Author Topic: Daz Dillinger's Production Underrated...?  (Read 1127 times)

HEC

Re: Daz Dillinger's Production Underrated...?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 05:11:09 PM »
i dont think he gets the recognition he should for the work he did at death row.

I would say back in 96 or so he was one of the best out there. I mean the work he put in after Dre left Death Row was exceptional.

I think with good reason and intention people expected that to continue but Daz did the indie thing for a while and he has had co producers on alot of stuff lately. Definitely far from wack on beats but outside of Same Day Different Shit his beats sound a little outdated at times. Needs a bit of a update and change on his sound like Soopafly and Fred Wreck

cosign both of these, maybe not on this forum but I live in NY and Daz does not get the props he deserves over here those classic Death Row beats after Dre left and the stuff he did on R.A.W. get overlooked

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 05:15:56 PM »
i dont think he gets the recognition he should for the work he did at death row.

I would say back in 96 or so he was one of the best out there. I mean the work he put in after Dre left Death Row was exceptional.

I think with good reason and intention people expected that to continue but Daz did the indie thing for a while and he has had co producers on alot of stuff lately. Definitely far from wack on beats but outside of Same Day Different Shit his beats sound a little outdated at times. Needs a bit of a update and change on his sound like Soopafly and Fred Wreck

cosign both of these, maybe not on this forum but I live in NY and Daz does not get the props he deserves over here those classic Death Row beats after Dre left and the stuff he did on R.A.W. get overlooked

I think it goes un noticed to some but I really think with Suge going to jail, Pac murdered and Snoop leaving, it was damaging to Daz as well. He really was JUST starting to get more and more involved with executive producing projects, he made a handful of classic songs with 2pac and Pac said Daz was one of his favorite producers. He along with Pooh did good work on Snoop's 2nd album so I think he was on his way to making his mark, but we all know how DR ended up.

HEC

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »

I think it goes un noticed to some but I really think with Suge going to jail, Pac murdered and Snoop leaving, it was damaging to Daz as well. He really was JUST starting to get more and more involved with executive producing projects, he made a handful of classic songs with 2pac and Pac said Daz was one of his favorite producers. He along with Pooh did good work on Snoop's 2nd album so I think he was on his way to making his mark, but we all know how DR ended up.

very true the DR situation really messed alot of things up, the followup to Dogg Food maybe even a Kurupt solo on Death Row would have given Daz resume a huge boost

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »
ima gangsta crunk hater but if any one can name a few good tracks il give it another listen
other than that i can bump most kurupt/Daz/Pound albums i thaught Dogg Chit was fuckin great
Throw Ya Hood Up was my best track on the album i thaught chit was beter than 2002 and Cali Iz Active

but then Cali Iz Active has got some bangers..

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 02:04:34 AM »
Here is my view...

Daz was the shit back in the days...hands down...Especially when Soopafly was around him working on the craziest productions....

I read in a Daz interview, that he'll wake up and do 50 beats in a day or something. To me, if he spent more time on say makinf 3-4 or even 5 quality bangas, then there would be no argument. Don't get me wrong, all Dazs solos except for his last on (OOTLS) and perhaps Gangsta Crunk (Which I have bumped multiple times to try and like it, but can't...apart from 2 tracks) were dope. From time to time he still comes up with heat, but not consistent enough, to say yeah this banging from top to bottom (Im talking about last 3 or so years).

But one thing...Daz got 5 out of top 10 producers or something, but if Daz is under-rated, then I think Soopafly is getting shitted on, 'cause he doesn't get the credit for the shit he done at Death Row....and even tracks like Beatcho ass, You aint shit, Hate on me....even something bout ricci or whatever....daaaamn.....But would like to see Daz and Soopafly produce together again. I mean he is the 3rd official Dogg Pund member, yet hardly on any new Dogg Pound releases lol.

Thats just my opinion. Daz ok, but needs to be more consitent by concerntrating on quality over quantity. Even if you release 1 album per year instead of 2-3.

G.F.G. Records

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • http://www.youtube.com/BiggRayWest
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 03:32:27 AM »
I Likez "Can I Gett Bucc" Wit Daz feat. Soopafly, Crooked I...

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 04:30:39 AM »
Daz has produced plenty of Dope Shit.

A few great albums with some great Daz production & collaborations include:

1995 Dogg Food
1996 A few dope tracks on All Eyez on Me
1996-1998 Death Row Soundtracks, etc.
1998 Retaliation, Revenge And Getback
1999 RAW
1999 A few dope tracks on Streetz Iz A Mutha

Now I agree

I have noticed that there are a lot of people who have decided that Daz and Kurupt have sucked since 1999.
I have also noticed that most of those same people have heard almost none of their 2000-2007 shit.

