Author Topic: One Year on..Is Doctors Advocate a classic?  (Read 666 times)

messi19

Re: One Year on..Is Doctors Advocate a classic?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »
no and nor was the Documentary. You guys have way too loose criteria when it comes to judging a classic.

Cmon homie, Documentary is DEF a westcoast classic what are you talkin about? ;D

WC Gotti

• Lil Geezy
  • 2 Sigs don't miss....
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »
Not a classic, but a damn good album. Still bumping it to this day, but can't really solidly call this a classic. TD was closer, but still not a classic tho.

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 01:56:34 PM »
classic? hmmmm no near classic? yes! solid album 4,5/5 in my opinion
agreed i hadnt listened to it in awhile but just put it back in last week and realized howw good it was

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »
game dont need dre and 50 to make a classic in my oppinion. he needs to stop name mentioning and step up his lyrics, or atleast find someone to ghostwrite his shit. people are fed up with rimes like aghhrrrrr im angry, fuck 50 cent and g unit, its still afermath, dre is my father, eazy is my stepdad, blood is blood, uncle snoop, big pac, poppa, aftermath afterthat.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 02:19:58 PM »
some of y'all speakin some shit....1st off neither record is crazy....these days niggaz be givin out classics and 4 mics to every release...like everytime gunit drops a wack album...."its got some nice beats...some filler....errr thats a 4/5 album"

this album is bangin and so was documentary, some of the best shit to be dropped in mainstream sense for a long ass time....but neither are classic....

about dre needing dre and 50?.....sayyyy what..........nigga dropped one blood which was a huge hit without either and would have had more hits should he have relased the westside joint with xzibit and snoop.......

the album is heated and is a solid 4/5...possibly slightly more album....just like documentary....and whilst documentary does have bigger hits....game is twice the rapper on this than when he came out on documentary....

game need 50 or dre........noo...........would game be better off with dre....hell yea.......with 50? fuck naa.....

game has surpassed 50 as a rapper for more than a minute now whether u wanna mention all the name dropping or not, nigga comes straight on records and is dropping heat.....whats 50 come out on since grodt.....massacre?lmao....that shit was a joke....curtis? lmao...again that shit was a joke, he tried comin hard this time around but the fuck was the end product....50 aint spit some shit that made me go whoa in a long ass time....true story

game aint nuttin special as a rapper either but atleast his hungry, his come out with two bangin album...both off the hook and they the only shit he got out, so his record is straight clean so far...what more a nigga want?

pz

messi19

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »
some of y'all speakin some shit....1st off neither record is crazy....these days niggaz be givin out classics and 4 mics to every release...like everytime gunit drops a wack album...."its got some nice beats...some filler....errr thats a 4/5 album"

this album is bangin and so was documentary, some of the best shit to be dropped in mainstream sense for a long ass time....but neither are classic....

about dre needing dre and 50?.....sayyyy what..........nigga dropped one blood which was a huge hit without either and would have had more hits should he have relased the westside joint with xzibit and snoop.......

the album is heated and is a solid 4/5...possibly slightly more album....just like documentary....and whilst documentary does have bigger hits....game is twice the rapper on this than when he came out on documentary....

game need 50 or dre........noo...........would game be better off with dre....hell yea.......with 50? fuck naa.....

game has surpassed 50 as a rapper for more than a minute now whether u wanna mention all the name dropping or not, nigga comes straight on records and is dropping heat.....whats 50 come out on since grodt.....massacre?lmao....that shit was a joke....curtis? lmao...again that shit was a joke, he tried comin hard this time around but the fuck was the end product....50 aint spit some shit that made me go whoa in a long ass time....true story

game aint nuttin special as a rapper either but atleast his hungry, his come out with two bangin album...both off the hook and they the only shit he got out, so his record is straight clean so far...what more a nigga want?

pz

Yeah but remember Game been rappin since like 01, 02 or sum like dat and look how much he has improved. Thats what i like alot bout dude, u never know what to except cuz he keeps improvin after each track real talk. But on the other hand, his problem IMO is that he is a bit inconsistent on tracks cuz some times he comes of lazy with the lyrics, the flow etc on tracks.

topshotta

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 02:35:29 PM »
To me, The Documentary was more a classic than Doctor's Advocate! So the answer is no!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 03:15:55 PM »
One Blood wasn't A hit. It was a hood hit or however you wanna call it but it didn't to anything speical on Billboard (it peaked at 71 on top 100). Lte's say it was like Jim Jones "Ballin" (altought that one did peak at nb.1). The best way to recognize a true worldwide hit is to ask your non rap fans friends if they know a song. When "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It" were poppin off they all knew the song, if I ask them about "One Blood", they're like "One what ?"

messi19

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 03:22:12 PM »
One Blood wasn't A hit. It was a hood hit or however you wanna call it but it didn't to anything speical on Billboard (it peaked at 71 on top 100). Lte's say it was like Jim Jones "Ballin" (altought that one did peak at nb.1). The best way to recognize a true worldwide hit is to ask your non rap fans friends if they know a song. When "How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It" were poppin off they all knew the song, if I ask them about "One Blood", they're like "One what ?"

I know what you're sayin homie and i agree, but One Blood was kinda catchy so people do know
that one.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
^if i asked an average girl at my school (east coast chick, probably knows basic mainstream stuff), im pretty sure shed have no clue what one blood was. on the other hand, if i asked what how we do was, she'd probably start singing this-is, how-we, dooo.

just sayin..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »
he hasnt made a classic. just cuz he seys dre in every other sentence doesnt make his shit classic. those albums are good, but far from classic. you would say the documentary is on tupac, nas, and biggie's level? naww maynee :nawty:

messi19

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
he hasnt made a classic. just cuz he seys dre in every other sentence doesnt make his shit classic. those albums are good, but far from classic. you would say the documentary is on tupac, nas, and biggie's level? naww maynee :nawty:

Naw but its a WESTCOAST classic. Just like Get Rich Or Die Tryin is a Eastcoast classic.

messi19

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
^if i asked an average girl at my school (east coast chick, probably knows basic mainstream stuff), im pretty sure shed have no clue what one blood was. on the other hand, if i asked what how we do was, she'd probably start singing this-is, how-we, dooo.

just sayin..

Cmon homie, naaaaw i bet u she would know. Especially since the track is catchy with Junior Reed singin "bloood bloood blooood".

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2007, 04:49:04 PM »
there'd be a couple who'd know whats up, but i think the majority would unfortunately not.

Dubb Montana

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2007, 04:50:32 PM »
He's my favorite rapper but neither of his albums are classics in my eyes cause he had them gay ass love songs on The Documentary if he would've cut out Special, No More Fun N Games & We Ain't feat Eminem then i would say its a classic. I think Doctors Advocate is closer to a classic than The Documentary cause the only song that i skip is that bullshit with Jamie Foxx. But I think needs Dre..... not 50
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:54:27 PM by Dubb Montana »