Author Topic: Suge Knight is back, check out this interview!!! with one of his artist Flame  (Read 1032 times)

Pancho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Flame; Suge Knight's new rapper 

By King David, 11-09-2007 , 10:20 PM
We sat down with Compton native Flame to discuss his career and what it's like being managed by the infamous Suge Knight.

StreetHop.com: So I'm here with Flame one of Suge's newest artist. What's going on with you man?

Flame: I'm good homie, what's up with you?

StreetHop.com: Nothing much man. Mind telling the readers a little bit about yourself?

Flame: Well, I'm twenty five years old. I'm from Compton, California, but h'm staying in Las Vegas doing this music. You will hear coming out next year. The flow will speak for itself!

StreetHop.com: How was growing up in Compton?

Flame: Well I grew up in Compton, right off Atlantic and Rosecrans. So I'm used to dealing with job discrimination, homicide, violence, drugs you know the biz; shit's pretty bad out here right now, with the CPT Varrios, Crips, Bloods, 18th Street, MS-13 etc. etc.

StreetHop.com: Ah. So did daily life in Compton contribute to your raps, also what inspired you to rap?

Flame: Well Eazy E inspired me to rap, straight up. I came up from the streets man. I grew up with NWA and Eazy E. I was hustling. I'm always writing.

StreetHop.com: What do you think of the state of rap today compared to classic rap such as NWA and all the older various artist?

Flame: The state of rap today is pretty much party and bullshit. If your not partying,and crossing over, you're not moving units .It’s not growing. Hip-hop has gone in a circle. 20 years ago we had party records by Run DMC, LL, Ice T, but now party records glorify money and womanizing,instead of the essence of Hip-Hop. The media means more than the art form.It's big business now. That's why you have rappers charting next to the Britney's and Pink's. Gangsta is just a marketing scheme now-a-days.

StreetHop.com: Is it me or does it seem like the CEO's have made rap now a days a version of pop? It seems like there is a lot of one hit wonders like you would see with pop, plus everyone is getting fucked on the deals as well. Do you agree?

Flame: I agree, the art form is gone.

StreetHop.com: Do you think there is any current artist trying to keep the game alive?

Flame: There's a lot of good music out, but there is also a lot of trash. On the west coast right now I like what Glasses is doing, Eastwood too, but the west needs to come together. I am not part of the NEW WEST. I repeat that, I am not a part of the "new west". There could be a lot more artists coming up, but a lot of artists out here are riding high horses.

StreetHop.com: It seems a lot of artist have too many conflicts and/or past beefs to get real business done. It seems the last west coast conference didn't work out so good. What do you think the west could do to get some actual unity to go on so the west could rise again?

Flame: Right now the west is divided. There is nobody pushing this unity. At one point you had the new niggas against the old niggas which is another reason why I am not a part of the new west. I am being real with you. We need to network, new or old, and blow this up together. We can't afford to have Glasses, E-White, Taje etc. going against Cube, WC, and Snoop, but that was where we were at last year. Niggas were ready to bring it.

StreetHop.com: Do you feel that the new artist need help from old artist or do you think artist should make it on their own as a right of passage like the originals did?

Flame: Well I would like to think when I am forty years old; I can go back and get help from my kids and the young generation. As long as you do you, and make things happen then its all good. Just don't bite the hand that feeds you.

StreetHop.com: That's a good way to put it man. I see where you are coming from. Not to drift off topic, but when did you start writing also, how'd you get put on to Suge and his people?

Flame: There was so much crazy shit was going on back then, but I met Suge in 2003, through my nigga Dale from Tree Top, 400 Block, Maple Street, who grew up with Suge. As you know Suge grew up in the streets of Compton. By like 2005, I was going to studio with Petey Pablo, 6Pac, Young Dro, Squeak Ru from Westside Inglewood and a lot of other young niggas out here.

StreetHop.com: So, you are managed by Suge correct? Also, just to make this clear to the readers Death Row is finished for now right?

Flame: Well Suge manages my group TNP, which stands for Time and Peace, and that's Flame, Big Kuntry, Young Chuck Taylor, and Julez. Suge looks after several groups coming up, The Brick Boyz from Watts, Chuck T from the group Kaos, who Suge used to manage back in the 90's. Also Suge has a new label coming out. Death Row is no longer.

StreetHop.com: Just to bring up a random subject and to clarify somethings I heard about the Brick Boyz a couple months ago, they are Bounty Hunters right?

Flame: Yes, earlier this year Suge looked after Killa Twan, Primo & Brick Boyz from Watts, Nickerson Gardens aka The Black and White Bricks, they are now with Interscope I believe. They nearly signed with Suge!

