Author Topic: So, Ive been bumping Docotor's Advocate on a 3 hour ride yesterday  (Read 1040 times)

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: So, Ive been bumping Docotor's Advocate on a 3 hour ride yesterday
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »
I get how you feel Timbo. The best times for CD's to really grow on me is when i'm doing something that takes ages, trying to go asleep or just doing something in general, Doc's Advocate grew on me back in xmas time i think it was? I'd give the album a solid 4/5 too, maybe change one or two ratings with the songs you chose though, but i guess that's just because i prefer some more to others.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
I give it the exact same review lol!!!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »
Yeah I definitely agree that the subject matter was played out, still a great cd though

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 08:42:06 PM »
i like both albums....but the DOC still sounds more fresh to me..DA is a dope album from the beginning to the end but but DOC is more original

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »
now this review is more like it. Your first one was bias imo, although you you seem to have overrated songs Lets Ride 5/5 ???

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 12:16:21 AM »
I'd co-sign your assesment of the album, but I'd swap some scores:

Wouldn't Get Far with Scream On Em
Let's Ride with Too Much

Just personal preference. Otherwise the scores are looking straight to me.

The album's held up its appeal really well over time. Remains to be seen hw long the appeal lasts, but it's safe to say by now it's a quality record and not a week-worth-of-spins, heat-of-the-moment type of joint.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:20:35 AM by T-Dogg »

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »
i have bumped this cd too much.... i played it at work... its jut not that great to me anymore.. but it was when i first got it. meh... need a rest  i guess

Lucifuge

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:50 AM »
i like DA beckous iz gangsta west coast not g unit pop sound,gunz in trunk man
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 04:15:29 AM »
In the Documentary, Game was tryna appeal to everybody, bein a new artist and all......The DA was an album more dedicated to his fans, thats why theres more personal subject matter and IMO shows more of the real Jayceon Taylor rather than "The Game" that 50 and Dre and Big Fase tried to create but ended up failing......tahts why IMO, Doctor's Advocate is a way better album than the Documentary, the Documentary had much more commercial appeal but The DA seemed much more real to me....

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
i have bumped this cd too much.... i played it at work... its jut not that great to me anymore.. but it was when i first got it. meh... need a rest  i guess

I feel one tends to get tired of any record if you keep bumping it non-stop. I sometimes get bored of some artists or records when I listen to them too often in a short period of time. But when you take a break from it, you'll want to listen to those same favourites again afterwards. You browse through your records and come across something like "I haven't bumped this in a while", you slap it on and it's great again. Certainly happened to me with The Documentary when it came out.

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 11:49:02 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you hold the same amount of respect now for Doctor's Advocate that you did 6 months ago?  Do you still give the album play time?

D~Nice

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you hold the same amount of respect now for Doctor's Advocate that you did 6 months ago?  Do you still give the album play time?

Hell yeah. Still gets steady burn from me.

WestCoasta

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »
it is a likeable album

Piffery

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 12:06:13 AM »
its got some great beats but i will not bump it loud in the ride. i feel like such a wigger when i hear his bullshit boasting and bad gangster rhymes pumping loud enough for others in traffic to hear.

Allpaul

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 02:35:05 AM »
In the Documentary, Game was tryna appeal to everybody, bein a new artist and all......The DA was an album more dedicated to his fans, thats why theres more personal subject matter and IMO shows more of the real Jayceon Taylor rather than "The Game" that 50 and Dre and Big Fase tried to create but ended up failing......tahts why IMO, Doctor's Advocate is a way better album than the Documentary, the Documentary had much more commercial appeal but The DA seemed much more real to me....
Game probably didn't have any master plan as far as appealing to the masses, he was probably just following the orders sent down from the powers that be,  with great results, I might add. It's pretty hard to follow an album with a track like No More Fun & Games.... Anyone who heard that Game track can't say shit about the lyrical content of that banger, no? I think in hindsight, people and critics will be more forgiving of the DA than people are on this board are after only a few years of it's release. Given the circumstances, the DA is dope as fuck. People AND critics never think of the circumstances or where the artist was at that point in their careers. It's only in hindsight that people take those things into account. Remember, The Chronic, Doggystyle, and 2001 weren't regarded as 5 mic albums until way after their original release dates, but it's pretty obvious that all of those records changed the soundscape of music afterwards. Every rapper wanted to rap over beats with bass as heavy as Dre was using on the Chronic. Lots of rappers tried to cut a record as cohesive as Doggystyle, where it went together almost like a movie or some shit. I don't think there would have been a Murder Inc. if Irv Gotti didn't bite Dre's style from 2001 to a far lesser effect.