Author Topic: Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Thread  (Read 566 times)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
Re: Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »
this is the only reason why i hate living in the US.  hearing you guys talking about the game already is painful.    :-[

how long til its state side mate?

not till early next year.   >:(

damn, that shits wack  :( ...

what console have people got this on 360/ps3? i got 360

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
this is the only reason why i hate living in the US.  hearing you guys talking about the game already is painful.    :-[

im still stuck on the ps2  :(

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »
I'm thinkin about gettin it.. 360..

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 04:02:02 PM »

im still stuck on the ps2  :(

yeh so am i.. its my brother who has the 360 and the whole live thing set up i just tend to play that more now a days.. but seriously when it comes to pro its always been the playstation from the iss pros to the pro evolution series.. ive been thinking bout getting it on the ps2 aswell, was a deal in a shopping centre round here that had it for £25.

Paul

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 05:41:35 PM »
i bought a ps3 and hd tv mainly for pro ev and goddamn its worth it, im officially addicted

iv got a master league with villareal, shaky defence and there isnt much depth in midfield so im stuck in the middle of the table with 13 games played, in the negotiation period imma try to get lahm, lucio, quaresma and lucho gonzalez

im ok upfront, rossi is such a good goal poacher and nihat is great playin off him, with tommason and franco to bring off the bench
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 08:51:16 PM »
Im in New Zealand, fuck knows when it will be out over here. Anyone got it for the 360? Please tell me full edit mode is back? Also, what you mean pick the national team yourself? Like old school fifa, even international players who's team aint in it are in it? And also for the 360 is the German League in it?

The Maestro

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »
i bought a ps3 and hd tv mainly for pro ev and goddamn its worth it, im officially addicted

iv got a master league with villareal, shaky defence and there isnt much depth in midfield so im stuck in the middle of the table with 13 games played, in the negotiation period imma try to get lahm, lucio, quaresma and lucho gonzalez

im ok upfront, rossi is such a good goal poacher and nihat is great playin off him, with tommason and franco to bring off the bench

how is the frame rate on the ps3?...i heard it gets really choppy in certain instances.

man, gamespot is starting to scare me with the horrible review pro evo got.   :-\

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

bez

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
Dont know whether I should buy this yet. I mean, I have heard its pretty similar to PES6. I tend to buy them every other year.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 03:42:35 PM »

Not much depth in midfield? Riquelme, Pires, Fernandez, Senna, Carzorla and Cani just off the top of my head!

What difficulty you playing at, because there's not much chance of getting real top players until you get promoted if you're playing on the hardest. On my Spurs Master League, I ended up getting Veron and Joao Moutinho, along with a few youngsters in the first year mid-season negotiations.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
It comes out in NZ next thursday! Yes!

The Maestro

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
Give more detailed reviews about the game please. I played the demo some weeks ago and I thought that it played way more arcade-style than PES6. Then I read some stuff on other boards that actually it´s not that much of a difference to PES6, so I don´t know wha to think about it.

Now since the PS2 version is supposed (at least from what I´ve read) to be almost the same as PES6 (no new moves etc) I wonder if it´s worth it to get a PS3 just for PES at the moment.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 01:24:05 AM »
It depends what game you played last.

If you last played PES6 on PS2, then the PS3/360 versions will seem a lot quicker to you (arcadey if you will). Despite the extra speed though, there is a lot more realistic elements thrown into the gameplay. Weight and balance of players seems to play more of a role in keeping hold of the ball, volleys are much improved over PES6 and the deflections are much more realistic. They've also added the ability to dive.

If you last played the Winning Eleven games (J League 06/07, or WC) then PES2008 on PS3/360 will seem slightly slower.

Basically, if you are looking for the same experience as PES6 on PS2, but with updated teams then get the PS2 version.

If you are looking for a quicker game, but one with a lot more realistic gameplay changes then pick up the PS3/360 version.

Just be warned that the replays and cut-scenes are incredibly jumpy on both the PS3 and 360.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:32 PM »
Played this game for hours when i first got it, seemed quite easy, then played against my friends and got beat! I got to used to playing the com. Man Utd are fantastic but the best all round squad in the game has got to be Real Madrid.

[img]

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »

The general concensus I have heard (bearing in mind i have all the previous games) is that the PS2 version is basically a glossy update of the previous one, with new kits etc but that the game itself is exactly the same. On the other hand, the PS3 game is where the noticable differences lie.

dstyle

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 05:06:24 AM »
best soccer game of this year

who plays online on here...??
they call me old school I dont take as an insult look at the new school NO THANK YOU

Nine - B east