StreetHop.com: I heard. They are Shawalot/Interscope from what I heard from my connection.

Flame: Shout outs to the whole Brick Boyz crew.

StreetHop.com: So, Suge has got a new label will you be signing to that if it all works out?

Flame: As a solo artist, no I am a free agent, but my group is signed to Suge's new label coming out next year.

StreetHop.com: Very nice. You got any offers on the table?

Flame: I'm relatively new. So I am just waiting on this deal to evolve, and then I will shop my album after my group project.

StreetHop.com: Do you think there will be any industry black balling due to you being cool with Suge, and people still tripping over the 90's?

Flame: There will always be haters, but let the music speak for itself.

StreetHop.com: For sure. In the end, it should always be about the music. Not to be off topic yet again, but I heard you was cool with Big Los aka Carlos. A couple people wanted to know if LOS was still cool with Suge or if they were beefing due to their has been various rumors circling around?

Flame: Big LOS is the homie, but he's not involved with Suge at the moment. LOS has actually just got a distribution deal for his label L.O.S. Entertainment. That's Warlord and them.

StreetHop.com: I'm actually pretty cool with Warlord. He's dropping his album soon. The Legacy Of War is what I think it's called, are you going to be on it?

Flame: I'm not on there, but I wish them luck. LOS is an OG.

StreetHop.com Didn't he start off with Easy Mo Bee?

Flame: I don't know, but I know he has worked with 2PAC the don, and he has a big history.

StreetHop.com: True that. So, what projects are you involved in currently besides your groups album?

Flame: I'm doing music with Blaqthoven and Bad Azz who has just finished Bad Azz and Tha Lowlifes: Leaders Of Tha New School. His new album dropping early 2008 on EMI or Koch.

StreetHop.com: Nice, so what has it been like working with those two?

Flame: I vibe with Blaqthoven, he's a legendary producer who is producing the TNP album with Devante from Jodeci and upcoming producer K-Bizz.

StreetHop.com: Wow, you are working with some big name people. So, tell me a little bit about TNP.

Flame: A group of lyricists all from the west coast. We each have different styles and are bringing something very different to the game.

StreetHop.com: When did the group come together?

Flame: Two years ago.

StreetHop.com: What made you guys decide to come together?

Flame: Kuntry and Chuck have been working together since 1997, but we all vibe off each other.

StreetHop.com: Ah, I see. How'd you meet all of them?

Flame: We each from different hoods. It's just love!

StreetHop.com: Ah, so I guess it's about time we rap this up, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Flame: Hopefully owning my own label with a couple of platinum plaques.

StreetHop.com: Anyone you want to give a shout out to?

Flame: Suge Knight, Six-Two, LA Prada, Dale, Damon Dash,Devante Swing, Jodeci, Blaqthoven, Bad Azz, and all the niggas hitting me on myspace. Support your boy! We are coming!

StreetHop.com: Thanks for taking the time to do this interview.

Flame: No doubt, 100.

its on Streethop.com

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
lol at suge knight's new artists
make sure to bombard his myspace with messages pancisco  8)

KC-HOODSTA

eh this dude is pretty cool he seems like an intelligent guy not a dumb ignant azz nigga

Pancho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
man i hope he fucking blows the biznezz back up, cause the truth be told, i dont see G.Malone, bishoplamont or any of these new west artist doing anything to help out the coast, and thats the truth, lil eazy might have a chance and only because the name of eazy-e and with huge as promotion, the west was on top when suge was on top and since then it has fucking sucked, the game did his part but the west dropped the ball, as usual,

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
he ain't gonna do shit just like you'll never stop riding suge's dick pancisco  8)

Pancho

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
homie call it what u want, its the truth,the west needs suge, i dont give a fuck what hes done,

Lazar

make sure to bombard his myspace with messages pancisco   8)

LMAO  :D

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
the only flame i care about is penny flame
damn now that's a bad ass bitch 
too bad you're into fat old men pancisco...you don't know what you're missing  8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good lookin :)

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
Thatz What It Izz... Suge Iz Tha Bigg Homie Of Tha West...
Bigg Uppz To Suge And Flame!!

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
whats this fools myspace??

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch 8)

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
Well Wish Him the Best Of Luck!!

Love o hear the track he did with BAd Azz
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Tha Psycho Hustla

^^ he´s too ghetto to have a myspace!
suges artists outta compton can´t you see it?:D

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
^^ he´s too ghetto to have a myspace!
suges artists outta compton can´t you see it?:D

lol..lol Yeah!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

K-9

SUGE JUST CATCHED A MOUSE IN THE CHEESE TRAP..... FLAME
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:14:34 AM by Camborgini »