Author Topic: D-12 Single Banned From Charts  (Read 94 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

D-12 Single Banned From Charts
« on: July 12, 2001, 10:08:27 AM »
Well, not quite.....Check it,

D-12 single banned from charts  
worldpop can exclusively report that Eminem and his hardcore rap crew D-12 will lose out on their No 2 position on the worldpop-sponsored singles chart this week, after falling foul of chart regulations.

The crew, no strangers to controversy, have apparently run foul of the formatting laws that govern the way in which the charts are compiled. According to a well-placed source one of the formats that the single exists in has too many mixes and will be excluded from the UK chart. However, by the time the mistake was communicated to the record retailers it was too late as some of the offending stock had already been sold.

Despite calls to the UK Charts Company, formerly known as CIN, the organisation, which compiles the charts, no comment was forthcoming either confirming or denying the story.

The last time a single was disqualified was late last year. Up-and-coming UK garage outfit So Solid Crew embarrassingly missed out on a Top 10 chart entry with their debut single Oh No (Sentimental Things) owing to a format irregularity on their aforementioned underground smash.  

It's believed that as of tomorrow, when the end of week midweek sales charts are published they'll show the D-12 single having slipped down possibly four or five places, responding to an adjustment necessitated by the chart rules.

As of yesterday, D-12 were currently No 2 in the UK midweeks, that puts them less than 2,000 copies behind Robbie Williams' Eternity and several thousand copies ahead of Wyclef Jean's Perfect Gentleman.

The tune Purple Pills, which as reported exclusively by worldpop last month was forced to change its name from Pills to Hills, has managed to storm the UK charts despite the fact that there's been virtually no European promotion from the group.

These charts peeps got some real issues!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Re: D-12 Single Banned From Charts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2001, 08:51:50 AM »
thats fucked up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas