Author Topic: Since the Raiders have nothing to play for  (Read 760 times)

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Since the Raiders have nothing to play for
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »
ill be in the club come sunday. section 213 wit the special wristband dem $148 tickets. loud on defense shut the fuck up on offense ya bitch. it was the oakland raiders we aint nothing but playas, diamonds glistening hoes whilsting
bitches know my name cuz it's a natural thing!!!
It looks like the Raiders might turn things around a little bit, Kiffin has them playing harder and they are committing less penalties. Interesting to see how Russell turns out, the Raiders have some good receivers so that should help.
I got a bird's eye view

Sparegeez

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 10:34:09 PM »
ill be in the club come sunday. section 213 wit the special wristband dem $148 tickets. loud on defense shut the fuck up on offense ya bitch. it was the oakland raiders we aint nothing but playas, diamonds glistening hoes whilsting

I was there, and leaving the stadium was a bitch. Took me like an hour to get to BART walking

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »

I was there, and leaving the stadium was a bitch. Took me like an hour to get to BART walking
That's weak..It usually takes like 5 minutes
I got a bird's eye view

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 07:52:06 PM »
I'm calling it right now.... the black Ryan Leaf.

yeah i can kinda see that happening. that or an eli manning....doesn't live up to the hype.

naw, theres no evidence to suggest he would be anywhere NEAR the bust that Ryan Leaf was. Even Manning for that matter. At the same time though, theres no comparison between Manning and Ryan Leaf. Manning hasnt lived up to the hype yet....but Leaf had a serious mental problem lol. A mental problem paired with the frustration of needing to be the savior on an organization that wasnt committed to winning. Its all a matter of what Al Davis surrounds this kid with. Dont expect him to save the organization....thats unfair if he isnt given the tools to succeed. I like what Kiffin is doing so far with the running game...they should keep focusing on that even when Russell takes over. Thatll take the pressure off him bigtime and allow him to go down the field with the ball which is what Im sure Al is hoping for. Id love to see another deep threat at wide out though for us.

Russel had a nice college career but got most of his hype off of one huge bowl game.  Just like Ryan Leaf.

that doesnt make the two players the same though. Ryan Leaf was obviously a special case. He was one in a million lol. Predicting a player is going to be the next Ryan Leaf ( biggest bust ever maybe ) is just as crazy as predicting the next Michael Jordan. Just in the opposite direction. Again, he's a young QB with a huge arm and a big upside. It all depends on who he is surrounded with...and if the Raiders committ themselves to winning with him at QB.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 06:08:51 PM »
Ryan Leaf>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Smith
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Sparegeez

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 03:26:22 AM »

::)
word..hes not that bad but he aint that good either but....smith>jay schroeder,todd marionvich,Jeff Hostetler,kerry collins,jeff george,aaron brooks,Andrew Walter...you get the picture...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 09:32:45 AM »
>>>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 09:36:32 AM »

will be GOAT

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »

word..hes not that bad but he aint that good either but....smith>jay schroeder,todd marionvich,Jeff Hostetler,kerry collins,jeff george,aaron brooks,Andrew Walter...you get the picture...

Obviously Smith isnt as bad as Ryan Leaf but Hostetler and George were both better then him. Alex Smith is still young so who knows where he'll go from here. Jeff George had one of the best arms of all time, he just never had the mindset to win in the league. Even Mike Shannahan, coach for the Broncos was quoted as saying that out of the 10 best passes he's ever seen....Jeff George probably threw about 7 of em. And he coached Elway.

btw....that long list of Raider QB's that you say are worse then Alex Smith only pushes Tim Browns talents that much closer, or even beyond Jerry Rice's.

I would have to say,
Joe Montana/ Steve Young > Jay Shroeder, Todd Marrinovich, Jeff Hostetler, Kerry Collins....etc....etc
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sparegeez

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 03:17:03 PM »
>>>

LOL please don't start talking about how Raider quarterbacks from the past were better than Niner quarterbacks from the past.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 06:20:41 PM »

Obviously Smith isnt as bad as Ryan Leaf but Hostetler and George were both better then him. Alex Smith is still young so who knows where he'll go from here. Jeff George had one of the best arms of all time, he just never had the mindset to win in the league. Even Mike Shannahan, coach for the Broncos was quoted as saying that out of the 10 best passes he's ever seen....Jeff George probably threw about 7 of em. And he coached Elway.

btw....that long list of Raider QB's that you say are worse then Alex Smith only pushes Tim Browns talents that much closer, or even beyond Jerry Rice's.

I would have to say,
Joe Montana/ Steve Young > Jay Shroeder, Todd Marrinovich, Jeff Hostetler, Kerry Collins....etc....etc
george def had the arm,he just lacked everything else...nobody questioned Timmys talent,one of the best all-time..gannon(a young one) is the only raider qb id take over smith at this point. honestly if im the sf front office i give alex one more year and im shopping for a new qb.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »
^^Yeah, they need to start looking for a QB this offseason, that way if Smith fails we have a backup plan ready. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, because it is tough to find a QB in free agency or trades. The only ones I know who might be out there are Derek Anderson or McNabb.
I got a bird's eye view

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »
If Norv Turner was still OC in San Fran, Smith would be much better off.  Hell the whole offense would be.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 02:38:21 PM »
raiders will rue the day for not taking calvin johnson
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens