Author Topic: Animal in Man Dead Prez  (Read 95 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Animal in Man Dead Prez
« on: September 21, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ubMQkPzc0Fs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ubMQkPzc0Fs</a>
Crazy Cartoon!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: Animal in Man Dead Prez
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:44:04 PM »
Props.  That song is dope is fuck.  The video, book, and movie are also good.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
I heard about the video, book , movie. I got to check it out, are they reading material for kids or older heads?

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:11:20 PM »
I heard about the video, book , movie. I got to check it out, are they reading material for kids or older heads?
Well, Eric Blair aka George Orwell wrote Animal Farm so it's more so for older heads who understand politics and history.  Simultaneously, if I were to teach a history or politics class to younger folks I would attempt to familiarize my students with the story/movie as well.  Basically it depends on who you're dealing with.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:15:03 PM »
Well, Eric Blair aka George Orwell wrote Animal Farm so it's more so for older heads who understand politics and history.  Simultaneously, if I were to teach a history or politics class to younger folks I would attempt to familiarize my students with the story/movie as well.  Basically it depends on who you're dealing with.
Got cha'

BANANAS

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 02:10:39 AM »
^see what i mean? narrrroooow

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:39:54 AM »

Yes, great song, great video, great book.  I listened to an old radio broadcast of "Animal Farm" on my ipod and it was excellent.  Orwell was writing about the Bolshevik revolution in Russia and all the characters had some relationship to actual groups and people from that era. 

I wasn't that familiar with Russian politics, but really there are parallels to many nations throughout history. 

You could even say that the American government has abandoned it's own constitution and the very principals it was founded upon.  The Patriot Act wipes out the Bill of Rights amendment protecting citizens from unnecessary search and seizure, the right to bear arms has been taking away by the Brady Bill and numerous laws that fly in the face of the bill of rights, you have people going away for life in the "War On Terror" for saying the wrong thing, some people have been locked up in Gauntanomo indefinitely without having formal charges brought against them with no right to prove their innocence, just because King Bush says they are guilty they are guilty. According to the constitution any powers not directly given to the federal government were supposed to be the duty's of the states, but the federal government has seized total control of the states, and is now a trillion dollar government with great centralized power and authority to interfere with anyone's lives they choose, even torture is being made legal.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 10:03:42 AM »

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 07:12:47 AM »

It's really a fable though. Written like all other fables: in a style for the kids to comprehend. No difficult words, no technical stuff; very well visualizing and fast-paced. Of course, it's supposed to be read by adults as well, but how is Animal Farm not a book for the kids?