Author Topic: I love HD and I love my Hd setup however....  (Read 416 times)

WC Iz Active

I love HD and I love my Hd setup however....
« on: January 18, 2008, 12:27:40 PM »
The only thing that sucks is Non-HD stuff on a  HDTV looks pretty bad.  When I watch a HD channel from Direct Tv or a Hd Dvd or Blu-Ray the picture is incredible and so amazing, but when I watch a channel that is not hd or certain dvds that arent in High Definition it looks bad. 

I have talked to alot of people and they said this is just the way it is,  Im not complaining cause the HD stuff is out of this world but it just sucks cause Pacer and Kings games arent in hd so the games look pretty shitty as does some of my King of Queens and Curb Your Enthusiam dvds aswell.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: I love HD and I love my Hd setup however....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 01:55:25 PM »
yeah i have regular ass cable so shit looks very bad, i don't have any HD channels so shit is very wack when i watch tv.
but i don't know what you mean about regular dvd's though. i mean it doesn't look like my blu rays but it still looks really good.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »
yeah i have regular ass cable so shit looks very bad, i don't have any HD channels so shit is very wack when i watch tv.
but i don't know what you mean about regular dvd's though. i mean it doesn't look like my blu rays but it still looks really good.

Yeah its weird.  my regular dvd movies look good on the hdtv, not like blu-ray but still good but for some reason certain tv series dvd's dont look that great.  Like Curb, and the older seasons of King of Queens.  and then for example I watched the regular dvd for Christmas Vacation on the hdtv and it looked horrible.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
play with the aspect ratio (i put in some older dvd's and i see what you mean). i want to hook up a regular dvd player with components to see if maybe that'll help.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:29:38 PM »
Get a better TV. My panny plasma looks great in SD and HD. Way better then the old tubes i used to have.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »
^how big is your tv

WC Iz Active

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:33:17 PM »
Get a better TV. My panny plasma looks great in SD and HD. Way better then the old tubes i used to have.

Most of my SD dvd's look great its just some of the older ones dont.  and my tv is a Toshiba LCD HDTV,  it might not be Samsung or Sony but my TV was reviewed pretty well, I think its just a problem that you have to deal with,  old standard dvds arent gona look that great on a hdtv.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:44:47 PM »

Yeah its weird.  my regular dvd movies look good on the hdtv, not like blu-ray but still good but for some reason certain tv series dvd's dont look that great.  Like Curb, and the older seasons of King of Queens.  and then for example I watched the regular dvd for Christmas Vacation on the hdtv and it looked horrible.

it's probably the way the original footage was filmed...cuz i put in an olllllllllld dvd , goodfellas (the first edition when dvd's first came out) and bram stoker's dracula (1st ed too) .
when i have set up all HD'd out it looks weird and grainy, but all you have to do is set it to standard Definition and it looks fine.

also if you don't have the option jsut play with the aspect ratio, 4:3 makes the picture look good as well.

i don't have time to dig up my old dvd player with the components....but i think if you run it like that it'll  make a difference because if you're running HDMI's the picture is probably trying to overcompensate for the "poor" source it's coming from.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

Most of my SD dvd's look great its just some of the older ones dont.  and my tv is a Toshiba LCD HDTV,  it might not be Samsung or Sony but my TV was reviewed pretty well, I think its just a problem that you have to deal with,  old standard dvds arent gona look that great on a hdtv.

yeah man , you'll be ok, i have a panasonic plasma like the other dude, it's just a matter of how you run stuff. you just got to remember it's all about the original source and how you run your stuff to project it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
ok awesome example:

season 1 of the simpsons........very grainy and weird when i play it through hdmi'd blu ray player

BUT the simpson's movie looks very good onthe same set up.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 02:53:43 PM »
ok thx.

so say I want to watch the first season of King of Queens, I still watch it through my hd dvd player (which is run with hdmi) but I adjust the tv settings?, but what settings do I do??

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
i don't know how your tv works but on mine it'll let you go from HD to SD on the settings.

if anything try runningyour old dvd with components.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 04:50:25 PM »
^how big is your tv

42 and a 50 with the 50 obviously having the better picture of the two.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »
i hooked up my HD cable box to my PC via Firewire it let me watch and record HD and SD content right to my hard drive

and to think the cable company wanted to charge me more per month to get a DVR box fuck that glad i just settled for the regular HD box

i'm looking to get a nice sized wide screen HD TV/ Monitor soon in the 26"-42" range

thinking maybe panasonic or samsung i always see them on sale at Frys

what yall think?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »
if you're going to get an lcd...samsung fo so' ;but plasma, the best is pioneer and panasonic