Author Topic: The most underrated Point Guard in the NBA is without a doubt ...  (Read 635 times)

wcsoldier

Jose Calderon.. 50 percent on FG, 42 on three, 91 on FT, clutch down the stretch AND the best assists/TO ratio, 8,5 assists/1.5 TO .. only 1.5 TO is insane for a PG who plays 30+ min a game ... Im not surprised coz Ive watched him for years with Spain but yall USA folks shouldnt sleep on him ..

PLANT

Re: The most underrated Point Guard in the NBA is without a doubt ...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:08:43 AM »
its been great watching Jose play this season.  Theres no way TJ Ford will be the starter on this team when he comes back from injury.  Calderon is a borderline allstar right now.

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:35:01 AM »
Ive been watching some Raptors game this season on League pass ... this team should have a better record .. imo your team should trade Bargani or whatever you write it .. dude is a cancer for this team .. he keeps shootin a weak percentage , cant D , cant rebound .. the team offense is way better without his off the flow offense shots he keeps takin ...  trade him for a true interior, hes just a very cheap version of Dirk .. him and your inability of defending the number 2 and 3 position are your 2 big weaknesses ... but imo Toronto has the potential and should be number 3 in this Conf WITHOUT A DOUBT

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »
Ive been watching some Raptors game this season on League pass ... this team should have a better record .. imo your team should trade Bargani or whatever you write it .. dude is a cancer for this team .. he keeps shootin a weak percentage , cant D , cant rebound .. the team offense is way better without his off the flow offense shots he keeps takin ...  trade him for a true interior, hes just a very cheap version of Dirk .. him and your inability of defending the number 2 and 3 position are your 2 big weaknesses ... but imo Toronto has the potential and should be number 3 in this Conf WITHOUT A DOUBT
for sure, I think Colangelo IS going to make a deal at some point this season.  You could see Bargnani, Jaun Dixon, Joey Graham or possibly even TJ Ford involved.  But yea I agree we have the potential to be a lot better than our record shows.  We just need to get on a 5+ game winning steak and we havnt been able to do that yet this season.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 11:35:27 AM »
Come on, now...He's good, but some people actually OVERRATE him, all because of his assist/turnover ratio... he simply doesn't take many chances, sometimes leaving the Raptor offense looking very stagnant. He can't penetrate like TJ Ford and he pulls back on the fast break way too often. That's why they've been losing. They need Ford back desperately...I think Calderon is good, but Ford should definitely step right back into the starting role when he returns...the Raptors need it...PeACe

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 04:42:35 PM »
Calderon is definitely pretty good. He is a great shooter and does run the offense pretty well. But I think the most underrated pg in the league is Udrih. Last couple years he was just that guy at the end of the Spurs bench, but now that he is in a starting role, he's doing some very good things for Sac. Hell, he hs Bibby relegated to bench duty and Bibby hasn't been a bench guy for any team since he was in the 9th grade.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 04:48:52 PM »
Yeah I agree on him being the most underrated PG.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:16:19 PM »
Calderon is definitely pretty good. He is a great shooter and does run the offense pretty well. But I think the most underrated pg in the league is Udrih. Last couple years he was just that guy at the end of the Spurs bench, but now that he is in a starting role, he's doing some very good things for Sac. Hell, he hs Bibby relegated to bench duty and Bibby hasn't been a bench guy for any team since he was in the 9th grade.

Yea...Udrih's definitely been a surprise. I think the most underrated PG right now is Deron Williams, though. Arguably the best PG in the league, and no all-star votes? Damn.

tempo2

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 01:11:10 AM »
lol at deron williams being underatted. every body inclduing all media guys were on his dick in last years playoffs. calderon is having great year, people always talk about a persons weaknesses but dont see the pluses so well, his assist to turnover ration is set to break the nba record, it aint good its the best of all time. He shoots the ball as well as steve nash (check the stats) and also plays decent D. I was quite suprised when a seen his height and weight on nba.com. his got very good size for a point guard. And calderon is "still" learning the nba game.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »

Yea...Udrih's definitely been a surprise. I think the most underrated PG right now is Deron Williams, though. Arguably the best PG in the league, and no all-star votes? Damn.

I don't know that I would call him underrated. It seems to me that the consensus among knowledgeable basketball fans is that he is one of the top pgs in the league. You can't really go by AS votes because thats like the "most overrated player contest" and the vast majority of the voters don't have much of a basketball mind anyway. Williams is definitely not overrated, but I can't honestly convince myself that he's underrated either.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=165322.0

check out the western conference guards on that list.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
Beno is playin great...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »
yea def calderon
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »
I don't know about under-rated, But one of my fav's is M. Bibby.
Even tho he's been injury prone latley, Dude can flat out shoot the pill & light up a scoreboard.

Bibby is one of the best out there, the western conf has the guard game on LOCK