Author Topic: I think Snoop Dogg HAS to be considered a top 5 of all time  (Read 721 times)

GangstaBoogy

I think Snoop Dogg HAS to be considered a top 5 of all time
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:55:50 PM »
See usually when someone makes a top 5 rappers of all time list they get real anal about it...no homo. They go strictly off how lyrical those artist were (which is why the typical list is: 2Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem). But if you think about it, NO rapper has been more consistant than Snoop. I may not always agree with his makeovers, but I gotta give him credit, dude knows how to reinvent himself and stay relevant to the general public. LL has been in the game longer, but in between albums he doesn't release shiet. Cube is in my opinion THE greatest of all time, but he's in that same boat as LL. Jay-Z is overrated. Nas is amazing but he can't do it at all angles like Snoop. Eminem is too gimmicky. And I know it sounds fucked up, but Biggie wasn't alive long enough to be on that list, I mean a 3 year career and 2 albums doesn't cut it for me.

8 solo albums (Doggystyle, Tha Doggfather, Da Game is to Be Sold..., No Limit Top Dogg, Tha Last Meal, Paid the Cost, R&G, Blue Carpet Treatment), 3 group albums (Tha Eastsidaz, Duces N Trazyz, 213), mixtapes (Welcome 2 Da Chuuuch series), countless guest appearances on soundtracks, compilations, mixtapes and albums by other artist, stole the show on "The Chronic", and made a name for artist such as Daz, Kurupt, Warren G, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Tha Eastsidaz. Face it - the man is top 5.

Top 5 in random order: Snoop, Cube, Nas, Andre 3000, 2Pac
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Snoopafly-1986

Re: I think Snoop Dogg HAS to be considered a top 5 of all time
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:06 PM »
I don't think Snoop has dropped a dope album since Last Meal

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:15:19 PM »
I don't think Snoop has dropped a dope album since Last Meal

to a westcoast purist, even i msyelf havent bought one of his records since the last meal but i must admit, he's had more commercial succes since the days of doggysytle dropping songs like beautiful and drop it lke its hot.

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »
Actually consistentcy has been something lacking on Snoop's albums. Later in his career he has tried to cater to SO MANY sounds and people. But definitely you have to put him up there with the all time greats.

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 02:28:15 AM »
i wouldn't say top 5 overall ,but his flow is one of the greatest ever......i mean when he wants to rip a track, it sounds so dope, even if he's saying nothing (ie. think about it of TBCT)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 02:35:20 AM »
yeah he is somewhere close to my top 5

TRG

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 02:36:04 AM »
agree on how he reinvents himself.. he's like the hip hop madonna

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:47:05 AM »
if you talk about superstar power and his abilities to stay on top for 15 years , I agree ... but when it comes to music HELL NO ... dude has released too much inconsistent solos to be considered top 5, let alone top 10.... and as much as I'm a Snoop fan , he doesn't reinvent himself , he just worked through the years with the artists who were superhot (no homo) at a certain moment ( Master P, Pharell) ... though there is no doubt he's a fucking legend, the most famous rapper around the world for a while and has been on many classics ....

by the way about Jay being overrated , well you'll see the same comments about Snoop on EastCoast forums ... they both have been the main rappers on the spotlight for each side and both have the same pb : quantity over  quality ....  right now Snoop is way overrated by the WC fans, Jay is way overrated by the Eastcoast fans

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:39:38 AM »
Im a huge snoop fan but i have to say no way, he is way too inconsistant.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 05:32:38 AM »
id say near , in top 10 for sure. dude is a hip hop icon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 05:50:04 AM »
easily top five IMO.  Altho he does have a collection of sub-par tracks hes put out, Snoop easily has the biggest catologue of material of all time.  You go song for song, hit for hit with any other rapper and Snoop would be at the top.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:53:20 PM by PLANT »

$Eg2$

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »
 :-\

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 10:56:59 AM »
agree on how he reinvents himself.. he's like the hip hop madonna
Just wondering. Do you now what programs/plug ins are in dres monitor? (in your Picture)
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Dubb Montana

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »
He cant get in my top 5 but he can get on my TOP 10 OR 15

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 11:07:36 AM »
snoop is definitely up there...he sure is the most recognizable name in hip-hop of all time IMO
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com