Author Topic: I think Snoop Dogg HAS to be considered a top 5 of all time  (Read 720 times)

Hey Ma

Re: I think Snoop Dogg HAS to be considered a top 5 of all time
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 12:45:43 AM »
man i agree with westcoast Method man>>>most of the usual top 5 bullshit picks.

Suga Free
Ghostface Killa
E-40
DJ Quik
Cam'ron

those dudes represent the most important factors of rhyming to me being creativity, uniqueness, mass appeal, drawing from the world around you, and being able to ride a beat like others cant.. Say what you want about them contributing conscious smart blah blah whatever the fuck but these dudes put it down in their respective genres and are at the pinnacles of rap.

WestCoasta

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »
^ yea.... E-40 for sure

anyone who dislikes E-40 is someone who never heard him and can't understand him and is square as a box of fruit loops for not knowing what he's talkin about

chuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »
I dunno about top 5, but yeah he's a Icon, he's probably the most known rapper because his presence is everywhere. But he can't drop a classic album without Dre; although he still can drop good verses/ a good song (that's why he's the most featured rapper at all)
In opposite to Cube Snoop hasn't fallen off rap wise, but he can't make a good album all by himself. Snoop still could could record a new Doggystyle with Dre (altough the momentum is not there)

As rapper Snoop is one of the 5 greatest to me, but as an artist, hell no

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 02:33:39 AM »
^ yea.... E-40 for sure

anyone who dislikes E-40 is someone who never heard him and can't understand him and is square as a box of fruit loops for not knowing what he's talkin about

chuuuuuuuuuuuuuch

east coast dudes are the worst they never give 40 props like that fool Rasheed Wallace and AZ

Blue Smooth

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 02:04:24 PM »
Not sure where Snoop is ranked, but outside of Dr. Dre no artist has had a bigger influence on the west as a whole. Snoop birthed an entire gang. Would we know the entire DPGC without Snoop? How many rappers are known because of Snoop. That alone should get him a very high ranking. 15 years of solo albums, plus the Dogg Pound, Warren G, Nate, Tha Eastsidez, Bad Azz, Soopafly, and countless others.