Author Topic: What's so special/great about this movie ?  (Read 563 times)

Elano

What's so special/great about this movie ?
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »

Its hyped as hell,but i can't find nothing special about it....

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: What's so special/great about this movie ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:51:05 AM »
it's denzel, therefore it's going to get all sorts of hype regardless

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Elano

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:56:01 AM »
everywhere i read something about this movie,they talks about oscars and amazing performances.....but from the trailer this movie looks boring as hell.
i don't know what to think about the movie biz these days....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:59:32 AM »
everywhere i read something about this movie,they talks about oscars and amazing performances.....but from the trailer this movie looks boring as hell.
i don't know what to think about the movie biz these days....
So your basing your opinion on a movie trailer? Come on, man.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
lol isn't taht what trailers are for though? they're there to help form an opinion.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Elano

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:43:55 AM »
lol isn't taht what trailers are for though? they're there to help form an opinion.

Ya

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 05:54:54 AM »
Imo trailers are made to sell the movie BEFORE all others things , it's a marketing move .. if you can make a really good trailer even out of a bad film, you're going to earn a shiltoad of audience .. trailers are here to gain attention and devlop the people desire to go to see the movie .. I agree that it helps to confirm (or unconfirm) your "preview" thoughts about the dopeness of the film but in no way I'm gonna judge a film or go to the theaters just because of a trailer ..

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 06:18:35 AM »
Trailors are fishy.

Example: The Village. Watching the trailer you were expecting a dope horror flick but then you got a bunch of farmers who are upset that their weekly supply of potatos didn't come through.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »
^ man, am i the only one that loved that movie, i thought it was genious

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »

Ya

lol lmao

Elano

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »
Imo trailers are made to sell the movie BEFORE all others things , it's a marketing move .. if you can make a really good trailer even out of a bad film, you're going to earn a shiltoad of audience .. trailers are here to gain attention and devlop the people desire to go to see the movie .. I agree that it helps to confirm (or unconfirm) your "preview" thoughts about the dopeness of the film but in no way I'm gonna judge a film or go to the theaters just because of a trailer ..

If a movie looks boring from the trailer,sure it will not be different when you'll see the whole movie

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 02:55:19 PM »

If a movie looks boring from the trailer,sure it will not be different when you'll see the whole movie

Wrong, again.

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »
its borning and i would not pay to c that

Elano

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 01:21:46 AM »

Wrong, again.

'Cause you said so ?
 :D :D :D :D

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 05:32:37 AM »
I don't think there is any hype at all.  A lot of people feel that it's a good movie but it's directed in a very boring way.  You kinda get that feeling with the trailer, but sometimes the trailer looks shitty but the movie is actually pretty good.  A good recent example is Walk Hard.  The thing that sucks about trailers is that some of them give way too much information, and kinda ruins the movie.  I usually stay away from trailers.