Author Topic: ***Black Wall Street Confirms The Game's Retirement Rumor***  (Read 648 times)

Elano

***Black Wall Street Confirms The Game's Retirement Rumor***
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »
After appearing onstage during a Nas performance at the House of Blues on New Year's Eve, reports have been circulating that The Game will release his third album, L.A.X. in June of 2008. During a set that included the aforementioned Nas and will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas, The Game was welcomed on stage, where he made the announcement. After performing the song "Hustlers," The Game announced that while the album will feature production from Dr. Dre, it will also be his last.
While various sites reported the rumor in the days following the New Year's Eve performance, The Los Angeles Times was the first to confirm the report in a show recap

by Giselle Zado Wasfie on Wednesday, Jan. 2. Black Wall Street Europe validated the story in a brief statement saying, "The Game made some revealing news to the people about his third and final album following up the multi-platinum West Coast banger, 'The Doctor's Advocate.' He said his new album will drop June 2008 and will be named 'LAX' not The 'D.O.C.' That's straight from the horses mouth."
The U.S. Division of Black Wall Street has no such updates on its website, and has not been updated since December 4, 2007. Representatives from The Game's label, Geffen, have yet to comment on the proposed album. Additionally, neither Dr. Dre nor anyone else from Aftermath Entertainment has commented on The Game's remarks that Dr. Dre will produce work on the album.
According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) The Game's debut album, The Documentary, has certified sales of over 2 million copies. Although the RIAA has no data on his sophomore release, The Doctor's Advocate, Billboard reports that the album sold 945,000 copies during its first two weeks of release.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ***Black Wall Street Confirms The Game's Retirement Rumor***
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 05:54:16 AM »
the album will feature production from Dr. Dre, it will also be his last.

lol, Game's full of shit as usual

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:23:06 AM »
the album will feature production from Dr. Dre, it will also be his last.

lol, Game's full of shit as usual

well, you know how it goes with rumors  ;) remember when he left aftermath? game said that dre would still produce for his album( ok maybe it did happen, but the tracks didn't make the cut. some leftovers did leak, but it was just speculation whether some of those tracks were produced by dre).

it's not that i think it's impossible for game to get dre beats on the 3rd album, it's just that Game's words aren't very reliable, like you said Robert  ;)

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »
I think this report is wrong 945,000 his first 2 weeks :-\

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:01:20 AM »
i will give game less than 2 years to come out of retirement

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Okka

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:30:23 AM »
It would be dope to see Dre producin for Game this time again.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 09:00:52 AM by Okka »

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:49:20 AM »
doubt Dre will be on it, but it would be dope if he was

and there's no way he's gonna retire, it's called PUBLICITY STUNT  8)

jbel1021

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
doubt Dre will be on it, but it would be dope if he was

and there's no way he's gonna retire, it's called PUBLICITY STUNT  8)

Exactly.

westsiderider323

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
hes prolly tryin to pull a Jay-Z
then hes gonna come bacc wit some shit albums

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
Lol...retire? Dude's been barely in the game! What a joke. I like the man's music, but as a person, he needs to get his head straight. Let's suppose that he will actually retire (I don't believe he will), what is he gonna live off? I don't believe that he's got millions on his bank account to no longer work.

Lazar

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »
hes prolly tryin to pull a Jay-Z

Lol, yeah. In 2010 we will read something like: After listening to "Detox", which finally released this year, rapper The Game says that he will go back to the studio to work on his comeback album, which is inspired by Dr. Dre´s long-awaited record. Game will name his fourth studio-album "Detoxing the Game" and says the record is full produced by Dre himself

8)

Mister Lepht

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
All it is is that Game had like 5 beats from Dre in the first place... so hes capable of making 5 dre songs.. no matter when he releases them or if he usses the beats at all.. its not like he is currently working with Dre.. 

I hope he does retire... the dude is a fucking joke..

Scoldie

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »
"Said She Wont, But She'll (he'll) Be Back Next Summer"-The Game From My Bitch... I kno its bout Jay z, but it could stand true for him too

SAINTX3

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 09:56:13 AM »
You never know who to believe these days...fuck. I would hope that Game means what he says. He needs to get back in the lab with Dr. Dre and hammer out some classic shit. I hear he was working with DJ Quik on his new record as well...between the two I don't see a failure in sight...hopefully it all works out. He should get a beat or two from Battlecat also. I don't understand how someone thats currently not even 3 albums into a career would try and "announce" a retirement...retirement from WHAT??? To retire is to actually put in some serious work and then call it quits....his savior Dr. Dre has been making music for 20+ years and still going...how the fuck is Game gonna cop an attitude like he some vet in this shit....10 more years nigga, then you can cock your head to the side and act hard. Until then, keep your nose to grind stone. I don't think we've heard enough of Game yet....

messi19

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
You never know who to believe these days...fuck. I would hope that Game means what he says. He needs to get back in the lab with Dr. Dre and hammer out some classic shit. I hear he was working with DJ Quik on his new record as well...between the two I don't see a failure in sight...hopefully it all works out. He should get a beat or two from Battlecat also. I don't understand how someone thats currently not even 3 albums into a career would try and "announce" a retirement...retirement from WHAT??? To retire is to actually put in some serious work and then call it quits....his savior Dr. Dre has been making music for 20+ years and still going...how the fuck is Game gonna cop an attitude like he some vet in this shit....10 more years nigga, then you can cock your head to the side and act hard. Until then, keep your nose to grind stone. I don't think we've heard enough of Game yet....

So if he wanna retire it has to be somethin bout his attitude? Maybe he's just tired of the bullshit industry cuz u know how it is. Maybe dude wanna stay wit his family and straight'n shit out.