Author Topic: Halo 3 Helps 360 Edge Out Wii!!  (Read 450 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 3 Helps 360 Edge Out Wii!!
« on: October 18, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »
October 18, 2007 - Videogame hardware and software sales for the month of September are in and, according to NPD results, Nintendo's nine-month hold on the number one and number two best-selling system spots is finally at an end. But only barely. Stellar sales of Halo 3, which sold collectively to a whopping 3.3 million buyers, propelled Xbox 360 sales to 527,000 units for the month. Wii took second place with 501,000 units. DS sold through another 495,000 systems, PSP 284,000, PS2 215,000 and finally, PS3 a mere 119,000.

Amazingly, Wii's top seller for September wasn't Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which managed nearly 170,000 in sales for the month, but Wii Play with 282,000 more copies sold. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Brain Age 2 for DS sold through 224,000 and 141,000 copies respectively.

Although Wii had no games to match the sales of Halo 3 on Xbox 360, Nintendo's system still very much held its own for the month, which is perhaps the biggest surprise. Given the hype and anticipation surrounding Microsoft's first-person shooter sequel, many analysts had predicted that Xbox 360 would outsell all competitors by a wide margin, which didn't happen. Indeed, if Xbox 360 sales cool down even a little, Nintendo's console may once again overtake Microsoft's in October and beyond.

-IGN.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Halo 3 Helps 360 Edge Out Wii!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 04:55:41 PM »
I really don't see how the Wii continues to sell. Its worse than the ps3 as far as games that are currently out (not having any beyond 1 worth owning), nothing worth giving a fuck coming out in the future, and the controller is so annoying it makes me sick.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »
I really don't see how the Wii continues to sell. Its worse than the ps3 as far as games that are currently out (not having any beyond 1 worth owning), nothing worth giving a fuck coming out in the future, and the controller is so annoying it makes me sick.

wow i couldnt disagree more. It continues to sell because it is a completely new and innovative way of playing games, the controller works great imo , hasnt been this big of a change in gaming since the N64 as far as gameplay goes. It launched with Zelda and Metroid Prime 3 is already out add Paper Mario, RE4 plus the virtual console and its pretty sick. As far as games coming out this year, Mario Galaxy and a new resident evil are coming out with mariokart and super smash bros coming out in early 08

its definitely got a  better gaming library then the ps3

you should give the controller another try cuz i can pretty much guarantee that microsoft and sony will use something similar in the next generation

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:56:10 PM »
I've played the wii plenty. I hate the controller, i'm tired of mario related games,i hate super smash bros,and metroid prime is nothing special. Zelda=the only game on the wii that I care about at all.

As far as the controller being "new and innovative", new and innovative doesnt mean good. If MS and Sony go exclusively to a wii-like controller next gen, I guess that would make this current gen of consoles the last I will own.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »
I've played the wii plenty. I hate the controller, i'm tired of mario related games,i hate super smash bros,and metroid prime is nothing special. Zelda=the only game on the wii that I care about at all.

As far as the controller being "new and innovative", new and innovative doesnt mean good. If MS and Sony go exclusively to a wii-like controller next gen, I guess that would make this current gen of consoles the last I will own.

lol...wow!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »
next month will see the wii sales above the xbox360 sales cause the xbox360 sales was about only 1 game ( but i really dont give a fuck a bout this,just my 2 cents! but it's all good)

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 06:43:52 PM »

Ok so when did you go play Trauma Centre: Second Opinion.?????????
New and innovative gave Nintendo sales, they needed that after GC's failure against the PS2. The best games are still to come, and no i won't refer to the mario related ones then.

Ghost Squad
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Guitar Hero 3 Maybeeeeeee
- Insert various Virtual Console games here -
NiGHTS

That's the most i can think off the top of my head right now.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion looks good! is it out yet cuz i need to try this shit out!

swangin and bangin

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
yea they got a video on it

www.halo360films.com

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 10:05:27 PM »

Ok so when did you go play Trauma Centre: Second Opinion.?????????
New and innovative gave Nintendo sales, they needed that after GC's failure against the PS2. The best games are still to come, and no i won't refer to the mario related ones then.

Ghost Squad
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Guitar Hero 3 Maybeeeeeee
- Insert various Virtual Console games here -
NiGHTS

That's the most i can think off the top of my head right now.

Don't care about any of those, except for possibly NiGHTS. GH3 is on 360, but im getting rock band instead so........

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:53:07 AM »

lmao this is comedy

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »
Personally I think 360 is the best console out of the 3, its Mid Price, has the Most Games, and With Xbox Live is just sick. But Wii is gonna outsell it constantly, its cheap, user  Friendly, and most of all There are games Specificly targeted for Girls, so theres a whole new market opened up there. If the Ps3 sales dint pick up for xmas then its over. They really shot there self in the foot with the price.

Also 360 might win The Monthly sales when GTA4 is released.

[img]

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:19 AM »
Hmmmm
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone