Author Topic: So I'm getting a Wii (need some info)  (Read 373 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So I'm getting a Wii (need some info)
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »
Just wanted to know a few things before getting one:
1)While connecting to the internet with my Wii, do I need to plug any cables or devices or is everything built in the console???
2)Do you need a memory card for the Wii??? Or (again) is it built in the console???
3)I plan on buying with my Wii a game, those point cards (2000 pts) & the classic Wii pad, is there anything else I should get???
4)Is it hard to play games with the Wii remote or whatever it's called. Does it make games more fun???
5)Will my Gamecube controller work with Wii Games???
6)Are the Wii games on DVDs, mini discs or what???
7)While using the internet on my Wii, will it cost me anything???
8)PAL users, do you guys have any trouble while playing the downloaded virtual console games??? Does everything run like it's supposed to???
THX to anyone who replies. Damn I can't wait! ;D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So I'm getting a Wii (need some info)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:29:53 AM »
1. It has built in internet, you do not need anything extra if you have wireless internet in your house, if you have wired internet then you need to buy an adapter to use to connect to the wii which is like $25.
2. It has built in memory which is enough to download a bunch of classic games and also to save your game, but it doesnt have a built in hardrive or anything like 360 or ps3, it has an SD slot which you can use if you run out of space, I got my wii on launch and still have a lot of memory on it.
3. no i think that should be good, maybe an extra controller so buddies can play too, but u can always get that later
4. It is not hard and i do believe that it makes games more fun, it is a totally new way of playing games!
5. Pretty much no. You can use the gamecube controller to play gamecube games (obviously) and also it will work for SOME virtual console games but not all, I also heard that you can use it in the upcoming Super smash bros game but im not sure. Compatibility is limited.
6. There the size of a dvd/cd not sure on the exact format tho
7. No, right now its totally free, you only have to pay when you want to download the old school games!
8. I live in North America so cant help you with that

The wii is a pretty sick system, i think you'll be impressed with it, what game are u planning on getting?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:15:58 AM »
Major props for helping me out. I'm probably gonna get Paper Mario or Zelda Twilight Princess, I still don't know. A huge reason why I'm getting the Wii is cause of the virtual console games. I've always been a fan of emulation & stuff like that so playing classic SNES/N64 etc. games on my TV is just great. Oh & about connecting to the internet with my Wii, is the  WiFi MAX Access Point what you're talking about??? Once again thx alot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:19:16 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »
8)PAL users, do you guys have any trouble while playing the downloaded virtual console games??? Does everything run like it's supposed to???

works fine

swangin and bangin

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
i bought the wii a few days ago
i dont have it hooked up to the net
dont have a memory card for it
all i need is wii sports
ya dig

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »

works fine
Props

all i need is wii sports
ya dig
Actually I'm not looking forward to playing Wii Sports.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 04:57:35 PM »
all i need is wii sports
ya dig
Actually I'm not looking forward to playing Wii Sports.
[/quote]wii sports is the shit
thats why i bought it
im hooked to boxing and tennis

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:07:05 PM »
Major props for helping me out. I'm probably gonna get Paper Mario or Zelda Twilight Princess, I still don't know. A huge reason why I'm getting the Wii is cause of the virtual console games. I've always been a fan of emulation & stuff like that so playing classic SNES/N64 etc. games on my TV is just great. Oh & about connecting to the internet with my Wii, is the  WiFi MAX Access Point what you're talking about??? Once again thx alot.

get mario galaxy instead of paper mario,game is amazing

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »

Paper Mario is cool, but defo go with Mario Galaxy.  Best game on Wii right now.  The only thing that sucks about downloading games, is that they only release 3 a week!  Does anyone know if and when they plan on releasing more at a time?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:51 AM »
^Yeah I watched a review of Mario Galaxy on Youtube & it looks great so I'm definitely getting that instead of Paper Mario. Thx for the help guys.