Author Topic: IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT GETTIN RESPECT  (Read 565 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: IM TIRED OF THE WEST NOT GETTIN RESPECT
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 08:06:16 PM »
yup yup cuz the radio be playing one hit wonders instead of some dope westcoast shit :-\

West Coast shit is only dope to the people who are into West Coast music. Reality is, the majority of the rappers out here aren't making music that hits outside of their general area. Blame the artists, not the radio.

But mainstream artists have never made music for other areas. Rap has always been about "rep where you are from".

Its a combination of the media, and the fans. Anybody can say blame the rappers, but lets be real. Down South rap is the hottest shit out right now. Can anyone honestly say that Down South rappers are the best rappers? lol I can count on one hand the amount of Down South rappers I would consider really good. The rest are just riding the wave of knockin beats and bootyshake music. We all already know, the rappers who sell the most records usually arent the best rappers. Theyre just the most marketable out of the group.

You can only blame the fans so much though since the media is the one force feeding everyone all this bullshit. If ClearChannel didn't own the majority of the radio stations in the nation, do you think we would have to put up with the same playlist day in and day out? Hell no. There is no more creative control at all.

Besides, it has only been in the past decade or so that bad rap has been marketable. That is why there aren't classic albums anymore and also why there are no good new rappers. The only good rappers on the radio these days are the ones that have been around since the early 90s.

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »
i guess its true when tupac past away the west hasent been the same

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 08:20:19 PM »
yup yup cuz the radio be playing one hit wonders instead of some dope westcoast shit :-\

West Coast shit is only dope to the people who are into West Coast music. Reality is, the majority of the rappers out here aren't making music that hits outside of their general area. Blame the artists, not the radio.

But mainstream artists have never made music for other areas. Rap has always been about "rep where you are from".

Its a combination of the media, and the fans. Anybody can say blame the rappers, but lets be real. Down South rap is the hottest shit out right now. Can anyone honestly say that Down South rappers are the best rappers? lol I can count on one hand the amount of Down South rappers I would consider really good. The rest are just riding the wave of knockin beats and bootyshake music. We all already know, the rappers who sell the most records usually arent the best rappers. Theyre just the most marketable out of the group.

You can only blame the fans so much though since the media is the one force feeding everyone all this bullshit. If ClearChannel didn't own the majority of the radio stations in the nation, do you think we would have to put up with the same playlist day in and day out? Hell no. There is no more creative control at all.

Besides, it has only been in the past decade or so that bad rap has been marketable. That is why there aren't classic albums anymore and also why there are no good new rappers. The only good rappers on the radio these days are the ones that have been around since the early 90s.

Its a revolving door. The media does forcefeed the fans this music we hear now. But likewise, the fans are the customers and ultimately make the decision. If the fans werent such sheep and would actually go find good music on their own, we wouldnt have this problem. But they dont, they just buy into whatever nonsense is on the radio and on tv. Ive been at the point for years now, that I never listen to the radio. Shit, I mostly support local artists from my city...and some others from the west too. But im more into that independent shit then the mainstream.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

SGV

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »
Down South artists like Hurricane Chris can make their bootyshake jams cuz the South is accepted outside of their general area. When the West gets to that point, then they will be able to do the same. But blame the West Coast rappers who aren't making the joints that hit across the nation. So, when you cats complain about Ya Boy making a joint with Cool n Dre cuz it sounds "too Southern," realize that its him making a crossover track to get accepted nationwide and you as West Coast fans should support it, whether you like it or not. Just support it, cuz if it hits, eventually other West Coast cats will start to hit and you'll the influx of West Coast rappers on the Radio and MTV.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 07:13:57 AM »
Fuck that shit man im tired of watchin mtv and bet and not ever seeing any westcoast videos im tired of listinnin to the radio not hear any westcoast g shit man and now i hear that julio g got fired what the fuck i hope that shit aint true man someone has to do something we aint gettin our respect man i mean when people think of the west right now they only think of two people and ya know who they are man i feel we got to start a chanel or a radio station or something man cuz this shit is so depressing :pimp:

You know the Eastcoast, South were saying the same thing when in the early to mid 90's WestCoast had took over.  They were tired of seeing niggaz gangbangin on wax and no real emcees, etc.  For the media its like a revolving door.  West will come back eventually, personally I don't see too many artist deserving to be on tv or have a deal.  Talent is lacking everywhere as far as what the media displays.  Thats why I continue to listen to underground hungry artists and don't listen to the radio or watch videos that much.

