Author Topic: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come  (Read 774 times)

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come
« on: November 16, 2007, 02:36:42 AM »
I was just listening to this album, that I bought back in the day when it was finally released. As the older of you might remember, this was supposed to be the first big album for Aftermath, but at some point, Dre started working with Eminem, so the album stayed on the shelf, untill Tee released it independentely.

Anyway, I was listening to it, and I realised that it's an awesome album. I mean look what the album offers-
1. A Compton legend in King Tee, one of the OGs from the West
2. Producers: Dr. Dre, Budda, Ant Banks, DJ Quik, Battlecat, Fredwreck, Mike Dean
3. Guests: Dr. Dre, Too $hort, El Debarge, Playa Hamm, MC Ren, Dawn Robinson, Shaq, Koog G Rap, Tray Dee

It's a great great album, and I really recommend it to those who haven't heard it. King Tee is real tight on the mic, and this album could've been big.

topshotta

Re: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:51:20 AM »
You damn right, this album is hot as hell! Solid. Too bad it never got released by Aftermath.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:37:26 AM »
it's indeed a lot better than some aftermath releases; i wish some tracks were mixed better though.

and this album could've been big.
what makes you think that? it sure has a nice producer and feature lineup, but i don't see why this album would do big numbers. this album was supposed to be released in 1998 right? at that time, westcoast music already lost a lot popularity when it comes to mainstream.

Lucifuge

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 04:48:20 AM »
CAN SOMEONE UPLOAD ALBUM???
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

klubbstyle

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:17:12 AM »
i got the Australian release of this cd when it finally came out in 2002 (the 1998 version).

I rate this album as 1 of my ALL TIME TOP 5 Albums hey.. Why was the thrack called "Got It Locked" not on this when it finally got released?. That was the video and single that was out?.

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 10:26:40 AM »
King T is like the our version of biggie from the westside....his flows are smooth and tight as hell with a gangsta twist. He deserved a lot more than what he ended up with. Dre should have kept him and boasted his talent instead of Eminems...I know the white rapper backed by a compton legend is a good marketing strategy and can generate millions from the white audience but Dre needs to remember that he's from COMPTON. I respect Eminem for his accomplishments but I think that King T is on another level, he's a Legend. Eminem sold millions but I don't think he'll ever earn the title "Legend". Legends were made when rap used to mean something and you actually needed some talent to get behind the mic...now anyone can get behind a mic and ramble on about absolutely nothing and sell a million records. Thats all it's become...how many records you can sell and talent has taken the backseat. King T is talent, he is the westside. that's something none of these stupid clown rappers these days will ever get to call their own. In the words of Immortal Technique...you think you hot cause you sold a million records? Naw, it juts mean a million people a stupid as fuck!!!!

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:01 AM »
^^^ Real talk there, homie. Nice to see I am not the only one who considers King Tee a legend, Most of those kids on this board think The West is only about Snoop, Dre and the Dogg Pound.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »
i don't understand why some people keep saying "Dre". Dre produced half of the album so he wanted the album to be released. besides, he also had King T featured on 2001. apparently interscope thought that "Thy kingdom come" wouldn't sell well, or they didn't accept the singles; but the point is, interscope makes the final decision whether the album is going to be released or not, not dre. sure, you could blame dre for not negotiating well enough( how else could you explain all the cancelled projects; while 50 cent was able to let several G-Unit members' albums be released through interscope).

or you could blame him for making that deal with interscope, to only have full control over his own soloalbum, but there are other topics about that.

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
^^ You make a good point, but I think that Dre just lost intrest in the product, maybe wasn't satisfied with the result and started taking new directions... so the project was just left...
Anyway, I am glad the album finally came out and to me it's a classic.

jbel1021

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
King T is like the our version of biggie from the westside....his flows are smooth and tight as hell with a gangsta twist. He deserved a lot more than what he ended up with. Dre should have kept him and boasted his talent instead of Eminems...I know the white rapper backed by a compton legend is a good marketing strategy and can generate millions from the white audience but Dre needs to remember that he's from COMPTON. I respect Eminem for his accomplishments but I think that King T is on another level, he's a Legend. Eminem sold millions but I don't think he'll ever earn the title "Legend". Legends were made when rap used to mean something and you actually needed some talent to get behind the mic...now anyone can get behind a mic and ramble on about absolutely nothing and sell a million records. Thats all it's become...how many records you can sell and talent has taken the backseat. King T is talent, he is the westside. that's something none of these stupid clown rappers these days will ever get to call their own. In the words of Immortal Technique...you think you hot cause you sold a million records? Naw, it juts mean a million people a stupid as fuck!!!!

lol true

Matty

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 12:23:10 PM »
can anyone hook up a cdq mp3 of that 'got it locked' track pls...

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »
I posted a link from albumhunt in the hookup spot for anyone interested.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »
King T is dope and this album is the shit.The songThe Game produced by Battlecat is one of my favorite songs of all time.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »
King T is the shit and highly underrated

I was happpy once this cd got released, didnt think it ever would
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

Lethalweapon

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »
Does anyone have the link to download that album. Ive been trying to get it 4  3 years