Author Topic: Other rappers opinion on Jay's "American Gangster"  (Read 856 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Other rappers opinion on Jay's "American Gangster"
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
Hi-Tek:

Jay-Z is a true artist. Most rappers can't even understand what it takes to do a concept album! To be able to capture a moment in time is what music is all about! Thumbs up! I got to say with Jay, I just like his focus on the music and how he is able to capture a moment in time and really bring it out. A lot of people don’t really understand concept albums. It’s really who you are as an artist in this music industry, a lot of people just caught up in personal [stuff] and the drama. I think Jay just being a talented person and where he came from and what he did with the album is just beautiful. It teaches other artists how to make a dope concept album and still keep it Hip-Hop and music at the same time.

Was he listening to the same album I was? Or is he looking for a job?

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
^That's his opinion.....You Need to remember that!!
You have yours and by your response is quite clearly in contrast to Hi-tek's

It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »
As far as concept albums go. Just off the top of my head:

Black Trash: The Autobiography of Kirk Jones >>>>> American Gangster

And as far as those opinions were, some people were genuine and you could tell. Others were kissing major ass.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Okka

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
As far as concept albums go. Just off the top of my head:

Black Trash: The Autobiography of Kirk Jones >>>>> American Gangster

Hell muthafuckin yeah! A true classic, "American Gangster" ain't touchin this album...

Method Man

No comment. -

:D

D~Nice

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »
I thought it was alot better then Kingdom Come, but something was still missing from that album. Beats were ehh.

herpes

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
Hi-Tek:

Jay-Z is a true artist. Most rappers can't even understand what it takes to do a concept album! To be able to capture a moment in time is what music is all about! Thumbs up! I got to say with Jay, I just like his focus on the music and how he is able to capture a moment in time and really bring it out. A lot of people don’t really understand concept albums. It’s really who you are as an artist in this music industry, a lot of people just caught up in personal [stuff] and the drama. I think Jay just being a talented person and where he came from and what he did with the album is just beautiful. It teaches other artists how to make a dope concept album and still keep it Hip-Hop and music at the same time.

Was he listening to the same album I was? Or is he looking for a job?

I dont think I have ever seen you say anything good about rap music.  Do you even listen to it ?

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
lol @ this album being a classic. yeah if we put it up next to D4L or britney spears blackout but it ain't seeing any rap classics anytime soon.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
honestly i liked kingdom come more. the best of that album >>> the best of this album, but it had worse lows.

Everything on AG sounds the same, its cool - but there's nothing you can just throw on, imo.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »
Did Method man have no comment because of a situation at Def Jam???

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 04:28:40 AM »
Can't rappers make decent sentences and argue correctly about something  ::)

"I liked it, I didn’t love it. Now I’m starting to really really like it now. I don’t know about loving it. -"

Just WOW

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 05:51:20 AM »
Can anybody explain to me why this is called a Concept album ??? Album wasnt bad, 8/10, but i dont get how the fuck its a concept album isnt it just jay chatting the same hustling shit he always does?

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 07:25:38 AM »
^^^^ that wasn't a concept album .. just because Jay said it was a concept album , people think it is ... the purpose is to make you  believe artists are more talented than they are .. same goes for Hip Hop is dead , Nigger Noize, Pope Mobile .. the subject is adressed in 3-4 songs but as a whole the so called concept isn't there

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 07:30:25 AM »
honestly i liked kingdom come more. the best of that album >>> the best of this album, but it had worse lows.

Everything on AG sounds the same, its cool - but there's nothing you can just throw on, imo.

Alchemist

" I like that he didn't give a f*** about what's hot right now and just made a straight Hip-Hop album with no obvious radio/video jugular attempts, but with an underlying theme"

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
^^^^ that wasn't a concept album .. just because Jay said it was a concept album , people think it is ... the purpose is to make you  believe artists are more talented than they are .. same goes for Hip Hop is dead , Nigger Noize, Pope Mobile .. the subject is adressed in 3-4 songs but as a whole the so called concept isn't there

Ino but it just pisses me off when every1's like r Jay's 'concept' album, its like fucking hell, its not a concept album! lol