Author Topic: what are musts from the west this year?  (Read 860 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: what are musts from the west this year?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 10:02:28 AM »
Best records this year from the west IMO

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit
WC - Guilty By Affiliation
Snoop Dogg Presents The Big Squeeze
Kurupt & J. Wells - Digital Smoke
Terrace Martin - Signal Flow

Not a really good year for the west  :-\
I thought it was better than last year as far as the songs & albums comin' out but I know next year will be even better. 8)

We Fly High

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 11:03:47 AM »
yup forgot to mention digital smoke and signal flow..

terrace going to bring a new sound to the west too... some of the shit hes working on, is going to blow y'all minds.. hes bringing some actual musicianship to the west coast...

digital smoke was just a dope record for the west. really good production. j wells one of the leaders of the pack for the new producers... and he does it so well, a very cohesive sound throughout the whole album..

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »

terrace going to bring a new sound to the west too... some of the shit hes working on, is going to blow y'all minds.. hes bringing some actual musicianship to the west coast...

digital smoke was just a dope record for the west. really good production. j wells one of the leaders of the pack for the new producers... and he does it so well, a very cohesive sound throughout the whole album..
I have to admit, it took me a while to get into Digital Smoke. I guess it's because I'm more into Battlecat/Amplified/Terrace/Meech type productions while J.Wells has his own style but it's still on that West Coast tip. That track "Smokin" is my favorite off that album, James DeBarge killed the chorus & the Y.A. crew was tight on there too.

I was also going to mention Convinced's I Did It For the People album but I wasn't sure if people were going to know what it was but I got it off here from DUBCNN. The songs he did on that album are off the chain & his freestyle on ZombieRadio.net was one of the best there on the show next to Mykestro's & Topic's.

Lazar

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

I thought it was better than last year as far as the songs & albums comin' out but I know next year will be even better. 8)

Yeah, but last year you got "Doctor´s Advocate" (IMO the best west album since years) and "The Blue Carpet Treatment" (got some nice tracks on it). Let us pray that 08 will be a good year for the west...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:12:38 AM by Lazar »

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »

I have to admit, it took me a while to get into Digital Smoke. I guess it's because I'm more into Battlecat/Amplified/Terrace/Meech type productions while J.Wells has his own style but it's still on that West Coast tip. That track "Smokin" is my favorite off that album, James DeBarge killed the chorus & the Y.A. crew was tight on there too.

I was also going to mention Convinced's I Did It For the People album but I wasn't sure if people were going to know what it was but I got it off here from DUBCNN. The songs he did on that album are off the chain & his freestyle on ZombieRadio.net was one of the best there on the show next to Mykestro's & Topic's.

Damn I forgot about the homie Convinced. His album was nice. Yeah I took me a while to get into Digital Smoke but it is a dope album.

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
And a MUST to have also, one of the best this year.....

Shame- California

Mad political, nice storytelling, cool beats, the whole 9.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »

Dogg Pound - Dogg Chit

Yeah, but last year you got "Doctor´s Advocate" (IMO the best west album since years) and "The Blue Carpet Treatment" (got some nice tracks on it). Let us pray that 08 will be a good year for the west...
^Yup, 08 will be even better. You got Dre with Detox, Warren G, Ice Cube, The Game, Butch Cassidy, Juice, Roccett, Topic, Glasses, Bishop, Jay Rock, K.Dot, Dogg Pound, Murs, Terrace Martin, Warzone, Westurn Union, all of those cats droppin' next year. The West can't lose unless either they get pushed back or no ads whatsoever. I would also say Crooked I but I don't know when that will actually drop.

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »
Shame- What's Gangsta (Video)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »

+1 for reminding me about Shame. It's a shame (no pun intended) that cats sleep on West Coast hip hop that ain't on a gangsta type tip all the time.

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

+1 for reminding me about Shame. It's a shame (no pun intended) that cats sleep on West Coast hip hop that ain't on a gangsta type tip all the time.

Yeah he is a real down to earth brotha. His album went over alot of peoples heads but definitely one of the best out here this year.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »

Yeah he is a real down to earth brotha. His album went over alot of peoples heads but definitely one of the best out here this year.
That's true, it's people like Shame, Pacific Division, Custom Made, & Murs that tend to get slept on the most but they have had some of the tightest songs that have come out this year.

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:05 AM »

That's true, it's people like Shame, Pacific Division, Custom Made, & Murs that tend to get slept on the most but they have had some of the tightest songs that have come out this year.

Custom Made is dope also. Someone jacked my Pacific Division so I am going to have to get that one back. Murs had one of the dopest albums last year also.

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »
That is why it is funny to me when people say the west coast fell off and I can name at least 5-10 dope underground albums per year that come out that most have narcalepsy on out here. It's like if it ain't gangsta rap or affiliated with it, it gets no spins. That is why it is cool to have outlets like Dubcnn promoting and supporting groups like PD, Murs, Convinced, Dirty Birdy, Lunch, etc. BTW, has anyone checked out Lunch's new album? I can't find that album anywhere in stores.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
That is why it is funny to me when people say the west coast fell off and I can name at least 5-10 dope underground albums per year that come out that most have narcalepsy on out here. It's like if it ain't gangsta rap or affiliated with it, it gets no spins. That is why it is cool to have outlets like Dubcnn promoting and supporting groups like PD, Murs, Convinced, Dirty Birdy, Lunch, etc. BTW, has anyone checked out Lunch's new album? I can't find that album anywhere in stores.
^LOL exactly. Yeah Lunch is dope. Same with Dirty Birdy, Dr. Stank, Sly Boogy, & 40 Glocc from the I.E., they got rhymes for days. But yeah I have two of Lunch's songs "They Don't Like Me" & "Get Em Girl" but I don't have that album either.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
blu and exile - below the heavens
just  checked out some songs shit is dope