Author Topic: PS3 Price Cut official! $400 40gb system coming , 80gb price drop to $500!  (Read 216 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Official: PS3 Price-Cut and New Model Coming
Sony confirms a 40 GB machine will hit the U.S. in time for the holidays.

October 18, 2007 - The new, much-rumored U.S. version of the $400 40 GB PlayStation 3 will be available in retail stores as early as Nov. 2, Sony Computer Entertainment of America president Jack Tretton confirmed today.

Industry watchers have been predicting the new model's emergence for weeks, and Tretton made it official in an interview with the Reuters financial news service today. The model has already made its way to Europe and Japan.

"I think the educational curve is starting to be broached with the general consumer," Tretton told Reuters, when asked about his expectations for the PS3 through the end of the year. The system lags far behind the Xbox 360 and the Wii in sales.

In addition to the new, cheaper model (which will not be backwards-compatible with PlayStation 2 games), Sony also plans to cut the price of the existing 80-gigabyte version from $600 to $500

-IGN.com

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
im copin one now. 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
U c apparently the sales on Amazon.com for the 80 GB have gon up 438% cos of this price cut....come on u PS3!!!!!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'ma wait till it goes down 300.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
im copin one now. 

dope, u gonna get the 40gb or 80gb?

probably the 80.  anybody know when socom is supose to come out? 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im copin one now. 

dope, u gonna get the 40gb or 80gb?

probably the 80.  anybody know when socom is supose to come out? 

No real solid release date yet, just TBA 2008 right now