Author Topic: 2 Underrated Players...  (Read 783 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
2 Underrated Players...
« on: January 14, 2008, 09:41:48 PM »
Kevin Martin and John Salmons are for real!!! These two guys basically beat the Mavs by themselves. Amazing performance by these two tonight. K Mart coming off the injury hasn't missed a beat and where on Earth did Salmons come from??? He was nobody before the Kings.

K Mart - 39 pts 14/16 shooting

Salmons - edit: 22, 4 and 4, game winning shot, multiple amazing performances this year
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 09:52:10 PM by Turf Hitta »

WC Iz Active

Re: 2 Underrated Players...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
THE KINGS ARE FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!

Just finished the game, KMART with 39!!!!,  Salmons GW!!!!!!

The Kings would easily be a top 4 or 5 seed right now if they didnt have the most injurys of all time like they have had so far,  and they will make the playoffs this year!

Kings have so much heart!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
I was about to mention the Kings and Kevin Martin. 39 points on 14 of 16 shooting, and a crucial 3-point play at the end of the game!! This was still without Artest and Bibby, and they get a win over one of the elite teams in the league. A few people have been ridiculed for saying the Kings are a playoff team if healthy, but I don't think there is any doubt that they would be in the race if they were. It will be tough because the West is so tough, but Martin has played GREAT these 2 games since coming back.
I got a bird's eye view

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
I said it before, the Kings need to trade Artest.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »
no way. They will never be able to get even close to equal talent in return for him.  if anything they should think about trading Bibby which they have been.  LOL at trading Artest, that makes no sense.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »

They absolutely do. The trouble is going to be getting anything of value. The only solution is to take advantage of Zeke one last time before he is fired. I'm also starting to question whether or not they would be better off without Bibby. Udrih has emerged as a high quality pg in his own right. I think if you can get an expiring contract and a 1st rd pick you do it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 09:58:15 PM »
no way. They will never be able to get even close to equal talent in return for him.  if anything they should think about trading Bibby which they have been.  LOL at trading Artest, that makes no sense.

Do you know what you're talking about? How does that make no sense? Salmons can't flourish with Artest in the line-up. You gotta trade one or the other, and Salmons has a higher ceiling/lower trade value, so you go with the obvious choice in Artest...and like I said before, it's not like his heart is in Sac-town to begin with. Trade him while you still can.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:17 PM »

They absolutely do. The trouble is going to be getting anything of value. The only solution is to take advantage of Zeke one last time before he is fired. I'm also starting to question whether or not they would be better off without Bibby. Udrih has emerged as a high quality pg in his own right. I think if you can get an expiring contract and a 1st rd pick you do it.

Udrih should be a back-up, at best. He's been overachieving. Bibby is subsiding, but he's still the better point guard.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »

There are definitely advantages to having Artest with the team, but I think that the negatives outweigh the positives. The biggest negative is he WANTS to be in NY. He wants out of Sac. That can't be good for chemistry and team morale. John Salmons is more than capable at the 3 and Artest on the floor means less time for Salmons who deserves to be the starting 3, and less time for Garcia who has also proven to be very valuable.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »

Udrih should be a back-up, at best. He's been overachieving. Bibby is subsiding, but he's still the better point guard.

True, he is a backup, but he's a borderline starter and Bibby is in entering the backend of his prime and is owed a lot of money which is too much for his production (based on last year). Udrih could be a capable short term stop gap at the starting pg spot. There is a number of high quality pgs coming up in this draft. One could be selected with the Kings pick, or if they were to move Bibby in a deal like the one I suggested, they might be able to package their own pick (which is likely to be a lottery pick) with the pick they acquire in the trade to trade up in the draft and land a top tier prosepct like a Rose, Gordon, Mayo or Collison, etc. This season for the Kings is about building a solid foundation for the future, which unfortunately, Bibby just probably is not a part of when you factor in his age and recent injury history.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 10:29:45 PM »
Yeah I like Salmons. The Kings need to trade Artest while they still can and get some pieces to build around Salmons and Kevin Martin. I'd trade Bibby too but not sure what they can get for him (they want to send him to Miami for Haslem but Riles ain't goin for it).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »
Turf Hitta...I take back putting you on SGV's level. You might act stubborn here and there, but at least you sound like you know your basketball.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »
I just dont understand trading Artest unless you absolutely have to and I don't think the Kings are in that situation yet.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
I just dont understand trading Artest unless you absolutely have to and I don't think the Kings are in that situation yet.

Lets see...they have 6 very talented guards all fighting for playing time. They're way out of the playoff race. They're rebuilding. Not to mention, they have a guy who plays like an all-star when Artest is out of the line-up in Salmons. Sure seems to me like they're in that situation.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 01:54:02 AM »
Turf Hitta...I take back putting you on SGV's level. You might act stubborn here and there, but at least you sound like you know your basketball.

LOL. I have no problem with you or SGV but I'll take it as a compliment.