Author Topic: Amy Winehouse performs "Back To Black" at EMA´s (Video)  (Read 687 times)

OchoCinco

Re: Amy Winehouse performs "Back To Black" at EMA´s (Video)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 03:19:41 PM »
money and success dont buy happiness...real tlak

Cocaine and hard liquor don't bring happiness, but how about success?

well clearly it didnt work for her..mayb she got other problems in her life that got her in all this mess...its not like u kno the chick

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
Anyways, I don't give a damn about her.

Still can't really believe we have a serious discussion about this bitch

kemizt

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 04:40:40 AM »
Who exactly are you 2 guys to tell her to enjoy life? It's a god-given right to hate life and get fucked up... can't hate on anyone for doing it.

I don't think anyone's threatening her at gun point, telling her to start enjoying life for once and for all. I didn't tell her to do that, and I don't think that's what Crafty implied either.

She can be as unhappy as she wants to be, as can you. But does she want to? Why should she? Why would anyone long for unhappiness? Don't tell me she's being like this on purpose.

Where's your reasoning? You're acting as if everybody could just be happy and in a good ass mood all the time... ignorant shit.

I know I am. All it takes is reasoning, relativism and thought. Assuming Amy would want to be happy, she's obviously doing a very bad job at all of this because in essence she does have all the makings.

Heroin brings happiness... fact.

Heroin destroys all sense of reality. Are you a kantist or something? Just because heroin makes you believe you are happy, doesn't mean it actually brings happiness. You  can only fool reality for as long as you're on top of that silk pink cloud.

I think this discussion is about the connection between success, fame and happiness, more than about anything else. Judging from how it turned out, this might as well be a Train Of Thought-discussion.

Anyway, my point still stands: Amy wouldn't have been so unhappy if it weren't for her shaking off the restraints of society. Being a self-centered individual (or a savage on crack, if you wish) is no good to anyone, as it takes away all sense of relativism.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 09:27:04 PM »
who ever thinks that Hard drugs is good and make u happy is an Idiot, that type of shit takes u away, it makes u live in your own bubble and takes u away from reality, of course at the end the person will feel happy because she's in her own world but at the end is she acting right, and is she happy no!! plus she will always need to be off something to be happy, when usually happiness comes NATURALLY!!

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 09:51:51 PM »
damn, that sucks for her.

so much talent imo, wasted. 

Hopefully she can recover, it's sad to see artists with so much talent drown themselves in drugs.

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 12:42:16 PM »
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc."

I say fuck Viacom.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 12:54:03 PM »
Who exactly are you 2 guys to tell her to enjoy life? It's a god-given right to hate life and get fucked up... can't hate on anyone for doing it.

I don't think anyone's threatening her at gun point, telling her to start enjoying life for once and for all. I didn't tell her to do that, and I don't think that's what Crafty implied either.

She can be as unhappy as she wants to be, as can you. But does she want to? Why should she? Why would anyone long for unhappiness? Don't tell me she's being like this on purpose.

Where's your reasoning? You're acting as if everybody could just be happy and in a good ass mood all the time... ignorant shit.

I know I am. All it takes is reasoning, relativism and thought. Assuming Amy would want to be happy, she's obviously doing a very bad job at all of this because in essence she does have all the makings.

Heroin brings happiness... fact.

Heroin destroys all sense of reality. Are you a kantist or something? Just because heroin makes you believe you are happy, doesn't mean it actually brings happiness. You  can only fool reality for as long as you're on top of that silk pink cloud.

I think this discussion is about the connection between success, fame and happiness, more than about anything else. Judging from how it turned out, this might as well be a Train Of Thought-discussion.

Anyway, my point still stands: Amy wouldn't have been so unhappy if it weren't for her shaking off the restraints of society. Being a self-centered individual (or a savage on crack, if you wish) is no good to anyone, as it takes away all sense of relativism.

Happiness is a FEELING. Whatever makes you FEEL happy, brings you happiness. Whether it takes you away from reality or not. I mean, what's reality anyways? Other people's perceptions of yours? I can absolutely understand why someone caught up in the industry would want to escape from society. Nothing but fake phony money- and spotlight-hungry "friends", relatives that didn't give a crap about you in the past starting to call you on any given occasion, etc. I can understand if somebody is willing to take a break from that shit. You're saying all it takes is relativism, reasoning and thought to be happy and in a good mood? Oh dear. You must be good at lying to yourself.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Paul

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 01:51:45 PM »
should be the poster girl for not doing heroin, that was fuckin embarrasing, she forgets the words and shit aswell

i have always wanted her to die, although the song back to black is pretty damn good
funkyfreshintheflesh

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:46 AM »
thats what heroin does to you.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
Honestly? I've felt Amy Whinehouse has got talent behind her singing and the songs she performs over, they all contain catchy samples from back in the day where you'll think to yourself 'Wow i remember this little bit from that song' and so on. If i took the time and actually D/L (Not buy, D/L  ;D) her album i would defently take a listen, yes she's lead a fucked up life, not to mention the media is always all over her 24/7 with whatever she does, but you'll gotta admit.

....What she does, she does best. Her singing, some love it, some hate it, the ones that love it recongise the talent behind it, the ones that hate it just hate it i guess. I'm tempted to go digging for an album now lmao  8) If i could speak to her myself and do something to radically change her world for the better, it would be to quit the drugs and alcohol, she's got major potential as a role model if she dropped all that.

Infact that'd lead to a decent part towards a life story via a song/album or book.

They try to make me go to rehab, but i say no, no NO!  :laugh:
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »
^^ Her latest album (Back To Black) is really nice. Well worth downloading, but don't bother ordering it to "support the artist" because she'll only end up buying drugs from your money :-\.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 01:23:45 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with using drugs or being suicidal. At least it's not all phony glamour like most successful female singers.

She's openly displaying how she hates her life. She probably initially had very little reason to do so: she's a very talented singer and she has made it to the top doing that. Yet her personality is so incredibly weak, she forgets to enjoy her victory and instead she became this manically depressed drug addict. The power of her success and her achievements mean nothing to her anymore; she's now a savage, escaped from all cultural guidance society offers her, yet she does let the very same norms (such as the unwritten rules of loneliness) put her down. That's as stupid and depraved as it gets. That's what's wrong with doing drugs. That's how dangerous it is to try to escape from society.

I don't agree with you; You almost make it look like that anyone who has a succesfull career should be happy and that's it's an easy choise to be happy. There is a step between succes and happiness though, and that's step is the personal interpretation. You can't tell how she's interpreting everything that's happening to her. And do you even know a thing about her personal life? Or should a succesfull career makes your whole life good? 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:28:43 AM by Robert de Negro »