Author Topic: IF IT WASNT FOR MC EIHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 926 times)

gator313

Re: IF IT WASNT FOR MC EIHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »
MC Eiht is a great artist.  I feel he hasn't got his just do in the game.   You is very underrated.

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »
If It wasn't for MC Eiht, you wouldn't have a dick to suck.

$Eg2$

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 01:43:07 PM »
Mc Eiht  ???
Isnt that the guy from Menace II Society  ???
And isnt he the guy that left out the "G" cuz the "G" aint in him  ???

:-\

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 02:06:00 PM »
Eiht aint sold no 15 million records....now thats funny....he has never went platinum, and I aint sure he ever went gold..he was close....ya cant count soundtracks where he has 1 song...that aint his album...

We Come Strapped was certified Gold and its his best seller, so yeah I dont believe in this 15 mil records sold too

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
fucc Eiht...he's washed up. nigga aint done shit for the westcoast...i mean come on..what he do??. n str8 up menace is a weak ass record.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2007, 03:05:41 PM »
Eiht is one of my favourite rappers. I like his laid back flow and also when he gets kinda aggressive and confrontational on some tracks. "We Come Strapped" is my all time favourite album, DJ Slip & Eiht was a genius duo on that record.
Anyway, the problem with ANY thread about Eiht in here is, that Westside159 stops by to ride his dick up and down and that nearly all ppl who reply after him use to comment on what he wrote. And because of the fact, that everything he writes is 99% bullshit, ppl reply on bullshit and there's no real discussion bout Eiht.
To make that clear, I really love MC Eiht's music. I think "Affiliated" was a great album. But I hate when people say Quik destroyed him, or the other way round. Both had their "hits" with them disses and I must say, that Dollaz N Sense is my favourite one of them all, because it really knocks. I just think it's a great song at all, lyrics, beat, a catchy hook etc... It's more lyrical than any of Eiht's disses. But I don't like Eiht for his lyrical cleverness, I just like his gangsta  attitude. There's no other rapper who sounds so "real" in this way. His flow on some songs is awsome and he did my favourite laid back joints.
Now about the sales. It's ridiculous to suggest Eiht has sold 15 Million records. Eiht was NEVER a rapper running the charts, he did his gangsta thang and he kept doing it, and he is good at what he's doing, but besides "Streiht Up Menace" and "All For The Money" he doesn't have any real hits when you judge his songs by sales.
And by the way, does anyone know, why he is spelled withou the "G" in his name? I mean it was perfect for Quik do diss him with that, as it was perfect for Eiht that Quik used to have a somehow "corny" haircut. And you know the "Can U Werk Wit Dat" video, Quik is still on top when it comes to hair :D

Now, I don't think Eiht is washed up, he still has that "gangsta lean". And I loved him on Snoop's "Candy", it was classic, Eiht on a hyphy track lol. "I Feel Good, About Candy - My Gangstaz Understand Me" - my fav. line of '06  8)
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2007, 04:50:03 AM »
i haven't heard all of MC Eiht's albums, but he should have had one album where he works with bigger westcoast producers ( ok he's worked with a few well known westcoast producers, but he also has worked a lot of unknown producers), he can affort that right( even though he may not have sold so much as some other westcoast rappers) . besides he also had a lot of laid back beats on his albums; it's not that they are wack, but he needs an album full of raw gangsta beats, because he's a raw gangsta rapper, and those type of beats will work out better for his flow ( i mean, on tracks like Def wish II, MC Eiht is really at his best imo).

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:54:53 AM by Dre-Day »

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 08:45:12 AM »
That nigga made Drive By music