Author Topic: Any predictions for Tha Dogg Pound's Westcoast Aftershock album?  (Read 733 times)

jbel1021

Any predictions for Tha Dogg Pound's Westcoast Aftershock album?
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:42 PM »
Guests, material, production, etc? Daz said in an interview here that it was gonna have more songs for the ladies. I just hope Daz uses less outdated production (Dogg Chit). I wanna hear similar kinda beats like he had on So So Gangsta. I see Kurupt outshining Daz on here (just a feeling).

AnybodyKilla

Re: Any predictions for Tha Dogg Pound's Westcoast Aftershock album?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
We need some Bucc Em beats to lol!!!

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »
similar to the sound mack 10 had on bang or ball
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »
man i want those dogg food beats haha fareal tho

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:03:21 PM »

Yep. Although I like the producers Lil Wayne uses on his albums since Mannie left. I think it will have a more southern based sound to it.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 07:04:49 PM »

Yep. Although I like the producers Lil Wayne uses on his albums since Mannie left. I think it will have a more southern based sound to it.
can't really comment, cuz ain't heard 2 many wayne songs from his albums
ain't mannie back what cash money though to a certain extent? my gut feeling tells me i rather have fresh on the biards if it must be a cash money-related producer

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »
whatever works with them to make another dope album is all I'm concerned with and hope for  8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:13:40 PM by bloodmoney2007 »

jbel1021

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
whatever works with them to make another dope album is all I'm conerned with and hope for  8)

Yea. I was a little disappointed with Dogg Chit. Hopefully it will have a fresher sound.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:15:54 PM »

ain't mannie back what cash money though to a certain extent? my gut feeling tells me i rather have fresh on the biards if it must be a cash money-related producer

I don't remember too much either, but I liked the beats on Carter 2 and Like Father Like Son. I just think DPG has so many dope producers you really don't need to flood the album with alot of new producers like Cali Iz Active had. A few beats from Cash Money, Soopa, Fred and Daz/Ivan Johnson and that is all you need. I will accept 1-2 Wayne appearances and the rest keep it in house with maybe 1 or 2 appearances from maybe Mack 10 and Glasses. CM should not make the same mistakes they did with Bang Or Ball or like how No Limit did with Snoop. Change is good sometimes but keep that shit DP.

Lunatic

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »

I don't remember too much either, but I liked the beats on Carter 2 and Like Father Like Son. I just think DPG has so many dope producers you really don't need to flood the album with alot of new producers like Cali Iz Active had. A few beats from Cash Money, Soopa, Fred and Daz/Ivan Johnson and that is all you need. I will accept 1-2 Wayne appearances and the rest keep it in house with maybe 1 or 2 appearances from maybe Mack 10 and Glasses. CM should not make the same mistakes they did with Bang Or Ball or like how No Limit did with Snoop. Change is good sometimes but keep that shit DP.
didn't listen to this albums, that's my fault in that category
i like the idea of the cash money + 3-4 DPG producers, it's realistic & ideal..but i got a bad feeling it won't be the case :-\
i can also do with 1-2 wayne songs it's pretty much guaranteed..if more how many is the question will they go with..i bet u hes on the single..mack & GM should be on the album, best pretty much guaranteed thing we have at this point i think
see bang or ball had some GREAT west coast songs (connected 4 life, song with x & face etc.) but the problem was not enough of it, and 2 much of a CM sound..this time around, if CM does a better job keeping a balance between the 2, i'll be satisifed

thisoneguy360

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 07:22:35 PM »
I don't know but I don't like the sound of "more tracks for the ladies"

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »
whatever works with them to make another dope album is all I'm conerned with and hope for  8)

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »

i like the idea of the cash money + 3-4 DPG producers, it's realistic & ideal..but i got a bad feeling it won't be the case :-\
i can also do with 1-2 wayne songs it's pretty much guaranteed..if more how many is the question will they go with..i bet u hes on the single..mack & GM should be on the album, best pretty much guaranteed thing we have at this point i think
see bang or ball had some GREAT west coast songs (connected 4 life, song with x & face etc.) but the problem was not enough of it, and 2 much of a CM sound..this time around, if CM does a better job keeping a balance between the 2, i'll be satisifed

The original concept for Bang Or Ball was Dr. Dre was going to do half of the album and Mannie do the other half. So to me after that idea was scrapped the album sounded rushed to me. I think WCA was pretty much done before they signed, it is probably just a matter of adding some new tracks with their new labelmates.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 07:26:58 PM »

The original concept for Bang Or Ball was Dr. Dre was going to do half of the album and Mannie do the other half. So to me after that idea was scrapped the album sounded rushed to me. I think WCA was pretty much done before they signed, it is probably just a matter of adding some new tracks with their new labelmates.
yea i heard about that way after the album dropped (i only copped the album bout 2-3 years ago)
that would of been fantastic :o  but it is dr. dre :-X
hopefully that is the case

jbel1021

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 07:27:17 PM »

Don't get ur hopes up with Fred cuz he hasn't produced for Daz on an album since Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP. It would be nice though. If it was a 15 song album, I'd like to see 8 by Daz, 2 by Soopa, 4 by some Cash Money producer lol, and 1 by Fred. As for guest apperances, I wouldn't like THAT MANY, but maybe just on like 6 total songs at the most.