Author Topic: L.O., You Got to Go: The Lakers Must Trade Lamar Odom  (Read 970 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: L.O., You Got to Go: The Lakers Must Trade Lamar Odom
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
lol laker fans are so fickle.

sad, but true...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
Lamar Odom is not a superstar. A superstar is somebody who excels in at least one aspect of the game, and he makes the difference on the floor. Chris Paul is a superstar because he can score, he can dishes the ball, he has floor leadership. Howard is a superstar cause he's a rebounding machine, and he can score too, if you give him the ball inside in a good position. Pau Gasol is a superstar because he's a PF/C who can shoot from 3pts, who can rebound, who can score, who has floor leadership, etc.. Lamar Odom is not. Plain and simple. Ok, he is a good rebounder, he is skilled enought to score 10-15 points per game, but he lacks a lot of aspects in his game and he hasn't worked hard enought to fix them (yet?). First of all he's soft. Yes he is, plain and simple. And i'm talking about his concentration on the game. He ain't always with his mind 100% concentrated on the game, he takes pauses, he shots less than 5-6 times during some games (you will never see Duncan, or Boozer, or other good PF players take less than 5-6 shots. And they both have another good scorer in their team, so don't blame Kobe!), plus he makes stupid mistakes (don't let me post some embarassing mistakes he does when he's not concentrated on the floor, like passing himself the ball from a throw in, etc..). He's def playing under his potential. He's somehow like Kwame Brown: a dude with great potential but with menthal problems (i'm not calling him retarded, i'm saying he doesn't concentrate his mind on the floor the right way). Kwame at least worked hard to become a good one-on-one post defender. Odom has worked hard to grab rebounds. But is it enought? No. Is he playing so bad that we should trade him? That's another story. He's playing as a PF, basically. So if we trade him, we gotta replace him with another PF. The problem is: who is that PF we could realistically sign who is better than him?

Carlos Boozer? Hell yeah, he is better than Odom no fucking doubt. But Utah won't trade him (no more)
Jermaine O'Neal? He's not playing well in Indiana and we can't sacrifice Bynum for him. So.. no (more). Because of Bynum, basically.
Pau Gasol? Hell yeah, he's a beast!! I'd fucking love him! But Mitch said he don't want to ask him to Jerry West. So.. Mitch already said "no!".
Matrix? No. He's not a superstar, just like Odom. And i see no point in trading Odom for him.
Who else?

That's the problem! We have nobody better than him to sign if we trade him (obviously i'm not considering trades involving Bynum or Kobe). Make some names if you have them, cause i dont! Nobody. So.. even if he ain't a superstar (imho), and even if he's not playing like he could (it's also because of he's recovering from an injury, but let's not be hyprocrite saying that's his only problem), i think we should keep him. He can only improve, and if he does the team will improve. Let's wait and let's hope he starts to play like he should. Again.

The thing is, Odom doesn't typically take 5 or 6 shots...he has been this year, because he's coming off an injury and missed training camp AND pre-season. this is basically his pre-season, he's just now getting his legs under him. If you remember, Odom was playing superb for most of the last two seasons before he got injured... on an all-star level. Odom's contract is up next season, so if he doesn't step it up and get back to his 18-10-5, we can always trade him this off-season or even next season as an expiring contract, which could get us even more than if we traded him now like dumbasses...Either way, I like Odom, and I don't think we should trade him, especially not now...PeACe

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »
The thing is that everybody who wants us to trade him can't write down a good trade scenario that makes me say: "Ok, let's do it!".
Trade Odom? Ok. For?

I do agree: let's keep him, since there's nothing better around.

And THANK GOD we didn't trade Bynum.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »
Lets also keep him because he's a warrior with all-star talent who fits very well in the triangle offense...PeACe

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »
I wouldn't trade him now at this very moment..... but I would definitely get rid of him if a great opportunity came up....or at the end of the season if he still has us pulling out our hair in frustration.

And I don't necessarily see all of this as Laker fans being fickle... being a fan doesn't mean smiling at everything good or bad and having to accept everything with no voice or opinion.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 12:07:49 PM »
LOL

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
Lol this dude is really on a I-Love-Lamar mission. Easy to laugh now that he's actually playing good. I posted this when dude was taking 7 shots a game and inbounding the ball to himself.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
You posted this when he was coming off of an injury...I'm not on any mission, I just came along this thread in a search and found it funny how right I was and how wrong you were. Notice how everything I said was true. You're the only one who thought Odom wasn't capable of playing like he is...PeACe

Still LOL@AK-for-Odom.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »
Obviously you are. You've brought up me wanting Odom traded about 3-4 times in the past month and a half.

But you're right Odom is playing great. So I apologize. I apologize for not realizing that all we had to do is pull of a miracle water-to-wine trade for an All-Star to make our  $14 million dollar man to play like he's worthy of being in the NBA.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »
^Actually, Odom has been good in every second half of the season since we acquired him. He ALWAYS steps it up when it counts, which is why I knew he would do it again. That's also why I questioned whether you either a.)had memory loss or b.)hadn't been watching Odom play...

and I only brought up Odom in threads where it was relevant...this thread was bumped because I was searching some shit and came along it...PeACe

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
i agree, trade him away!!! he stinks!!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MoreSwaggerThanMickJagger

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
LOL at Nik diggin in the archives to bump this thread.

Go get a job or go to school or do something, there is more to life then dubcnn,  you should see someone professionally Nik, its not normal dude.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:44:18 PM by S P I C E »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 11:34:29 PM »
LOL@your ass of all people talking about "not normal"...like I said, I used the search to look up an old Lamar Odom thread I made, and this came up. Lamar Odom>JO.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2008, 11:37:04 PM »
Lol this dude is really on a I-Love-Lamar mission. Easy to laugh now that he's actually playing good. I posted this when dude was taking 7 shots a game and inbounding the ball to himself.

he was coming off an injury. regardless of how much he was underachieving, u gotta be more supportive than that bro. odom steps it up at the end of EVERY year, particularly in the past playoffs when he making shawn marion his bitch. all we had to do was wait.

and no offense NIK, but it is pretty petty bumping up an old topic like this, regardless of whether or not u found it by chance. yall are both laker fans. he already admitted he was wrong, time to move on and look forward to sweeping the mormons.