Author Topic: Matrix & The Terminator  (Read 1048 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Matrix & The Terminator
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 10:36:49 AM »
terminator 1 and 2 >  matrix trilogy

i would add 3 as well

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 12:12:28 AM »
I can see how they are similar in the sense that both have futures where AI machines took over the world.
AI?
Artificial Intelligence. And I don't see how they can be related. Unless after Judgment Day they machines create the matrix. :eh:

Well they could tie the stories together and you really couldn't sat it was impossible. The Judgement Day machines took over Earth about what? 1000 years before the time the Matrix is set in, and in Termaniator the war against the humans is still just beginning. So one could say that after the machines took over all but a few humans, the Sun cooled tremendously and created the Earth of the Matrix, the Machines computer careated the Architect and the Architect created the Matrix.

That being said, I've never heard anyone say the two stories were related.
In The Matrix, the humans blotted out the sun thinking the machines couldn't live without it.

How'd they do that?
Unless it is explained in the The Matrix reloaded, they don't say.

bez

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »
no realtion...next!

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
no realtion...next!
do you mean no relation!

bez

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
no realtion...next!
do you mean no relation!

no i meant no realtion, if i would of meant relation i would of put relation, and it wouldnt of just been some silly spelling mistake.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
no realtion...next!
do you mean no relation!

no i meant no realtion, if i would of meant relation i would of put relation, and it wouldnt of just been some silly spelling mistake.
lol

+1
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
Can somebody explain to  me how they connect because I've always heard that the matrix leads in to the terminator (the future). ?

i heard the idea for both movies was stolen from a unpublished author trying to sell her story or something like that

apprently she is and has been in a lawsuit with them for years now

here is her website http://www.sophiaoracle.com

here is an interview telling it all http://www.playahata.com/pages/interviews/interview_sophiastewartpt1.htm
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:57:00 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »
Can somebody explain to  me how they connect because I've always heard that the matrix leads in to the terminator (the future). ?

i heard the idea for both movies was stolen from a unpublished author trying to sell her story or something like that

apprently she is and has been in a lawsuit with them for years now

here is here website http://www.sophiaoracle.com

here is an interview telling it all http://www.playahata.com/pages/interviews/interview_sophiastewartpt1.htm
thanks man. i was just surfing the web about it after u brought the topic back up and i found this. on her book its a review:

The Terminator and The Matrix are connected4
I haven't read the book yet but if anyone watches the animatrix the First and Second renassaunce it tells the story of how the machines took over and ironically both terminator movies start off that way. Also if you watch the Matrix and Then the first Terminator I can see where Neo would be reborn (aka john conner character) in order to save the future. then the morpheus/ john conner's father character has to find neo(john conner) before the terminator(agent smith) does, before he changes the future.

the two movies are one. and i believe she wrote it. thats why james cameron didn't want no part of terminator 3

John Conner/Neo
The Terminator/Agent Smith
Trinity/John Conner's wife in T3
Morpheus/John Conner's father in T1

bez

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »
Yeah but you could probably do that with every single film in existance.

Every film has a hero/villian and a helper. Its how a narrative works.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 11:07:03 AM »
Yeah but you could probably do that with every single film in existance.

Every film has a hero/villian and a helper. Its how a narrative works.
Yeah i guess you can say that but I kind of thing there is a connection some how. Like you said you can do that with all movies, but like a movie like "Minority Report" and  "Deja Vu`", there were kind of similar, but there is noo possibility of connection between the two. I dont know that just me though.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
the two movies are one. and i believe she wrote it. thats why james cameron didn't want no part of terminator 3

I figured he didn't want any part of it because it sucked.

I read about Sofia Stewart and her claims and while I could buy the idea of the Wachowski brothers taking her shit I don't buy the Termanitor . There had already been Terminator like stories in film, television and X-Men comic books all before Cameron or Sofia Stewart could have written the story.

In general I hate copyright and intellectual copyright laws. I don't think you can own ideas and don't like the fact that people buy and sell them. Who really invents something? How can you stop someone else from attaiing knowledge? Can it be stolen if it can't be lost?

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »

I read about Sofia Stewart and her claims and while I could buy the idea of the Wachowski brothers taking her shit I don't buy the Termanitor . There had already been Terminator like stories in film, television and X-Men comic books all before Cameron or Sofia Stewart could have written the story.

In general I hate copyright and intellectual copyright laws. I don't think you can own ideas and don't like the fact that people buy and sell them. Who really invents something? How can you stop someone else from attaiing knowledge? Can it be stolen if it can't be lost?

I thought the same thing at first... but if they really did talk to her and looked at her story years ago before they even made any of the movies then they do need to pay her and credit her for her influence on the storyline/ producing of these movies.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 08:10:14 AM »

I thought the same thing at first... but if they really did talk to her and looked at her story years ago before they even made any of the movies then they do need to pay her and credit her for her influence on the storyline/ producing of these movies.

For Matrix yeah, but not Terminator. Of course in that interview she claims had never seen or heard about what Terminator  was about until the late 90s. I find it very hard to believe that a science fictin writer in the US would not have atleast known what the concpt of Terminator was. Makes me think the whole thing is bullshit.

Anyway, like I said before, I have a problem with owning ideas. If I came up with a recipe for a sauce used for burgers and I told you how I made it and you made it and used it to get rich opening a burger store I'd have no claim on the recipe since recipe's are not protected under the law. I don't think stories should be either. In a free market the Matrix would go on and sell like it did (primarily because of special effects rather than story) and Sofia could then go to a competitor of Warner, prove to them that she wrote the story first, and then release her book with this incredible amount of free pubicity thanks to the success of the Matrix. Millions buy her book just to see how close the stories are and she gets rich. She also now becomes big name and can release more books and get more jobs. It's a win/win in my eyes and no copyright laws are needed.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:35 PM »
^^ so you don't like copy write laws? i think in some cases there are meed though.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 08:36:46 AM »
^^ so you don't like copy write laws? i think in some cases there are meed though.

I don't know. I've thought about it a lot. The only case that keeps coming back up is if you are an unknown write a story or film a movie all by yourself and a publisher or major studio just takes it and releases it, makes all the money and gives you nothing. I think even in that scenario you stand to make money on your next project simply based the publicity you get from A) having a successful project in your name, and B) getting screwed over by the distributor.

I also think unions with in the art and science communities would still exist to put pressure on the big corperations and keep them somewhat honest. I may not like unions but I respect their right to form. I don't think there should be a law against them. I just don't think there should be a law protecting ideas. I don't think you can own knowledge. I don't think you can steal what someone else can't lose.

What case do you think it is essential to have copyright laws for?