Author Topic: Finished all of Sopranos, my take on whole series (extremely long post)  (Read 389 times)

WC Iz Active

Wow.  Thats all I have to say.  Just Wow.   I just finished season 6 and now have completed the whole legendary series.  The only possible weakness in the show imo was some of the episodes in the first part of Season 6 however I felt like  part 2 of Season 6 was brilliant and had some of the best ep's ever.  This is the one show that I can honestly say it isn't even a opinion but a fact that this is the greatest show ever and there will never, ever be a close second.  This show is so brilliant in so many ways that no other show can even come close. 

2 of my favorite ep's ever are "The College"  episode in season 1 and then the episode with Chris, Paulie and the Russian in the woods.  I also thought the 3 ep's leading up to the series finale were also classic.

One of my favorite scenes ever is the ending of the 6th episode ever back from season 1.  Its when they are having the dinner to announce that Corrado "Junior" Soprano is the head of the family and you see one of the waiter's in the room is undercover FBI and has a camera in his shirt and is taping the whole dinner,  then the ep ends with the "Paparazzi"  beat and you see all of the family's pictures in the FBI headquarters as the FBI knows who everyone is and what their ranking is.

Below I'm going to give my take on some of the character's from the show.

Tony Soprano  -  Absolutely amazing character,  one minute you love him and think he is a good man and the other second you think he is pure evil.  This character had so many levels and it could not have been played by a better actor.  I loved the scene where Tony destroyed the Coco guy from NY for messin with his daughter,  you always had to respect Tony's love for his family, especially his kids.

Chris - My 2nd favorite character in the show, He was such a amazing character.  his death was very hard for me to accept, I always loved how fearless Chris was.

Paulie -  Another one of my favorites.  Definitely the funniest guy on the show and also knew how to take care of business when he needed to.  I loved the whole storyline with his mom and aunt and overall I thought Paulie's character was as good as anyone else's on the show.

Sylvio  -  I just loved this guy.  He could be so funny and goofy at times but he was obviously a guy that you would not want to fuck with.  great character! 

Uncle Junior -  My favorite character in the show.  fuckin brilliant.  Junior in season 1 was absolutely amazing, he was great the whole series but I thought he was best in the first season.  It was very sad to him get sick and so demented,  he was such a strong and powerful person in the show, and it was soooo sad to see what happened to him mentally towards the end of the show.  I thought the 2nd to last scene ever with Tony finally visiting Junior was fuckin amazing.

I also thought  Carmella, Meadow and AJ were perfect characters. and Livia to!  She was fuckin amazing in season 1.

I also thought the NY family was great.  I was a huge fan of Johny Sack's character and I also though Phil L. was brilliant also.  Overall I loved all of the storylines involving the NY family.  I also liked how this family was much more powerful then Tony's, as it was realistic as the NY family with Phil and John was portrayed as one of the five families in New York.

As for the finale,  I think it was genius!!  And it is so stupid that some people are convinced that he dies when none of us know for sure, that was the whole point of the ending.  Overall this show was beyond brilliant.  To try and compare another show to this one is comical,  Sopranos will go down in history as the best show ever and it will never be debatable.   Amazing fucking show.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:20:39 AM by SpIcE = SwAg »

WC Iz Active

Re: Finished all of Sopranos, my take on whole seriers (extremely long post)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:16:40 AM »
forgot to mention Bobby and Janice.  I also thought they were both perfect characters.  I really liked Bobby so much,  his death was the toughest for me more then anyone else's, mostly because he was such a nice guy

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Re: Finished all of Sopranos, my take on whole series (extremely long post)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:50:43 PM »
Pretty much on point,   except i hated janice... but i dont think we were meant to like her anyway.  I was pretty content with the way things ended but i would have been happier if bobby had survived and paulie had the chance to go out in a blaze of glory fuckn scarface style.
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:09 PM »
the last two seasons blew donkey balls.... a lot of episodes were geared towards women. I really could have done without all of those Carmela scenes in France. One day I went to a Sopranos message board and most of the posters were chicks... I had to shake my head. Who wants to talk Mob shit with chicks? Unless it's about the Bada Bing strippers....

I was disappointed to see Phil be the one to war with Tony. They were building towards Sacks and that would have been the perfect war. Unfortunately they decided to take him out by putting him in Prison and then dying of cancer.

They also dropped the ball with Uncle Junior... him shooting Tony was also a good build up... but then they stick him in a hospital and take out the best character that the show had...

I've already stated my opinion about the ending... I won't go in to that again.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 02:39:43 PM »
the last two seasons blew donkey balls.... a lot of episodes were geared towards women. I really could have done without all of those Carmela scenes in France. One day I went to a Sopranos message board and most of the posters were chicks... I had to shake my head. Who wants to talk Mob shit with chicks? Unless it's about the Bada Bing strippers....

I was disappointed to see Phil be the one to war with Tony. They were building towards Sacks and that would have been the perfect war. Unfortunately they decided to take him out by putting him in Prison and then dying of cancer.

They also dropped the ball with Uncle Junior... him shooting Tony was also a good build up... but then they stick him in a hospital and take out the best character that the show had...

I've already stated my opinion about the ending... I won't go in to that again.

I think at first it was probably suppose to be Sack vs Soprano but then they wanted to do one more season so they had to tweak it  abit. I never bought Leotardo as a boss tho, maybe because in previous Gansgter ovie hes always beeen a underboss but in the sopranos too always was a underboss for me.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 04:11:40 PM »
Sacks vs Soprano would have been the Super Bowl.... Leotardo vs. Soprano was the High School City Championship...

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 05:51:27 PM »
i loved it how in season 1 how Junior became boss and Tony pointed out that his uncle is actin like a busta. ahahha

the russian commando in the woods. = classic episode

i loved AJs girlfriend who was older than him and had a kid = very hot

Paulie was probably my fav character in the series.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »
Paulie should have turned on Tony.... that would have made it more interesting...

WC Iz Active

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 06:01:17 PM »
I think Phil vs Tony made more sense then Sacks vs Tony.   I agree that John was defintely better suited to be boss then Phill but there was always tension between Phil and Tony while I always thought their was a friendship and mutual respect with Tony and John

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »
You could always see that Sacks would have turned on Tony with a heartbeat if it came down to business... like the time he told him "I will rain a shit storm on you and your family"....

That was the better fight....