Author Topic: PICS! ...From My Trip To West Africa!  (Read 502 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
PICS! ...From My Trip To West Africa!
« on: December 13, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
These are pics from a day in Africa.  I spent the entire month of November there and described my trip throughout, and that log is posted in the Train of Thought Section.  This is how I've been living since I converted to Islam back in the year 2000... I've just been working, living by small means, and saving up money to travel to a different place every year or two.  So far I've been to Hajj (Mekkah and Medina), The United Arab Emirates (Dubia, Sharjah), Oman in the Arab Gulf, and the Bahamas.  This year I went to Senegal (ya'll know it as the home of Akon) and Gambia. 

People requested at the forum to see some pics.  I didn't even go with a camera.  I wanted to just snap pictures in my mind and keep them as a memory, be like Talib Kweli in "Reflection Eternal" where he says, "I dive deep into my mind, see I got a treasury that floats through my head like a sweet melody".  But the day that I travelled upcountry my friend insisted that I take some photo's, and here's some pics from that day.  Hope you all like them. 

This is my friends an I on a boat heading upcountry.

This is a good friend I made there while I was on the trip, and we are hanging out at his house

This is at the famous slave island, James Island, off the coast of Juffreh site of the movie "Roots" by Alex Haley

This pic was taken on a small island in the upcountry of Gambia, it is called Cocunut Island and the Rasta's say it is a "blessed island" because ganga grows free over the whole island, and not only that, it is their only crop and means of livelihood for the people who live on this island.

This is another one of my friends I met while in Gambia.  In the Arab Muslim countries women and men don't mix freely, West Africa is also predominately Muslim, but there they are a very open culture, and it's all love.

My friend Idiboy and I chillin enjoying the beautiful African scenary

This pic was supposed to show the coastline of Juffreh, where the famous African/American slave Kunta Kenta is from.  There's a famous scene in the movie "Roots" where Kunta Kentah who was origionally a Muslim, is forced to take on the name, identity, and religion of his slave master.

Chilling on Cocunut Island

we travelled upcountry in this car (you see the Rasta/Jamaican influence that's in Africa, they put those bumperstickers on their cars there), most of the road was unpaved, and goats, sheep, and chickens would block our way from time to time, even stray dogs, bulls, cows, you'd find anything roaming the streets

Here you see some of the hip-hop influence of the locals there.  They love 2pac the most.  It's nice to see how 2pac is a legend internationally in the way that Bob Marley is.  They also like 50 Cent and Eminem.  Gambians love Reggae music the most though.  It's Reggae night every Sunday in Gambia at the beach.

This picture was taken at a historical site called Bakou.  Here, they have a crocodile cove, if you look closely you will see that I am petting the crocodile.  They are unusually tame there.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:18:24 PM by Abdul-Infinite Presents...Islam In Africa... »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ikilla

• Lil Geezy
Re: PICS! ...From My Trip To West Africa!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
aye yo, u need to holla at them niggas for me,

tell them to rip of them bugs monkey posters and put up some killa shit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:11 PM »

They don't have time all the way in another continent to listen to the garbage we put up with here in America, they don't bother with Dipset, Jay-Z, Lil-Wayne or any other average rapper that is supposedly on top of today's hip-hop.  I'm not saying 50 Cent is anything special anymore, but like Nas said, "Get Rich Or Die Trying" (album) was the last time I felt like hip-hop was alive. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:49:58 PM »
You look like an Islamic Jew
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:54:42 PM by Sparegizzle the Nizzle »

ikilla

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »

They don't have time all the way in another continent to listen to the garbage we put up with here in America, they don't bother with Dipset, Jay-Z, Lil-Wayne or any other average rapper that is supposedly on top of today's hip-hop.  I'm not saying 50 Cent is anything special anymore, but like Nas said, "Get Rich Or Die Trying" (album) was the last time I felt like hip-hop was alive. 
U MAD????????????

yea

U MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »
man those are beautiful pictures I really can't wait to take a trip out there. truly amazing

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
Great pictures, thx for posting them.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »
Damn that's dope. Makes me want to travel to East and South Africa like I've been wanting to do for years. If I ever get around to it I'll swing buy West Africa too.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »
Looks like a great trip. That whole area looks beautiful.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Masta_Boogie

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 01:47:01 AM »
Im from Togo westafrica and damn when im seein these pictures your makin me missin this shit

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 02:00:22 AM »
dope pics man... props on that shit

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 03:28:44 AM »
Great pics!!!

AndrE16686

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 03:57:10 AM »

Intriago33

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 03:59:09 AM »
Great pictures man.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 05:25:46 AM »