Author Topic: Crazy facts '07.  (Read 311 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Crazy facts '07.
« on: December 10, 2007, 03:53:23 PM »
As you age, your eye color gets lighter.

The two-foot long bird called a Kea that lives in New Zealand likes to eat the strips of rubber around car windows.

The province of Alberta, Canada is completely free of rats.

It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.

Hawaii is moving toward Japan 4 inches every year.

The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.

There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.

Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.

If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

The Spanish word esposa means "wife." The plural, esposas, means "wives," but also "handcuffs." \

Abraham Lincoln's dog, Fido, was assassinated too.

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England, but only in tropical fish stores.

The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.

The ant, when intoxicated, will always fall over to its right side.

The California Department of Motor Vehicles has issued six driver's licenses to six different people named Jesus Christ.

Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike each year than all the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

There is a company that will (for $14,000) take your ashes, compress them into a synthetic diamond to be set in jewelry for a loved one.

The RIAA sued an 83 year old woman for downloading music illegally, even though a copy of her death certificate was sent to the RIAA a week before it filed the suit.

Russian scientists have developed a new drug that prolongs drunkenness and enhances intoxication.

A perfect SAT score is 1600 combined. Bill Gates scored 1590 on his SAT. Paul Allen, Bill's partner in Microsoft, scored a perfect 1600. Bill Cosby scored less than 500 combined.

Mailmen in Russia now carry revolvers after a recent decision by the government.

All of Queen Anne's 17 children died before she did.

More people study English in China than speak it in the United States of America (300 million).

More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed each year from using products that are made for right-handed people.

For every person on earth, there are an estimated 200 million insects.

Costco is the largest wine retailer in the United States. Annual wine sales are about $700 million.

A ten year old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new, because of the -ahem- debris which is absorbed through the years. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and their decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand and a lot of perspiration, of which the average person loses a quart per day. Good night!

A private elementary school in Alexandria, Virginia, accidentally served margaritas to its schoolchildren, thinking it was limeade.

Oprah Winfrey and Elvis Presley are distant cousins.

George Washington spent about 7% of his annual salary on liquor.

Each year, more people are killed by teddy bears than by grizzly bears.

Al Gore's roommate in college (Harvard, class of 1969) was Tommy Lee Jones.

Life expectancy for Russian men has actually gone down over the past 40 years. A Russian male born today can expect to live an average 58 years.

A Brussels Airlines flight to Vienna was aborted because the pilot was attacked in the cockpit. The attacker was a passenger's cat, who got out of its travel bag.

The Nike swoosh was designed by a Portland State University student, and purchased by Nike for $35.

Quebec City, Canada, has about as much street crime as Disney World.

The United States has five percent of the world's population, but twenty-five percent of the world's prison population.

There is a new television show on a British cable called "Watching Paint Dry". Viewers watch in real-time. Gloss, semi-gloss, matte, satin, you name it. Then viewers vote out their least favorite.

There are between 5,000 and 7,000 tigers kept as pets in the United States.

In 2004, one in six girls in the United States enter puberty at age 8. A hundred years ago, only one in a hundred entered puberty that early.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Crazy facts '07.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:00:05 PM »
LMFAO!!!!!!! Some was messed up though. Lincoln's dog and the 83 year old women.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
There is a company that will (for $14,000) take your ashes, compress them into a synthetic diamond to be set in jewelry for a loved one.
I only knew this one because of the intro to the Nas song "Blunt Ashes", off Hip-Hop Is Dead. Those facts were crazy.
I got a bird's eye view

Throwback

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:39:14 PM »
In 2004, one in six girls in the United States enter puberty at age 8. A hundred years ago, only one in a hundred entered puberty that early.

lol.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
the fuck? how in the hell was this shit proven? lol

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:11:32 PM »
The province of Alberta, Canada is completely free of rats.

lmao thats true one of my friends went there and he told me about these dudes carrying a loaded 12 gauge and their paid just to shoot rats. That's my kind of job

Quebec City, Canada, has about as much street crime as Disney World.

lolllllllll, that's where i live, and i'm in the stats. But that's crazy, i didn't know there was that much drama in disney, there was like 20 murder last year. Not talking about all the other shit like the minor prostitution network they destroyed
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:23:16 PM by Bitch, dat aint my baby! »

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
More than 2,500 left-handed people are killed each year from using products that are made for right-handed people.
:'(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 09:55:58 PM »

The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk.

If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England, but only in tropical fish stores.

The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.

Russian scientists have developed a new drug that prolongs drunkenness and enhances intoxication.

There is a new television show on a British cable called "Watching Paint Dry". Viewers watch in real-time. Gloss, semi-gloss, matte, satin, you name it. Then viewers vote out their least favorite.

those are random as fuck!

QOprah Winfrey and Elvis Presley are distant cousins..

Quebec City, Canada, has about as much street crime as Disney World

More people study English in China than speak it in the United States of America (300 million).
lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 10:42:21 PM »
And everyone is just going to blindly believe all this?

That'd be fucking awesome! :laugh:

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 01:36:43 AM »
I wonder how many of those "facts" are actually true..

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »
^^^

yea i smell bullshit on a few

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 03:53:59 AM »
I think that's Yishay, who didn't whipe his ass  :P

Borat Sagdiyev

• 'G'
  • My Name a Borat
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:56 AM »
Very interesting.
I am continuing my Cultural Learnings of U, S and A for their musicial likings.  WEST WEST BITCHES!

****2007 Alias of the Year****
http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=165821.0

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 06:30:55 AM »
The one about mattresses was horrid.
NO MORE WAR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
Why would they not be true? It's from a trivia site...I doubt people just sit and make these up.