Author Topic: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come  (Read 777 times)

klubbstyle

Re: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Come
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
Why was the thrack called "Got It Locked" not on this when it finally got released?. That was the video and single that was out?.

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 01:40:11 AM »
CD is dope as hell. Almost classic IMHO. King T and all of the alkaholiks are dope as hell.

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 04:00:17 AM »
SQUEEZ YA BALLS!!!!  8)

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 09:56:58 AM »
True that these record labels make the final decision about what gets released....HOWEVER.....who do the record companies trust to put material out??? THE ARTISTS. Dre has been with Interscope for how long? How much money has he made for them? through Deathrow AND Aftermath????? My point is this...If Dre says this is what we should do, this who I want to push, this is who I want...I gets done. Bottom Line. Dre is a cash cow for Interscope, who's not going to listen to him???? He is the reason Interscoope is still in business!!!! It's Dre who needs to get it together, the rest of the people will fall in line. King T could have been just as famous as 50 Cent IF he was marketed and pushed like 50 was. Honestly, King T can rap better than any of these fuckin clowns out right now. Rap has been reduced to almost nothing, there isnt even a door anymore, people just walk right in. And truthfully, EVERYONE wants to be from L.A. in some form or fashion. They all wanna be us, they wanna emulate or "borrow" something of ours and make it their own, weather it's the cars, the lifestyle, the kind of beats, the fashion, the look..something. It all just becomes a spin-off...no originality, no talent, no individuality. It's all about record sales, how many chains you can put on your neck, how many carats you have in your ring, how much money is in your checking account....pure ego and macho bullshit...no one is living the life they "talk" about in a plush studio...they go home to their mansions after that!!! Not to the hood!! But people but these bogus stories all day! Jay-Z is still rapping about selling drugs....he hasn't sold drugs (if he ever did) for more than half his life!!! He owns record companies and basketball teams!!! Common homie!!! If it wasn't for 2pac mentioning you in diss records and eventually passing, you would be a nobody!! All im saying is there needs to be more acknowledgement for the real...and none for the phony....King T is a fuckin LEGEND and has more to offer than most. Give him a chance to shine and he won't disappoint...

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »
True that these record labels make the final decision about what gets released....HOWEVER.....who do the record companies trust to put material out??? THE ARTISTS. Dre has been with Interscope for how long? How much money has he made for them? through Deathrow AND Aftermath????? My point is this...If Dre says this is what we should do, this who I want to push, this is who I want...I gets done. Bottom Line. Dre is a cash cow for Interscope, who's not going to listen to him???? He is the reason Interscoope is still in business!!!! It's Dre who needs to get it together, the rest of the people will fall in line. King T could have been just as famous as 50 Cent IF he was marketed and pushed like 50 was. Honestly, King T can rap better than any of these fuckin clowns out right now. Rap has been reduced to almost nothing, there isnt even a door anymore, people just walk right in. And truthfully, EVERYONE wants to be from L.A. in some form or fashion. They all wanna be us, they wanna emulate or "borrow" something of ours and make it their own, weather it's the cars, the lifestyle, the kind of beats, the fashion, the look..something. It all just becomes a spin-off...no originality, no talent, no individuality. It's all about record sales, how many chains you can put on your neck, how many carats you have in your ring, how much money is in your checking account....pure ego and macho bullshit...no one is living the life they "talk" about in a plush studio...they go home to their mansions after that!!! Not to the hood!! But people but these bogus stories all day! Jay-Z is still rapping about selling drugs....he hasn't sold drugs (if he ever did) for more than half his life!!! He owns record companies and basketball teams!!! Common homie!!! If it wasn't for 2pac mentioning you in diss records and eventually passing, you would be a nobody!! All im saying is there needs to be more acknowledgement for the real...and none for the phony....King T is a fuckin LEGEND and has more to offer than most. Give him a chance to shine and he won't disappoint...