Are you saying that you thought the production was horrible on these albums?

2001 Dillinger & Young Gotti
2002 This is the Life I Lead   
2005 Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta
2005 Dillinger & Young Gotti 2
2006 Same Day Different Shit
2006 So So gangsta
2007 Dogg Chit

How was 2001 Dillinger and Youg Gotti wack?

Have you listened to these albums?

Or

Have you decided they all suck because You stopped liking DPG in 1999?

8)

(If you just dislike their music that is cool too. As a fan I'm curious.)

I don't say their 200-2007 work is horrible , most of it is just anything special imo .. Dogg Chit got some dope songs , B.I.T.C.H on Dillinger and Young Gotti got a great beat too .. to be honest I can't stand Daz flow of these latest years  and Kurupt fell off hard after SBSO...  he was better on Digital Smoke though ..

Paul

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:33 AM »
iv yet to hear anyone come up with a wack daz beat

01 Intro (Penitentiary Chances) (ft. Tha Infamous Lil' Larry)
02 Now Dat's Gangsta
03 It All Goes Down (Skit)
04 We Mean Bizniz
05 Put'n It Down (Skit)
06 We Gon' Sho U
07 I'm Lookin' For Dat Gangsta Bitch
08 Can I Bounce Dat
09 Big O' Butt
10 Tow Up From Tha Flo' Up (ft. Mz. Maya)
11 Run Up And Git Dun Up (ft. Bigg Baby)
12 It's Tyme To Ride On 'Em (ft. Yo Gotti)
13 A License To Kill

there's 13 wack Daz beats...

considering he didnt produce we gon sho u, and there is 2 skits in there

also the beats are pretty decent in the other tracks, listen again and tell me its tyme to ryde on em isnt a banger, tht was like my favourite song from 2005

again they arent wack beats, some average,

try and name a bad daz beat?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Hazzard

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2007, 08:08:18 AM »
his new shit sucks, he should retire. 8)
if she swallow during brains, that's game she soaking up!

Mygla

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »

02 Now Dat's Gangsta
04 We Mean Bizniz
05 Put'n It Down (Skit)
06 We Gon' Sho U
08 Can I Bounce Dat
09 Big O' Butt
13 A License To Kill

also the beats are pretty decent in the other tracks, listen again and tell me its tyme to ryde on em isnt a banger, tht was like my favourite song from 2005

So your opinion on what a wack beat is is also the definition?

some other wack Daz-beats (this is only from the albums I've got on my computer) :
Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP:
My Ambitionz As A Ridah 2005
Bomb Ass Pussy 2005
Hey, How Ya Doin
Gittin' Buccwild
Git A Dose Of Dis Hot Shit
(rest of the album is FIRE tho)

So So Gangsta:
Strizap
Dangerous

Dogg Chit:
Get Out My Way
I'll Bury Ya
Everybody
Mo Murder

and this is all in my opinion... I love Daz's music as much as the next man on here, but saying he's never made a wack beat... that's just plain dicklicking to me...

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
in this forum everything dpg related is overrated as hell  8)

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
hell yeah daz is underrated

jbel1021

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »

02 Now Dat's Gangsta
04 We Mean Bizniz
05 Put'n It Down (Skit)
06 We Gon' Sho U
08 Can I Bounce Dat
09 Big O' Butt
13 A License To Kill

So your opinion on what a wack beat is is also the definition?

some other wack Daz-beats (this is only from the albums I've got on my computer) :
Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP:
My Ambitionz As A Ridah 2005
Bomb Ass Pussy 2005
Hey, How Ya Doin
Gittin' Buccwild
Git A Dose Of Dis Hot Shit
(rest of the album is FIRE tho)

So So Gangsta:
Strizap
Dangerous

Dogg Chit:
Get Out My Way
I'll Bury Ya
Everybody
Mo Murder

and this is all in my opinion... I love Daz's music as much as the next man on here, but saying he's never made a wack beat... that's just plain dicklicking to me...

Those 2 songs have nice beats man. As for the rest, I agree. Daz needs to step up on his production.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 06:42:28 PM »
just think about raw and gangsta party all thoes other albums

he writes/raps/produces his own work that is a lot of work ya gotta give him props for doing it for so long

some 1 like 50 i bet he just spits then goes home

jbel1021

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
just think about raw and gangsta party all thoes other albums

he writes/raps/produces his own work that is a lot of work ya gotta give him props for doing it for so long

some 1 like 50 i bet he just spits then goes home

hahaha, 50's a bitch. Daz needs his money. He puts out project by project, so u gotta give the man props. Only on the Left Side is gonna make up for Gangsta Party, so don't go sleeping on Daz yet.