Author Topic: Too_Short-Get_Off_The_Stage-2007  (Read 1084 times)

marijuano

• Lil Geezy
Re: Too_Short-Get_Off_The_Stage-2007
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 10:17:11 AM »
I think I only liked 2 tracks on that album...them hyphy beats are gettin played....worst track had to of been with FAB...all they did was spit a line and repeat it 4 or 5 times....with a sorry chorus...

I'm not hatin on Short...but damm, old short was way better...

Paul

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 10:44:41 AM »
i liked blow the whistle but he shoulda switched for this album, nice rhimes by short bus as an album this is boring and no replay value

1 of my fav rappers aswell :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 11:40:24 PM »
I was kind of worried, my friend told me that this was one of the best Too Short albums ever, and I thought he was joking. He said it was mostly the hyphy, up-tempo club beats that are cool to knock in your car. I miss them live drums and old Ant Banks beats, so I'm not sure about this. I'm going to get it, but I'm expecting the same recycled lines with a few good beats.
I got a bird's eye view

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 12:22:41 AM »
I was kind of worried, my friend told me that this was one of the best Too Short albums ever, and I thought he was joking. He said it was mostly the hyphy, up-tempo club beats that are cool to knock in your car. I miss them live drums and old Ant Banks beats, so I'm not sure about this. I'm going to get it, but I'm expecting the same recycled lines with a few good beats.

I haven't heard his new album yet but I have to ask.. is your friend a new fan to Too Short?  How old is your friend?  Because I HIGHLY doubt this CD could be even close to being considered one of the best Too Short albums ever.

PLEASE SHORT COME BACK TO OAKLAND AND GET BACK TO THE FUNK!!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 12:26:15 AM »

I haven't heard his new album yet but I have to ask.. is your friend a new fan to Too Short?  How old is your friend?  Because I HIGHLY doubt this CD could be even close to being considered one of the best Too Short albums ever.

PLEASE SHORT COME BACK TO OAKLAND AND GET BACK TO THE FUNK!!!
My friend is 21, and he said this was the first Too Short album he bought since "Gettin' It". I pretty much thought the same thing when he told me that, and I respect his music opinions most of the time, but sometimes we disagree. I think this is going to be one of those times. "Bring Back The Funk"
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 12:42:08 AM »
That's cool.. I'm 27 going on 28 so I tend to like the early 90's type shit.. so maybe it's just he likes the newer Too Short sound.  I can respect that... I guess :P

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 10:41:44 PM »
Yeah I'm waiting to check it out, he said all the tracks were pretty good and Traxamillion's production was great, no Lil' Jon beats, but he didn't like the one with The Pack. It's definitely more up-tempo tracks, but I miss the music Short made in the 80's and early 90's.
I got a bird's eye view

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:59 PM »
Yeah I'm waiting to check it out, he said all the tracks were pretty good and Traxamillion's production was great, no Lil' Jon beats, but he didn't like the one with The Pack. It's definitely more up-tempo tracks, but I miss the music Short made in the 80's and early 90's.

Honestly I'm glad there's no Lil Jon beats on it.. I'm getting so tired of Lil Jon.. I think he was good for awhile and then he just got plain annoying.

I've never really been a fan of Traxamillion's production, I've tried to get into his beats but never could.

Hopefully it's a decent CD but I'll never consider it a true Too Short CD, to me he's lost his style and jumped on the South's bandwagon which just isn't his style.  I still think he can go back to the bay, bring back some of that funk but update it with a fresher new sound and make some dope music.  I think if he got back with some of the Dangerous Crew producers and then brought in some of the new producers like Dae One or even someone that's been around for quite some time like Damizza he could do something!!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 01:10:47 AM »
ITS A BANGER,,,,, up there for album of the year to me

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 11:19:05 AM »

Honestly I'm glad there's no Lil Jon beats on it.. I'm getting so tired of Lil Jon.. I think he was good for awhile and then he just got plain annoying.

I've never really been a fan of Traxamillion's production, I've tried to get into his beats but never could.

Hopefully it's a decent CD but I'll never consider it a true Too Short CD, to me he's lost his style and jumped on the South's bandwagon which just isn't his style.  I still think he can go back to the bay, bring back some of that funk but update it with a fresher new sound and make some dope music.  I think if he got back with some of the Dangerous Crew producers and then brought in some of the new producers like Dae One or even someone that's been around for quite some time like Damizza he could do something!!!
Yeah the style has changed so much since he was at the top of the game, but it's good to see him get away from the crunk/Lil Jon beats. I like Traxamillion's style sometimes, especially when he slows it down. "It's Whateva" by The Team and that "S.F. Anthem" were ridiculous beats that he produced. As for Too Short, he does alright with the new bay beats, but like you said, the true Too Short was with those classic funky bay tracks produced by Ant Banks, which he hasn't had for a while.
I got a bird's eye view

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 01:35:12 PM »

^thats how you know this nigga really knows his dangerous crew shit.

couldnt agree more man.  on fuckin point.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!