Author Topic: Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2 (A LOT of real talk!)  (Read 210 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2 (A LOT of real talk!)
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:04:54 PM »
www.dubcnn.com

It's time for Part 2 of our in-depth interview with the Underground King Bun B! After we discussed the passing of his partner and friend Pimp C and Bun's new solo album "II Trill" in Part 1, we talk about the possibility of a new UGK album with unreleased material on it, as well as some more details on "II Trill".

Most importantly though, Bun Bkicks a lot of knowledge in this part. No joke, everybody needs to pick up on some of the game he's lacing ya'll with on this interview. From his predictions for 2008, the digital era, rappers relying on their MySpace pages to blow up, which artists he's feeling right now, the future of music, the reality in the hoods and much more.

Don't sleep, read or listen to part 2 of this interview below:

Exclusive Interview With Bun B (Part 2) (January '08)

Send your feedback to nima@dubcnn.com or let us know what you think on the dubcc forums.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Bun B on Dubcnn: The Interview - Part 2 (A LOT of real talk!)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »
this is dope as hell, do NOT SLEEP!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

bwstakeover

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
cant ur hoe ass post in txt? fuck i worng with niggaz in this forum.... :(

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:35:33 PM »
wow you got a lot of negativity to share man....

is this easier for you: www.dubcnn.com/interviews/bunb08-part2 ?

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »
NICE... REPPIN' FOR CRUCIAL CONFLICT... AND YES THAT ALBUM IS A BANGER!!!! SHIT IS AWESOME.. Y'ALL NEED TO CHECK IT OUT... WAIT... GOT GET IT NEXT WEEK..... DROPPIN'  JAN. 29.....

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »
Here's a few quotes from the interview for you lazu muthafuckas. Oh yeah and Bun's still keeping up with the Hip-Hop Weekly's, he mentions it in the interview.

For you lazy muthafuckas here's a few quotes from the interview:

"Getting started on "Trill" was one of the worst periods in my life, because I didn't really wanna accept that I was going to have to make music without Chad [Pimp C], which was a hard pill to swallow by itself. And because Pimp was the producer for most of the music, he held the responsibility for a lot of the music, with Pimp not being in the equation, I held the responsibility, which was a little bit of pressure and anxiety within its muthafuckin' self. "

" The UGK album is definitely going to be happening! As far as beyond that, I can't really speak on that. "

"So anybody that's got a problem with radio and Hip-Hop right now, I don't see the trend of what's selling just changing right off the bat. I think people are going to start accepting the fact that they can make some money from rap, and not necessarily to moving scan units. Everybody got problems with digital sales, but there are people who are selling a lot of digital record, and that's the future of music, not just the future of rap music, that's the future of music! So you might as well get on the fuckin' train! "

" The artists who are getting played have no say as to who doesn't get play! So why get mad at the kid that's number 1, because your guy isn't number 1? The guy who's number has nothing to do with whether your guy is number 1! You know what I'm saying? A lot of people are mad, they have this anger, they wanna be mad at somebody, but they don't really know who to be mad at! If you're a consumer, you gotta be mad at yourself!"

"But I will say this, in 2008, don't rely on your MySpace page to connect you to your people! That's a very big problem that a lot of artists are having. People think that because they have friends or whatever, like "I got 150,000 friends on MySpace!". Okay, so does Bobby down the street! What's the fuckin' difference?! Cause at the end of the day, we know how many artists are really controlling their MySpace pages and how many aren't. So are you really connecting to the people? Do you really have time to talk back and forth with 150,000 people online? Fuck no! But Bobby down the street does, though! *laughs* It's like, let's be real! I'm not saying fuck MySpace, but fuck thinking that MySpace is going to save your career! You getting your ass in a car on the road is going to save your career.

MySpace keeps you aware of where your career stands. MySpace helps you be aware of how many people still fuck with you. But you can't MySpace beat-em-over-the-head, cause you're not the only fuckin' friend they got! You're not the only artist, just because they're on your page. Muthafuckas probably got a thousand artists in their profile. You gotta get out there and physically touch these people, that's all it is to it. But if you think that 150,000 MySpace friends equals 150,000 sales, you're blind, buddy! *laughs* "

just a few quotes..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
NICE... REPPIN' FOR CRUCIAL CONFLICT... AND YES THAT ALBUM IS A BANGER!!!! SHIT IS AWESOME.. Y'ALL NEED TO CHECK IT OUT... WAIT... GOT GET IT NEXT WEEK..... DROPPIN'  JAN. 29.....

Yeah I'ma have to cop that off the strength of what Bun said.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »
had to drop some more props in here, tight ass interview!

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
bun the realest dude in the industry!!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:36:17 PM »
Damn that was a dope interview, propz Nima!!!

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:04:07 AM »
had to drop some more props in here, tight ass interview!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »
Damn that was a dope interview, propz Nima!!!

Good lookin, appreciate the feedback.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
Bump this shit!!!