Only way you can get your West Coast back up is to have these old 90's artist stop trying to stay in the limelight because their time is over.  Not saying they shouldn't make music no more but they should be giving the shine to newer talented artists.  When they do try to have someone on the forefront, it is peeps that aren't as talented as they are, like they afraid to let those artists outshine them.  Who have the doggpound put out?  Didn't they have some sort of American Idol type thing....?  I ain't seen nothing yet but them promoting them.  What about Snoop?  Using his own words those peeps he deals with is crumbs on his table.  Yukmouth?  C'mon now who's on his label that someone is really anticipating?  The list goes on and on.

Someone on the west gotta come with that new sound.  Peeps gotta start buying albums of Westcoast artists, they have to request radio jams, etc.  The women have taken control of hiphop as you can see with all this dance shit and puppy love songs. 

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »
Down South artists like Hurricane Chris can make their bootyshake jams cuz the South is accepted outside of their general area. When the West gets to that point, then they will be able to do the same. But blame the West Coast rappers who aren't making the joints that hit across the nation. So, when you cats complain about Ya Boy making a joint with Cool n Dre cuz it sounds "too Southern," realize that its him making a crossover track to get accepted nationwide and you as West Coast fans should support it, whether you like it or not. Just support it, cuz if it hits, eventually other West Coast cats will start to hit and you'll the influx of West Coast rappers on the Radio and MTV.

Homie, youre assuming that the south is on the radio more now just because they make better music then everyone. Thats silly. You know this "popularity" shit goes in waves. Its damn near cool to be country these days, regardless of the music. Bitches like that shit. And with females buying into rap more and more...the music has to cater to them. That doesnt mean the music is BETTER. It just means its more popular. Look at that reggaetton bullshit. It got HUGE for a minute. It didnt get that big because males accross the country liked to shake their ass (i hope not anyways). Youre into hip hop, so I know you get me on this. The best rappers, and a lot of times the best music isnt whats played on tv or the radio. Whats played on tv and radio is what appeals to those who listen to the radio and watch videos. Females, and kids.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58:37 PM »

Thats basically it...the rap that is selling these days is less substance, and more smoke and mirrors. Stupid ass hooks, videos with hot women everywhere...and stupid catchy beats. Rappers these days are more like R&B singers who cant sing.

Look at what 50's doing to try to sell his album, he's throwing in Timberlake, trying to make club music, which would be fine if the quality of his RAPPING was good, but it isnt...and its because he knows that's not whats gonna get him those multi platinum placs. Not sayin thats the only reason the West gettin no play, but its definetely a factor.

SGV

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »

Homie, youre assuming that the south is on the radio more now just because they make better music then everyone. Thats silly. You know this "popularity" shit goes in waves. Its damn near cool to be country these days, regardless of the music. Bitches like that shit. And with females buying into rap more and more...the music has to cater to them. That doesnt mean the music is BETTER. It just means its more popular. Look at that reggaetton bullshit. It got HUGE for a minute. It didnt get that big because males accross the country liked to shake their ass (i hope not anyways). Youre into hip hop, so I know you get me on this. The best rappers, and a lot of times the best music isnt whats played on tv or the radio. Whats played on tv and radio is what appeals to those who listen to the radio and watch videos. Females, and kids.

