Author Topic: Edit: Greg Oden out for the SEASON  (Read 956 times)

GangstaBoogy

Edit: Greg Oden out for the SEASON
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:14:27 PM »
I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for this old ass dude...

The Oregonian has learned that Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden injured his right knee on Monday in Portland and underwent a magnetic resonance imaging. The test results are not available, but he is expected to have exploratory surgery on Thursday, team sources said.

The Trail Blazers are expected to issue a press release shortly and we'll pass along more information as we learn more.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:34:45 AM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Greg Oden injured already
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
That's bustastic...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
 :rant: <-------Trail Blazers Fans

I guess they just don't make them like they used to.
These kid's are too fragile.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »
Dude has been injury prone from his high school days...Hope it works out for him though.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 11:06:41 AM »
awesome

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:50:31 PM »
Oden To Have Surgery On Hurting Knee

Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will undergo exploratory arthroscopic surgery this week because of pain in his right knee.

An MRI taken last week showed Oden may have some cartilage problems, general manager Kevin Pritchard said Monday.

A timetable for Oden's return will be set following the surgery, which will take place Thursday in Vancouver, Wash. The Trail Blazers open training camp in three weeks and the regular season starts Oct. 30.

F-cisco

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »
The Sam Bowie curse lives on!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 07:53:50 PM »
isn't one of his legs like half inch shorter than the other?

Said it before and I'll say it again, Durant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oden.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
Damn I hope everything works out for the kid

glad the Sonics got Durant  8)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:37:33 PM by thisoneguy360 »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »
Celebrated Trail Blazers rookie center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will likely miss the 2007-2008 season after undergoing knee surgery Thursday, the team said.

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a microfracture surgery today," team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who preformed the surgery, said in a statement posted on the Trail Blazers' Web site. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with microfracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage.

"There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all, he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from microfracture surgery."

The Blazers are to discuss the news at a 4:30 p.m. ET news conference. Oden's procedure was performed in Vancouver, Wash.

Oden described the knee pain in an entry Tuesday on his personal blog:

"On my vacation earlier this summer i got up off the couch and remember my knee having a sharp pain in it. That was about a month ago. I didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to seem like i was complaining or making excuses for anything. Plus i wasn't doing anything at the time i realized it hurt, so i figured it couldn't be anything big.

"After a couple of weeks, i had to finally tell someone so i went to St. Vincent's Sports Performance (where i worked out at before draft) and got my knee looked at. That was right before i moved to Portland for good. My knee was swollen since i was there. I finally just said that i need to tell my trainer because this is not normal. We went to the doctor's the next day to get a MRI and that night me and my mom ended up in the doctor's office being told that I have to get surgery. It's a light one, just a scoop, but still it's just another setback. I would like for me to be playing and not seem like i'm a high-maintenance player, but things just keep popping up.

This is Oden's second health problem since the Trail Blazers drafted him in June. He had a tonsillectomy in July after struggling in two Las Vegas summer league games.

Oden recovered from the tonsillectomy and was working out in the Portland area when he felt pain in his knee. AN MRI was taken last Thursday and Oden refrained from working out over the weekend.

Oden, despite being hampered by a wrist injury, averaged 15.7 points and 9.6 rebounds for Ohio State last season, leading the Buckeyes to the national championship game as a freshman. He had 25 points and 12 rebounds in the loss to Florida.

The Trail Blazers were the surprise winners of the NBA draft lottery and chose Oden over Texas forward Kevin Durant, who went to Seattle.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Edit: Greg Oden out for the SEASON
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »
HOLY SHIT!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »
The Sam Bowie curse lives on!!!

lmao +1 i was thinkin the same thing
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »
Sam Bowie>Greg Oden? :-X

rik

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 12:12:17 PM »
poor portland........LOL nevermind this is great news,lol. i bet they wish they would have kept zach now.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09