Author Topic: Who is Daz talking about in "Don't Try To Play Me Homey"?  (Read 641 times)

Snoopafly-1986

Who is Daz talking about in "Don't Try To Play Me Homey"?
« on: December 01, 2007, 07:52:20 PM »
never heard this and my friend played the Gridlock'd soundtrack and this song came on and he said it was about Dre? I told him don't think so sounds like someone else

Okka

Re: Who is Daz talking about in "Don't Try To Play Me Homey"?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 08:15:31 PM »
"He used to win it to live that way
ever since them Chronic days
The big homeboy C-style put him on
19th Street got him on his way
"

I think he talkin about somebody from DPG...

Okka

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »
Maybe he talkin about Bad Azz, cuz they was beefin for a little while. When was this song released? Bad Azz was Big C Style's artist 1st and then he became part of Tha Dogg Pound ("The big homeboy C-style put him on, 19th Street got him on his way")
Or maybe he talkin about Lil C Style?

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »
It was on the Gridlock'd soundtrack, when did that come out after 2pac died I guess maybe 1997? I never knew Daz had beef with Bad Azz

Okka

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
It was on the Gridlock'd soundtrack, when did that come out after 2pac died I guess maybe 1997? I never knew Daz had beef with Bad Azz

Yeah, they was. That's why Daz wasn't on "Word On Tha Streets". He speakin on that shit in this:

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/badazz/

Very very dope interview, talks about alot of shit that happened in the past, you need to check it out...

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »

Yeah, they was. That's why Daz wasn't on "Word On Tha Streets". He speakin on that shit in this:

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/badazz/

Very very dope interview, talks about alot of shit that happened in the past, you need to check it out...

props homie 8)

dclee

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:19:32 AM »
I've always wondered who Daz was talking about as well.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 01:35:27 AM »
Wooow, I never knew Daz n Bad had beef.

And sidenote....back in 96 when "Beware of my crew" dropped, I ALWAYS thought C-Style's verse was by Daz until 3-4 years later.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 05:31:44 AM »
man read that long ass interview dope shit! Never knew how Bad Azz felt about Dre that he don't produce his own shit and that other producers are doper, maybe his view was because Dre never gave him a beat, Blueberry and Gold Rush was supposed to be on the LBC crew album those are 2 of my favorite tracks from Doggfather!

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »
swoop g.
he was on 19th street, him & snoop got some beef.swoop punched snoop. snoop got swoop kicked from 19th and all his verses were taken off tracks from the compaltion.
i had the og bustaz, i uploaded it here many years ago. it was daz,tray d, legacy & swoop g. then lil style and snoop fell out over money, then swoop and lil style recored bustaz ryder version.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 08:38:19 AM »
also daz & bad azz only fell out for a short time (over how much daz wanted payin) basicly a few beats were flipped and daz verses removed. this was just befor the album was gettin mixed down.by the time the album was out they friends again

MarshColin

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 12:09:23 PM »
swoop g.
he was on 19th street, him & snoop got some beef.swoop punched snoop. snoop got swoop kicked from 19th and all his verses were taken off tracks from the compaltion.
i had the og bustaz, i uploaded it here many years ago. it was daz,tray d, legacy & swoop g. then lil style and snoop fell out over money, then swoop and lil style recored bustaz ryder version.

Ya it was about Swoop G, not Bad Azz. That OG Bustaz was on the promo single.

acgrundy

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:49 PM »
swoop g.

yeah I remember that version of bustaz...I used to have it, maybe only on a mixtape.  Can u upload that song?

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »
thats a dope interview good read although it is long...anyone heard of any of these underground snoop tapes would def. be interesting to hear those nowadays

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

DJSpin

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 04:33:43 PM »
thats a dope interview good read although it is long...anyone heard of any of these underground snoop tapes would def. be interesting to hear those nowadays

man that would be insane.. the earliest snoop stuff i know of is on one of those Foesums mixes..the Lost Tapes had about 2 or 3 old school snoop verse/freestyles