Author Topic: Amy Winehouse performs "Back To Black" at EMA´s (Video)  (Read 689 times)

Lazar

Amy Winehouse performs "Back To Black" at EMA´s (Video)
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:15:59 AM »
She´s a great singer but god damn she´s so fucked up. That girl needs help

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/1EQrMNcAV5Gw4nJqU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/1EQrMNcAV5Gw4nJqU</a>

Elevz

Re: Amy Winehouse performs "Back To Black" at EMA´s (Video)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 04:20:05 AM »
I have seen very little of the EMA's, but this I witnessed. I was thinking, if she performs like this and the fans still scream like there's no tomorrow, you know the world is approaching an ultimatum of absolute scavenger behavior. I know this performance is the very most pathetic thing I've seen in an incredibly long time. A made singer with a golden voice singing songs of despair while publicly displaying she doesn't have a clue why she's still breathing...

Even if she doesn't manage to kill herself within a matter of months, her liver and her kidneys might just stop functioning, a heart attack could occur, or she could drink herself into a coma. Worst of all, I do wish that upon her, for her own sake. Amy Winehouse is among the most miserable people walking this earth. Britney's downfall doesn't even come close imo.

OchoCinco

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
Even if she doesn't manage to kill herself within a matter of months, her liver and her kidneys might just stop functioning, a heart attack could occur, or she could drink herself into a coma. Worst of all, I do wish that upon her, for her own sake. Amy Winehouse is among the most miserable people walking this earth. Britney's downfall doesn't even come close imo.
way to think on the bright side homie haha..

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »
I have seen very little of the EMA's, but this I witnessed.

Same here. I really don't understand why the media (magazines, Internet, MTV (Awards), etc...) keep giving her so much attention. Controversy sells? Yes, but in her case I'd ignore her.

I'm a high-school teacher and practically all the 15 year-old-girls I give English to really like Amy Winehouse, and me being myself, I can't help but having a class discussion about her. What do they like about her? Her songs? The chorusses? Do they know what she does in "real life"? Etc...
My aim is to let them think with a critical point-of-view, whether it's a singer, actors, politican or something else. I also listen to artists who use drugs, but I never see myself listening to someone like Amy and appreciating her music. Be professional for fuck's sake.

Gangsta rappers aren't exactly the best role-models out there for youngsters, but behaviour like that of Amy Winehouse isn't exactly inspiring either. That's what bothers me the most. They show a drunk/high singer on the MTV Awards like it's normal. Just like they censor gangsta rappers, they should censor her stupid ass too.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with using drugs or being suicidal. At least it's not all phony glamour like most successful female singers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:47 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with using drugs or being suicidal. At least it's not all phony glamour like most successful female singers.

She's openly displaying how she hates her life. She probably initially had very little reason to do so: she's a very talented singer and she has made it to the top doing that. Yet her personality is so incredibly weak, she forgets to enjoy her victory and instead she became this manically depressed drug addict. The power of her success and her achievements mean nothing to her anymore; she's now a savage, escaped from all cultural guidance society offers her, yet she does let the very same norms (such as the unwritten rules of loneliness) put her down. That's as stupid and depraved as it gets. That's what's wrong with doing drugs. That's how dangerous it is to try to escape from society.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »
Did y'all see that incident when she received her award?

kemizt

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »

Yeah, she came up on stage, looked around for a while with a look on her face of "where am I right now?" only to then walk off the stage without saying a word. Unbelievable. Like I said, they should ignore her. Someone who's ungrateful for success like her doesn't deserve the attention.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:49:24 PM »
Who exactly are you 2 guys to tell her to enjoy life? It's a god-given right to hate life and get fucked up... can't hate on anyone for doing it.
No, it's not a sin

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »

Yeah, she came up on stage, looked around for a while with a look on her face of "where am I right now?" only to then walk off the stage without saying a word. Unbelievable. Like I said, they should ignore her. Someone who's ungrateful for success like her doesn't deserve the attention.

I was like wtf is up

kemizt

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »
Who exactly are you 2 guys to tell her to enjoy life? It's a god-given right to hate life and get fucked up... can't hate on anyone for doing it.

I don't think anyone's threatening her at gun point, telling her to start enjoying life for once and for all. I didn't tell her to do that, and I don't think that's what Crafty implied either.

She can be as unhappy as she wants to be, as can you. But does she want to? Why should she? Why would anyone long for unhappiness? Don't tell me she's being like this on purpose.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 02:29:08 PM »

you cant hate anyone for hating life, but its unreasonable to portray to kids that its cool to be generally suicidal.

OchoCinco

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »
money and success dont buy happiness...real tlak

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »

Cocaine and hard liquor don't bring happiness, but how about success?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 02:38:44 PM »

you cant hate anyone for hating life, but its unreasonable to portray to kids that its cool to be generally suicidal.

Lol so now everybody who's famous is supposed to be a role-model for children? If so, there are a lot of people who can get dissed for being bad role-models... even worse ones at that...

I don't think anyone's threatening her at gun point, telling her to start enjoying life for once and for all. I didn't tell her to do that, and I don't think that's what Crafty implied either.

She can be as unhappy as she wants to be, as can you. But does she want to? Why should she? Why would anyone long for unhappiness? Don't tell me she's being like this on purpose.

Where's your reasoning? You're acting as if everybody could just be happy and in a good ass mood all the time... ignorant shit.

Of course, but people who lack money and success tend to think that those things are the solution to all problems, which couldn't be farther from the truth - sometimes exactly those things can bring worse problem than one want to imagine. Not everybody can handle it.

Cocaine and hard liquor don't bring happiness, but how about success?

Heroin brings happiness... fact.
No, it's not a sin