I don't know if King T would have been as popular as 50, that is pushing it, but he definitely would have had a wider audience that would have heard his music if Dre wanted it to happen. King T had a couple albums out before he signed with Dre and never had big numbers. I think gold would have been within reason for him to do, possibly platinum with a big single.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
True that these record labels make the final decision about what gets released....HOWEVER.....who do the record companies trust to put material out??? THE ARTISTS. Dre has been with Interscope for how long? How much money has he made for them? through Deathrow AND Aftermath????? My point is this...If Dre says this is what we should do, this who I want to push, this is who I want...I gets done. Bottom Line. Dre is a cash cow for Interscope, who's not going to listen to him???? He is the reason Interscoope is still in business!!!! It's Dre who needs to get it together, the rest of the people will fall in line. King T could have been just as famous as 50 Cent IF he was marketed and pushed like 50 was.
no, check my previous post. Dre only has full control over his own album.
even with eminem ( interscope was impressed by his EP), interscope didn't just accept any single from Dre & Eminem ( for eminem's soloalbum). if interscope doesn't like the material(from a sales perspective), they'll reject it.
i'm not saying that King T and Dr.Dre were exactly on the same page; but even if they weren't, i'm sure they could work it out. interscope is a pain in the ass however.

by the way, Dre can't change anything about interscope, he can only try to get an other deal for aftermath.

I don't know if King T would have been as popular as 50, that is pushing it, but he definitely would have had a wider audience that would have heard his music if Dre wanted it to happen.
what can dre do if interscope doesn't accept the album? he made it possible for King T release the album independently, i'm sure Dre wouldn't do that, if he wasn't satistified with the material. Dre's options are limited when interscope doesn't support a project.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:52:15 AM by Dre-Day »

F-cisco

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
Blame The Source magazine for King T's record never dropping. They reviewed it and gave it 3 1/2 mics. After Dre released his subpar compilation he couldn't afford another flop, so he abandoned the project. A damm shame it could have been the best album of 1998.

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 10:43:43 PM »
As far as the popularity issue goes....all these artists are "introduced" to us by other people....images are invented along with the "song and dance". In Da Club was 50's big break...that beat was supposed to be for someone else, not 50. He ended up with it....coulda been anyone. Anyone can create a superstar in the right position. All it takes is a good idea. 50 made it because of Dre. Period. In da Club was what set 50 off..just like "Bitch Please" was Xzibit's big break...after that hit, Dre saw $$$$ and went on to make the platinum selling Restless LP & then made Man VS Machine. Where would Em be without Dre??? Back over at 8 Mile, thats where. There are legends and then there are the people that make superstars......Dre is a legend, he was born music...Em & 50 are his creations that evolved. Those two coulda been anyone!! Imagine if 50 left Aftermath and Game stayed and was still under Dre production and marketing....Imagine if Hittman and Dre stayed together...he was getting ready to blow after Em but his story was scrapped and 50 cent was reborn...Companies have authority BUT they are not going to loose someone like Dr Dre over an artist...if Dre really wants something and threatens to walk, he can! And he'll make someone else rich, Interscope needs Dre and they give him the creative freedom of doing what he wants because his credentials speak for themselves....he needs to start getting creative with the west and put some more time & energy into his own backyard....sign King T back on the Math!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2007, 01:50:51 AM »
As far as the popularity issue goes....all these artists are "introduced" to us by other people....images are invented along with the "song and dance". In Da Club was 50's big break...that beat was supposed to be for someone else, not 50. He ended up with it....coulda been anyone. Anyone can create a superstar in the right position. All it takes is a good idea. 50 made it because of Dre. Period. In da Club was what set 50 off..just like "Bitch Please" was Xzibit's big break...after that hit, Dre saw $$$$ and went on to make the platinum selling Restless LP & then made Man VS Machine. Where would Em be without Dre??? Back over at 8 Mile, thats where. There are legends and then there are the people that make superstars......Dre is a legend, he was born music...Em & 50 are his creations that evolved. Those two coulda been anyone!! Imagine if 50 left Aftermath and Game stayed and was still under Dre production and marketing....Imagine if Hittman and Dre stayed together...he was getting ready to blow after Em but his story was scrapped and 50 cent was reborn...Companies have authority BUT they are not going to loose someone like Dr Dre over an artist...if Dre really wants something and threatens to walk, he can! And he'll make someone else rich, Interscope needs Dre and they give him the creative freedom of doing what he wants because his credentials speak for themselves....he needs to start getting creative with the west and put some more time & energy into his own backyard....sign King T back on the Math!!!