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I didn't say they make better music, I said they make music that gets accepted nationwide. Being Popular takes time. It took dudes like Cash Money, Trick Daddy, YoungBloodz, Lil Jon etc. to crossover and then, and only then, did the South see its influx of artists getting exposure. You're talking talent, thats another subject. Talent has never equaled success. The fact of the matter is, the West will not get respect even if it has 1000 rappers like KRS-One in his BDP days because the West isn't making noise outside of Game. Realize that to be relevent outside of your area, you have to make a joint that will be respected nationally. If there was more than just Game putting out national records that hit, the West would blow up. But only one artists doing it will not be sufficient. It took a number of artists from the South to come out and bring the spotlight to them. It took heavyweights like Jay-Z, Nas, DMX, Busta Rhymes etc. to bring the spotlight back to the West once Biggie died. So you want the West to get respect, start supporting the artists who are trying to get that nationwide exposure, instead of dissing them for not being 110% West Coast.

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 07:12:29 PM »

You didn't read what I wrote did you? I didn't say they make better music, I said they make music that gets accepted nationwide. Being Popular takes time. It took dudes like Cash Money, Trick Daddy, YoungBloodz, Lil Jon etc. to crossover and then, and only then, did the South see its influx of artists getting exposure. You're talking talent, thats another subject. Talent has never equaled success. The fact of the matter is, the West will not get respect even if it has 1000 rappers like KRS-One in his BDP days because the West isn't making noise outside of Game. Realize that to be relevent outside of your area, you have to make a joint that will be respected nationally. If there was more than just Game putting out national records that hit, the West would blow up. But only one artists doing it will not be sufficient. It took a number of artists from the South to come out and bring the spotlight to them. It took heavyweights like Jay-Z, Nas, DMX, Busta Rhymes etc. to bring the spotlight back to the West once Biggie died. So you want the West to get respect, start supporting the artists who are trying to get that nationwide exposure, instead of dissing them for not being 110% West Coast.

It took a WestCoast artist signing to G-Unit for him to even get spins in NY, its just all bias. What Im saying is that it has nothing to do with the music thats being made. It has to do with what the so called fans consider cool at that time. This shit always goes in rotations. In the early and mid 90's, the Westcoast was still makin gangsta rap (just like now), the South was still makin bootyshake music (just like now), the Eastcoast was claiming to be lyricists (just like now)....and over the last 15 years we've seen each region have its turn being "in".

SGV

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 09:59:10 PM »

It took a WestCoast artist signing to G-Unit for him to even get spins in NY, its just all bias. What Im saying is that it has nothing to do with the music thats being made. It has to do with what the so called fans consider cool at that time. This shit always goes in rotations. In the early and mid 90's, the Westcoast was still makin gangsta rap (just like now), the South was still makin bootyshake music (just like now), the Eastcoast was claiming to be lyricists (just like now)....and over the last 15 years we've seen each region have its turn being "in".

The South's shit is more than just bootyshake. Its rowdy. Its club shit. Its flossy shit. Swagger music. Drug music. etc. Its much different than before. Before the South was just Outkast, Geto Boys, Goodie Mob and Luke. Now there's Little Brother, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Plies, Lil Wayne, Bun B, Paul Wall etc... Its a lot different now. But the South is hot. It took dudes like Outkast, Scarface and Luke to kick the door in so that the South would be respected. The East Coast has changed too. They let the lyrics take a back seat to their Swag. They got off their high horses and started utilizing punchlines about being rich and being up in the club. They adapted. They changed. The West Coast, like you said, still makes Gangsta Rap. They haven't changed. They're stagnant. Therefore, they will never get respect.

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
i guess its true when tupac past away the west hasent been the same

LOL kill yourself please  8)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
I Guess that the west will just wi; have to do alot of work to make a comeback

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 03:58:06 PM »
The west had it's time in the spotlight when what they were rapping about was a phenomena. Now being g'd up is the norm for almost any rapper, so it's not the west has anything unique to bring to the table. When the west gets that next trend, they might get another shot at being on top. Right now the south pwns rap music.

the average music listener today is like a bird in a flock, they just follow what the birds around them are doing. Following a new trend usually doesn't happen overnight either so you can't expect one change to bring the west back.

Westdog

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
Fuck pop rap!all they can rap about is pussy and money! fuck that shit! give me some G shit! and street shit like back n the days
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Al Bundy

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
Fuck pop rap!all they can rap about is pussy and money! fuck that shit! give me some G shit! and street shit like back n the days

like gangster rap doesn't include pussy and money?