Author Topic: Alright i'm fucking pissed!!  (Read 757 times)

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
Re: Alright i'm fucking pissed!!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2001, 07:11:21 AM »
i know im gonna get slated for saying this but surely y'all gotta recognise that pete rock is in the same bracket as dr dre.

they are both production geniuses and the only other 2 people that rank alongside them in hip hop are primo and rza in my opinion.

i respect everyones opinion but it baffels me how anyone can listen to 36 chambers and say that aint a masterpiece (oth lyrically and beat wise)

pete rock is a trend setter in hip hop just like dre, they both have inspired a generation of people, if it wasnt for dre you wouldnt have bass heavy dope ass westcoast newcomers like fred wreck and battlecat and if it wasnt for pete rock you wouldnt have those obscure melodies and heart stopping vocal samples that east coast producers like ski and the alchemist give us. dre and pete are both legends in their own right but of course the east coast heads are gonna feel pete rock more....we grew up on that shit just like y'all grew up on some g funk.

im just sayin dont hate cos you cant relate (and before you say it i KNOW thats erxactly what them sohh heads are doin but you dont need to bring yourself to that  level) im an east coast head but i got mad love for westcoast music and i feel like if other east coast heads cant recognise the wealth of talent on the wesrt then thats their loss.

same goes for y'all.....dont hate on it just cos its east coast (i know mosta y'all aint like that but we got some ignorant peeps who are still on some 2pac shit)

anyway, peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2001, 04:47:01 PM »
word. Pete Rock is the shit. "T.R.O.Y" has gotta be one of the best songs ever. too bad him and CL broke up.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2001, 04:56:46 PM »

i hate to say it, as much as i luv this board, but this board is not "where all the real ones" come to....THis board is great and all.....FOR Westcoast music, those dudes at wodie like eastcoast music, but they are light years ahead of us in knowledge of rap and underground rap expessially...I have just recently got into eastcoast rap in the past year, but i still love westcoast, but they are doin much more on the east, that you never heara bout.....i was pleased someone mentioned deltron3030 as one of there favorite albums of 2000....cause most of you guys list no matter what the subject always comes up like:

1. Snoop dogg
2. dr dre
3. 2pac
4. kurupt
5. dogg pound

OPEN up your eyes, there are better emcees than you guys know about from the west even....but the eastcoast is soooooo solid...im not dissin this forum or anything, just sayin

good post, but man the west coast underground is way deep too, theres so many cats making great music but just cuz they dont go platinum or they dont have dre on their shit a lot of people sleep on it. even on this board, a WEST COAST board, all i see is dre, snoop, dpg, eminem (???), there is so much more out there.

its fucked up when even west coast fans dont recognize 80% of west coast artists

as for the east, i aint hating, if they make good music then its good music. personally i dont feel it as much but i still respect it.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2001, 06:26:57 PM »
I'm a big eastcoast head and I recognize both coast. Dre is one of the best producers in the game.  (the only 3 that come close are rza, premier, and pete rock) I don't know if anyone said it already but SOME of the westcoast fans are just as biased as the eastcoast.

WestCoastVeteran-
Y2hiphop.com is a great place. I don't see anything wrong with it. You have to  to respect there opinions. It's unstandable that people voted off Ice Cube's Amerikas most wanted before Gza's liquid Swords. Liquid Swords was a classic album and if you had they had to choose between a eastcoast classic and westcoast classic. What would they pick. All of the albums they kept on were pretty good. Reasonable doubt was and Liquid Swords are classics though.

Whoever said 36 chambers wasn't classic should probably listen to it again. Thats one of the best rap albums ever and if you can't appreciate that then I don't know what to say to you man.  

"my point was they're dissin' and puttin producers above dre and that's like someone putting someone above michael jordan in basketball, it should be considered a sin,lol"- BIGJAKEDOGG

I love dre's music and everything but people have there own opinions ya know. Michael Jordan could single handedly win a game if he wanted to but Music is different from sports. When people watch a basketball game they'll usually get the same things out of it. But music is different. Some people like different taste of music. So you can say that putting someone over dre is a sin. If you are gonna say someone is better then someone you should have a legitamit reason though.

I feel as though the eastcoast has more to offer. There are alot more artist on the east. (or so it seems) Many westcoast artist with the exception of the dre's, the snoop's, the cube's, etcs. Don't get good promotion so you don't hear much west in the east. I have to look on the net and read magazines to find things on westcoast artist. The main problem I have with eastcoast music is that there is alot of commerical bullshit such as dmx, ja rule, etc. It's not good music and gets tons of recognitionand promotion when good music from the west and underground east coast artist could be receiving.
I am not biased in my statements because I am one of the few people in philly who bumps Westcoast music, as well as eastcoast music on a regular Basis. I spend my discussions on rap defending the westcoast rap scene and I have people on my dick all day telling me westcoast ain't shit. Move to LA because I think Dre is a WAYYYYYYYYY better producer then timbaland and the neptunes, etc. However they don't realize that my taste is versatile. I may have more eastcoast cds than westcoast cds but I still support the west aot.

Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2001, 07:25:16 PM »

WestCoastVeteran-
Y2hiphop.com is a great place. I don't see anything wrong with it. You have to  to respect there opinions. It's unstandable that people voted off Ice Cube's Amerikas most wanted before Gza's liquid Swords. Liquid Swords was a classic album and if you had they had to choose between a eastcoast classic and westcoast classic. What would they pick. All of the albums they kept on were pretty good. Reasonable doubt was and Liquid Swords are classics though.

i got GZA's LS album and i dont think it comes close to Cube's AMW...and Jigga's RD is nice but like i said it aint touchin' Cube...but yeh its true what u said about which coast they'd pick cause everyone is bias..i know i am LOL! ay whats ur name on that site if your on it.??? mines Ashtray

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2001, 01:10:12 AM »
i whole heartedly agree with what topdogg said he's on point

but like you said jordan could single handedly take over a game

i mean basketball and rap have so much in common that's why ballers wanna rap and rappers wanna ball

dre single handedly takes over this genre, when he produced straight outta compton that changed rap forever and is the most influential rap record period, i mean it's so influential it inspired eve ALOT of rock and soul acts
then the chronic came out and took over the rap industry again, people wanna credit it for it's g-funk sound but i don't think that's it's whole influence before the chronic  a rap record couldn't have clean production (take a listen to most rap records pre-chronic) every thing had to have  grimy loud edge to it then the chronic came out and made it alright for rap to have clean, elaborate production like trauma's homie michael jackson and alot of people took notice of that and started making better produced music that is still shaping rap today
then the chronic 2001 came out and again has done some possitive damage in the rap game i've noticed since 2001's release alot of people are starting to make futuristic music that is "funky"...i dunno maybe it's a cooincident

now peterock has a very illustrious carreer also

him and cl smooth released 2 very solid records in 91 and 92, All Souled Out was very solid probably their best record in my opinion pete had very strong production on it with it's jazz influence probably one of the best jazz rap records but pete's production wasn't exactly Ground breaking and not as many people felt it except dudes on the east and eclectic fools like me (  8) ) not to deminish his production AT ALL cuz it was VERY solid but i mean when you toss me another production masterpiece from 91' NWA's Niggaz4Life i'm even more baffled
then in 92' pete and cl blessed us with Mecca and the Soul brother and this records was every bit as solid as their  first pete gots some amazing loops and i'm feeling alot of the drums on it too i liked their first record better becuase CL came off better but peterock uped the production...but then i look at another release from 92' ...dre's chronic and again dre is victor
 then they released main ingrediant, i was feelin' it when i first listened to it but then i got tired of it , it wasn't nearly as solid as their first 2 pete came with some dope production but it wasn't as great cl came with some nice stuff on here too but it wasn't as great, even though this record came out in 94  i guess it can beconsidered like the "Aftermath" compilation at least in my opinion, i don't see anything wrong with comparing the 2 (even though they got different sounds) but the overall way i was feelin' them, i liked them both thoroly at first but they just lost their edge after a while after main ingrediant they split way and pete went solo and released some records on his own, the first wasn't all that great the second was solid but i was feelin' alot more stuff than Funk Spectrum, then i compare Petestrumental to Chronic 2001's instrumentals and i gotta give it up to dre once again

not to take any thing away from rock he's  a dope producer but Dre has SHOOK the industry more than once

it's exactly like Allen Iverson and Michal Jordan, and remember iverson shook jordan in one game so i ain't saying dre has always been 10 steps above pete but overall when you look at what allen iverson has done and look what jordan has done it's no duh who you give it to...and i mean damn i like iverson more than jordan, not to say i like pete more than dre, but my whole point is dre has done more for his industry like jordan than pete...that's all it's not biast or preference just the simple fact what dre has done compared to pete, i mean dre's put out numerous certified classic albums (SOC, Efil4zaggin, chronic, doggystyle, no one can do it better, eazy duz it, that one michel'le album, hell i've heard quite a few hip hop publications cresen chronic 2001, sslp, mmlp classic...i dunno about the last three put when you look at dre's catelouge compared to rock's i give it to dre

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2001, 09:47:59 AM »
You know what pisses me off? That you guys get involved with other board that don't know SHIT about real Hip Hop...I mean whats the point? If the people at the board are retarded, than dont go there....That simple...

TheSheriff

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2001, 02:03:45 AM »
Who cares about innovation?

Shit, if we're talking about innovation, you better put ONP and EI3 up there, next to Dre...

Southerplayalistic...1993(or '94, when YOU all heard it), was the first P-Funk/Rap mix album to come out, revolutionized the game.

ATLiens....1996, people hate on it, but they gotta admit, in the end, that it's a classic...It was waaaay ahead of it's contemporaries. Even Dre only reached that type of shit in 1999...Jazzy, funky, and futuristic all at once...

Aquemini...One of THE top hip-hop albums...Sorry, but 1998's best album...Revolutionized the game AGAIN...

