Author Topic: Who wants to run the futbol/soccer Hall of Fame?  (Read 238 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Who wants to run the futbol/soccer Hall of Fame?
« on: October 10, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »
Since GP has been MIA, and there are still a few positions left to fill in our DUBCC FUTBOL/SOCCER HALL OF FAME, who is willing to run it? All you gotta do is open a thread for the position you're ranking, asking everyone to list their 10 best at that certain position, and from the 10 most popular, create 5 1-vs-1 polls until a winner is decided...Now who is up for it?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Who wants to run the futbol/soccer Hall of Fame?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »
pick me pick me i wanna do it. syke! im hella bored right now
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:14:39 PM »
We have to wait for the Englishmen to wake up.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 03:42:07 PM »
ill do it...i browze net all afternoon at work anyways..it aint a problem 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:29:39 PM »
^^It's all yours...Start it up.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »
if we are re doing this or continuing it then there needs to be clarifications on players and there positions as that what caused the problems last time.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »
^^Is this all really that hard for you guys to figure out?

Should I remove Non-American sports from the DUBCC SPORTS HALL OF FAME? Since no one is willing to do it?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 04:30:35 PM »

Should I remove Non-American sports from the DUBCC SPORTS HALL OF FAME? Since no one is willing to do it?

dude your knowledge of football/soccer is limited, so to say is it that hard to figure out is pretty patronising.

one player can play in a multiple of positions so it can get confusing, some people will see a player such as ronaldhino as a striker and others as a midfielder. Thats where the confusion lies.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 03:01:46 AM »

why are you so aggresive lol??..its only a website an i just said id do it.. :-\

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »

dude your knowledge of football/soccer is limited, so to say is it that hard to figure out is pretty patronising.

one player can play in a multiple of positions so it can get confusing, some people will see a player such as ronaldhino as a striker and others as a midfielder. Thats where the confusion lies.

It's just funny that you guys are having such a difficult time figuring it out...if people can fly to the fucking moon, I'm sure you can figure a way to rank fucking soccer players...EVERY sport has players who play multiple positions. Why is it that you Euros are the only ones having trouble with it, though? Always complaining and shit and too lazy/baffled to actually do something... SERIOUSLY. I'm just saying, if it's so troubling, like ya'll make it seem, I'm just gunna erase the whole thing...

But since StreetsAllSalute is willing to take charge, lets see what happens first...PeACe

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 12:33:42 PM »

It's just funny that you guys are having such a difficult time figuring it out...if people can fly to the fucking moon, I'm sure you can figure a way to rank fucking soccer players...EVERY sport has players who play multiple positions. Why is it that you Euros are the only ones having trouble with it, though? Always complaining and shit and too lazy/baffled to actually do something... SERIOUSLY. I'm just saying, if it's so troubling, like ya'll make it seem, I'm just gunna erase the whole thing...

But since StreetsAllSalute is willing to take charge, lets see what happens first...PeACe

europeans  accordin to NIK

whiny
lazy
baffled

shiiiit fam idk why no-one is tryin to see your point...when you put it so eloquently and with-out sterotyping anyone

bet you hate it when people sterotype jew's

now i wont stoop so low...but can you start namin people specifically and not just "you euros"...bless

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 12:43:50 PM »
^ word

and it's not soccer or futbol, but FOOTBALL, thought u've learned that, NIK ;)

kemizt

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
I don't really know why I'm bothering to explain this, but here we go anyway.

The reason issues come up is because not every football team plays the same formation and therefore it is hard to define roles for players as they are not all set into steadfast positions. It is not like Basketball where you just have five positions that always fulfil the same basic functions.

Possibly the only way to do this is to set the formation as 4-3-3, which allows for wingers, forward and strikers to all be put into one category, thus eliminating most of the debate over positions we had in the original threads. So simply vote for one goalkeeper, two wing/full backs, two centre backs, three central midfielders and three forwards. Its not ideal, but should be a lot less hassle than the original system we had in place.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 02:39:02 PM »
Naw I want 4-4-2 diamond  ;)

kemizt

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:23 AM »
Obviously, you guys are complaining way more than you are taking charge, so I'll give you a couple weeks to figure it out, and if nothing is worked out, I guess I'll just have to remove it from the Dubcc HOF...It really doesn't matter to me, it's up to ya'll. But it seems like it's not gunna work itself out, and no one is willing to take charge to work it out, so how do you guys expect it to work? Someone start a thread, or something...