the point is, you can't turn anybody into a superstar. just because you're on aftermath, doesn't mean your album will go diamond. even dre's name isn't a guarantee for doing big numers(it takes a lot more than that); just look at the sales of the aftermath compilation(it did go platinum, but i hope you get the point).
Eminem and 50 cents albums sold very well, but that's because of multiple factors, not just interscope's promotion.
sure, it's too bad for King T that it didn't work out with interscope, it would have been better for his career if he had an album released on aftermath. on the other hand, i don't think King T would have liked the direction that interscope wanted him to take. Hittman said something similar in interviews; if the label wants you to take a 180 degree turn, it won't work out.
besides, if Dre signs King T again, King T will have less chance of dropping an album, in compared to 1998; Dre sold his 30% share in aftermath to interscope a few years ago.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:01:07 AM by Dre-Day »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 01:59:10 AM »
Legends were made when rap used to mean something and you actually needed some talent to get behind the mic...now anyone can get behind a mic and ramble on about absolutely nothing and sell a million records.

word, that's so true right there.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Piffmeister2008

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 04:55:56 AM »
King T is the shit and highly underrated

true that! WhaT's up with him nowadays?

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 05:01:17 AM »
Why was the thrack called "Got It Locked" not on this when it finally got released?. That was the video and single that was out?.

you answered your own question. interscope owns that song.. the rest was never released.. therefore fair game..

i don't understand why some people keep saying "Dre". Dre produced half of the album so he wanted the album to be released. besides, he also had King T featured on 2001. apparently interscope thought that "Thy kingdom come" wouldn't sell well, or they didn't accept the singles; but the point is, interscope makes the final decision whether the album is going to be released or not, not dre. sure, you could blame dre for not negotiating well enough( how else could you explain all the cancelled projects; while 50 cent was able to let several G-Unit members' albums be released through interscope).

or you could blame him for making that deal with interscope, to only have full control over his own soloalbum, but there are other topics about that.

on point...

fact is... the album was reviewed by "the source".. was given an average review.. so it was pulled at the last minute.. dont forget dre had already been through the aftermath compilation flop AND "the firm" flop... he couldnt afford to have this on his record..

had it not been for eminem i guess its possible they'd have worked out the kinks with "thy kingdom come" to make it a better album.. or possibly dre would have come with another formula (e.g. a group therapy album, or something else?)

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 05:59:52 AM »
That song 'Money' featuring Dre is a dope song...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 07:01:03 AM »
on point...

fact is... the album was reviewed by "the source".. was given an average review.. so it was pulled at the last minute.. dont forget dre had already been through the aftermath compilation flop AND "the firm" flop... he couldnt afford to have this on his record..

had it not been for eminem i guess its possible they'd have worked out the kinks with "thy kingdom come" to make it a better album.. or possibly dre would have come with another formula (e.g. a group therapy album, or something else?)

but interscope had a significant role in this, cause i doubt interscope was pleased with the disappointing sales of the firm and the aftermath compilation. sure, it also affected dre, otherwise he wouldn't have responded to that on the forgot about dre track. after all he wants to be (commercially) successful with his label(although he has a different vision about this than interscope, otherwise he wouldn't sign Busta Rhymes).
and i guess you are right about Eminem; when interscope brought him to dre's attention, Eminem became aftermaths 1st priority, and King T's project suddenly became less important; but it was interscope that offered Eminem the 4 album contract.
i'm not sure if it would make a difference if Eminem was never in the picture; Interscope would still demand different singles. and i seriously doubt they would support the musical direction of the rest of King T's album, when i look at the decline of the popularity of westcoast music in the mainstream.
it would go a little too far to state that Eminem saved aftermath, but the future(when you take the late 90's as present) of aftermath probably would not have looked so bright if Eminem wasn't in the picture.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 10:35:52 AM by Dre-Day »

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:03 AM »

yeah for sure.. replace dre/aftermath anywhere in what i wrote..
and the west coast slump is really still in effect.. as a coast things will never be back to that high.. things have changed far too much.

and your right without eminem they would have done "something" for sure... maybe eminem turned up during a hunt for a new thing for dre to polish