Stankonia...A mix of every influence, funky shit, with soul, ALLLL that...2000 never saw it coming...Set a new standard...

Yet ONP and EI3 are not given credit they DESERVE.

Dre revolutionized the game three times? So did ONP and EI3.

And Mellowman, c'mon...You're definitely biased as well, if you're accusing the people at SOHH of being biased...more so...you're always gonna defend your friend, ain't ya? It's natural, human nature.

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2001, 08:13:32 AM »

ay whats ur name on that site if your on it.??? mines Ashtray

I just read the post. I haven't been there in a few weeks though.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

RapAce

• 'G'
  • R.A
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2001, 12:15:49 PM »
yeah word up man
"Born a man, Died a legend"
2pac r.i.p

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2001, 06:34:35 PM »
about the outkast thing where you said they were the first to use p-funk....uhhh no people back in the 80's used it ALOT, and the chronic came out before southernplaya.....

outkast is my favorite group out right now second only 2 NWA but dre's influence is bigger felt than organized noise and earthtone III

oh yeah and i dug up that old sohh.com topic about dre/peterock and the moderators delted a GRIP of the dre disses, which is cool but sux cuz i was going to post them

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2001, 06:52:10 PM »
This is a very interesting topic. I am a fan of both westcoast and eastcoast hip hop, along with a little bit of midwest hip hop and southern hip hop. The coast doesnt make a difference to me. Its the music that counts. The Chronic vs. 36 Chambers?? Two CLASSIC albums right there, so its hard to say. I probably like the production on The Chronic better, but lyrically, 36 Chambers is better. However, I dont consider 36 Chambers to RZA's best work. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are both better in that department in my opinion, but 36 is probably still the best Wu release cuz of what it did for hip hop. Also, I like Dre's production on Doggystyle better than I do the Chronic, though The Chronic is probably better overall [w/o The Chronic, there would be no Doggstyle]. I do agree about east coast heads though. Alot of them are close minded and worship NY like its the only thing in the world. I am a huge fan of Bone also, and I cant convince any of them cats that Bone is a great group. Its rediculous, but I live with it cuz I like alot of east coast music still, including Wu, Mobb Deep, Biggie, The Roots, Tribe, Gang Starr [probably the best duo in hip hop, only Outkast might be better], etc.......Thats my 2 cents, p'z
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

DJ Stew

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2001, 07:00:15 PM »
they can say the exact same thing about us, sayin we're all west coast dick riders and the truth is some people in here DO ride dre's dick way too much
sure he's PROBABLY the best producer out there but there are some people that treat him as some kind of god, saying there is no1 even close to him which i dont think is true, premo produces HOT shit as well as others out there, like erick sermon for one, rza most of the time etc. some ppl in here are just as single minded as them on the other board
i love westcoast gangsta shit to death but i also like to throw in some tight east coast lyrisist's too on my mixes.

Liquid Swords, 36-Chambers, moment of truth ARE all classics as well as i think Legal Drug Money- LB

i gotta shout out to So Much Style  for being the first one in here to come out and say basiclly what i've said, some people out there gotta open thier fuckin hears, good music is good music regardless if its west coast, east coast, dirty south, canadian or anywhere else!

TEXT
"I ain't got time for bitches, gotta keep my mind on my muthafuckin riches"  Pac

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2001, 07:08:26 PM »

they can say the exact same thing about us, sayin we're all west coast dick riders and the truth is some people in here DO ride dre's dick way too much
sure he's PROBABLY the best producer out there but there are some people that treat him as some kind of god, saying there is no1 even close to him which i dont think is true, premo produces HOT shit as well as others out there, like erick sermon for one, rza most of the time etc. some ppl in here are just as single minded as them on the other board
i love westcoast gangsta shit to death but i also like to throw in some tight east coast lyrisist's too on my mixes.

Liquid Swords, 36-Chambers, moment of truth ARE all classics as well as i think Legal Drug Money- LB

i gotta shout out to So Much Style  for being the first one in here to come out and say basiclly what i've said, some people out there gotta open thier fuckin hears, good music is good music regardless if its west coast, east coast, dirty south, canadian or anywhere else!

TEXT

True, true. But I do run into more close minded east coast folks than I do west coast folks. The best producer ever is a matter of opinion. Id probably say Primo, but Dre, RZA, DJ Uneek, Havoc and a shit load of others are nice too. There really is no greatest producer ever. It all depends on who you ask. I do think the east coast has made more classic albums then the west [i.e. Illmatic, Ready To Die, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, The Infamous, Illadelph Halflife, Low End Theory, Moment Of Truth, etc etc], but Makaveli [which we all know is a west coast album] is probably in my top 5 albums ever.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

DJ Stew

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2001, 07:12:35 PM »
i agree with every word u just said hellrazor, when i first saw someone had my shit highlighted i expected someone wantin to start some beef haha
"I ain't got time for bitches, gotta keep my mind on my muthafuckin riches"  Pac