Author Topic: Kobe is selfish. He's not a team player. He's not a leader.  (Read 1063 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Kobe is selfish. He's not a team player. He's not a leader.
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 11:45:03 AM »
And I'd like to see that interview you're talking about as well...Sounds fishy...PeACe
Im pretty sure it was right before or just as Shaq became a Laker...He was asked why he didnt socialize with the team outside of the game and shit. He said something to the effect that it wasnt necessary to be loved by his team mates just as long as they win. Anyway he came off as a douchebag and thats one of the reasons i didnt like dude. Also i still think its bullshit for anyone to dictate to the league where and when he's going to play,whatever the reason. Like I said though, I believe Kobe has grown alot and even though he is a laker i am becoming a fan of his... even if he hasnt grown or matured i would still have respect for the guy as a player and believe he's getting some undeserved hate.

Sounds like the Jordan mind-state to me...Kobe has always seemed less social, but it looks like he's been workin on it. He didn't really dictate anything when he came in the league though, he said what he said, and the NBA chose to comply. If Charlotte wouldn't have drafted him, he just woulda went to college...It's not like he pulled a Steve Francis or anything like that LOL.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 11:45:08 AM »
everything i've seeen in the media has been "kobe bryant is such a crucial addition to team usa"   and various comments about his defense. however , and if you look in yesturdays newspaper it says "lebron lead team usa to the gold" and if you look at other newspaper headlines you see " Carmelo and company crushes the competition"

so in the end YES kobe bryant is being talked about positively (for once) in the media. however on the same level (and more) so are lebron and melo.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »
everything i've seeen in the media has been "kobe bryant is such a crucial addition to team usa"   and various comments about his defense. however , and if you look in yesturdays newspaper it says "lebron lead team usa to the gold" and if you look at other newspaper headlines you see " Carmelo and company crushes the competition"

so in the end YES kobe bryant is being talked about positively (for once) in the media. however on the same level (and more) so are lebron and melo.

I want to see ONE claim, for ANY media outlet that says Carmelo or LeBron have been the best out there or the main leader...PLEASE show me, PLEASE...ONE.

Seriously, the act is becoming lame, Jake...Everyone knows Kobe controls tempo on BOTH ends. EVERYONE. It's not even up for debate.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »
Please stop Jake.  Its obvious to anyone that watches basketball that Kobe is by far the best w/out a close second.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 09:53:35 PM »
everything i've seeen in the media has been "kobe bryant is such a crucial addition to team usa"   and various comments about his defense. however , and if you look in yesturdays newspaper it says "lebron lead team usa to the gold" and if you look at other newspaper headlines you see " Carmelo and company crushes the competition"

Yes but even when the media says something positive about Kobe, they still have to grind their teeth and throw a grain of salt in it. Had Kobe gone out there and scored 40 or 50 points a night and led Team USA  to the Gold Medal they would've said he played selfishly. But he went out there brought a winners attitude, a killer instinct, a swagger, leadership, and intensity and led the team so now they want to give the credit to the big scorers. Once again placing Kobe in a lose-lose situation.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »
STILL, every media report is either claiming various captains AND/OR that Kobe is the main man...Nowhere has someone said Melo or LeBron is running the show for the team. Jake just pulls this shit out his ass for argument sake, cuz he doesn't like Kobe...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
^^Not one of those articles claimed LeBron or Carmelo to be the leader of the squad, but rather that they led the team to a victory with most points. Every article that talks about captains/leaders mentions either Kobe as the top dog, or Kobe, Melo, Kidd etc. as all co-captains. NOBODY out there is debating this...Help yourself...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »
that's the point! there is no SOLE CAPTAIN....god.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 08:26:45 PM »
When they gave Team USA the trophy they presented it to "team captain Jason Kidd". I thought they were co-captains but if it is just Kidd - no complaints from me. As long as theres a real leader (not Lebron or Melo or Wade).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »
You guys are embarassing. C'mon. Who gives a flying fuck who was the team captain of Team USA?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
that's the point! there is no SOLE CAPTAIN....god.

There is no sole captain, but Kobe is the floor leader, genius...Come on, now. Take it from somebody who was at the games, there is no way you can say Kobe wasn't the top dog running the sets out there.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »
kidd or billips were the ones usually pushing the ball, and if their was a third person it was lebron. lol. melo and redd for the first half of the tourny were the go to guys on the scoring end, and lebron and kobe were usually finding their own shots.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »
Kobe

-

-

The rest.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 05:37:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/v5ASgllxrws&amp;autoplay=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/v5ASgllxrws&amp;autoplay=0</a>
kobe is a great player. no one said he wasn't .
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:34:17 PM by Don Jacob »