Author Topic: The Official "The Wire" Season 5 Discussion Thread  (Read 731 times)

wcsoldier

The Official "The Wire" Season 5 Discussion Thread
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
As you know , 1st episode airs out today on HBO .. let's discuss the Season 5 here...

PS : For those who have already watched some episodes who leaked onto the net .. please respect the TV schedule .. don't talk about episodes who haven't been showed on TV yet .. thanks

We Fly High

Re: The Official "The Wire" Season 5 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 02:15:40 AM »
I might have to order HBO tomorrow, just so that I can catch this season. Been relgiously watching it since season 1.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »
I like this show, not as good as the sopranos but its preety good hbo allways comes with the good shit.

Joseph Bonanno

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • My library = triller than yours
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:21:24 PM »
I watched the 1st and 2nd episode already, they have 5,6,7 on boxden but 3&4 are on some bermuda triangle shit people are going crazy trying to uneath them, all this talk about bootleggers having it and such, im not about to skip episodes on the last season of the show.

btw, episode 1 and 2 are good and things look like they will heat up really quickly marlo is a scheming bastard

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »
THE WIRE catch-up. 4 seasons in 4 minutes

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 11:36:55 AM »
I like this show, not as good as the sopranos but its preety good hbo allways comes with the good shit.

I think it's way better than the Sopranos. Sopranos has better comedy and more drama like storylines but the Wire is so much more than just entertainment. It breaks down the problems of the American city with such subtlely and incredible realism. Sopranos is a great story of one man and his journey, but it suffers a lot in the middle with waste of time storylines, episodes that had no business airing, changes in charaters. Even Tony isn't the same character he was in the very beginning. His voice and accent becomes different.

And as the technology progressed the upgrade in cameras and such make the first seasons look bad next to the later seasons. Wire's lack of mainstream success was a blessing in that regard because it all looks like one big movie, one big novel. There is no Tony Soprano. McNulty is just another aquaintance of the true main character; Baltimore, which is a symbol for the American city. One day more shows will come and they'll be better than The Wire but until then Wre's got the crown.

I watched the 1st and 2nd episode already, they have 5,6,7 on boxden but 3&4 are on some bermuda triangle shit people are going crazy trying to uneath them, all this talk about bootleggers having it and such, im not about to skip episodes on the last season of the show.

btw, episode 1 and 2 are good and things look like they will heat up really quickly marlo is a scheming bastard

I couldn't help myself. I wanted to wait but I had to watch episodes 5, 6, and 7.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:32 AM »
^^^^ a friend of mine did the same and he regrets it BAD coz apparently major things happened in 3 and 4..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
^^^^ a friend of mine did the same and he regrets it BAD coz apparently major things happened in 3 and 4..

I had already read spoilers a while back by accident. I didn't know they were spoilers so I already knew of the major happenings in the early part of the season. What I really regret is how long I'll now have to wait for episodes 8, 9, and 10.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »
I'm avoiding spoilers too.... I enjoy kicking my feet up, grabbing a beer and watching it on Sunday's without knowing what's going to happen. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
i would like to see pooh (bodies man) return this season.. and also find out what happened to the namond from season 4.. i'd also like to see someone finally kill omar (michael, chris or snoop.. i dont mind)
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 07:43:46 AM »
i would like to see pooh (bodies man) return this season.. and also find out what happened to the namond from season 4.. i'd also like to see someone finally kill omar (michael, chris or snoop.. i dont mind)

I'd rather Omar kill all three of them, then go to jail on murder.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »
I turned it on tonite and it was a repeat, i was looking forward to a new episode.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 08:06:21 PM »

btw what episode is your gif from?

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »
I turned it on tonite and it was a repeat, i was looking forward to a new episode.

You're trippin', b.

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
Does anyone know where i can watch or download seasons 1-4.Ive seen a few episodes here and there,the show is dope but i dont want to continue watching without knowing the full story.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!