Author Topic: Is Ras Kass a top 5 all time West Coast MC?  (Read 236 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Is Ras Kass a top 5 all time West Coast MC?
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:28:01 AM »
I was listening to some Horsemen tracks last night and damn Ras definitely shined on pretty much all off them, I would say in those tracks he was pretty equal to Canibus as far as lyrically and strictly as a MC I would definitely put him in the top 5, Soul On Ice definitely one of top debut albums of all time

d-nice

Re: Is Ras Kass a top 5 all time West Coast MC?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:38:29 AM »
I was listening to some Horsemen tracks last night and damn Ras definitely shined on pretty much all off them, I would say in those tracks he was pretty equal to Canibus as far as lyrically and strictly as a MC I would definitely put him in the top 5, Soul On Ice definitely one of top debut albums of all time

If you go by lyrics, no doubt. But everything else no. And alot of that has to do with Priority not allowing him to release albums. He should be on his 4th or 5th album by now, working with Dre and the other heavy hitters in the industry.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:45:42 AM »
I never liked dude albums like that but he is the best battle mc on the west.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:50:23 AM »

True. I would like to see Ras Kass do a concept album. Not just a song but a cohesive concept album.

ai002h

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 06:51:30 AM »
Top 10 MAYBE....Soul on Ice is a personal classic, but imo Kass has not lived up to it since droppin that album. Obviously he's great lyrically which is why he may crack my top 10-15.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:16:38 AM »
yeah obviously his catalogue doesn't warrant him that status but I'm thinking strictly as a lyricist/MC I really think Ras is on that level even over Canibus cause sometimes he tends to do that using big words and going nowhere whereas Ras has always been intellingent and dope as far as his lyrics making sense, just dope all aound

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »
yeah obviously his catalogue doesn't warrant him that status but I'm thinking strictly as a lyricist/MC I really think Ras is on that level even over Canibus cause sometimes he tends to do that using big words and going nowhere whereas Ras has always been intellingent and dope as far as his lyrics making sense, just dope all aound

Strictly as a lyricist, he is one of the best on any coast.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 08:48:54 AM »
very tuff question, he dint always get good beats. Hell he practicly never had realy good beats for a hole album. Lyrics alone very talented, lacks a ocerall package tho.

$Eg2$

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »

who has he battled???

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »

Strictly as a lyricist, he is one of the best on any coast.

Speaking of the Horsemen,

I have always loved track # 1 on the Horsemen Project.

"the Horsemen are Here!"

Unfortunately , every version I have ever heard is flawed with that fucking clipping shit.

Was there ever a polished or remastered version released elsewhere?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
technically nothing to write home about, flow's terrible, beats mostly suck, so no
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 04:18:32 PM »
Never really liked dude, hes probably recovering from games beating right now LOL!!!

lonestone

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 02:22:34 AM »
Top 15-20. The lack of material and the fact his flow never got strong really hurt him. But lyrically and concept wise he's top 10.
Looking for mc's message me or email me. Peace.