Author Topic: GREAT WESTCOAST MC THAT DOESNT HAVE 2 CLASSIC ALBUMS ????  (Read 496 times)

Paul

Re: GREAT WESTCOAST MC THAT DOESNT HAVE 2 CLASSIC ALBUMS ????
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 02:22:36 PM »
Game would fit in that catagory. LMAO>

wack mc who have released 2 so called classic albums?

i know its a joke
funkyfreshintheflesh

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 09:24:30 AM »
Now this is a better thread because almost everybody from the west that been in the game for a minute has a classic album , what about 2 classics ????

MAC MALL - UNTOUCHABLE,1 HIT WONDER,HE WAS COOL TO!!!!

MC REN - His solo shit didnt blow like Dr.Dre's & EAZY E's albums but he was always my favorite NWA- MC !!!!! SHOCK OF THE HOUR was Dope , the others albums only have a few good songs !!!!!!!
Wow you don't have a clue about anything

Mac Mall's Illegal Business was BETTER thanuntouchable..
FIXED

MC REN - His solo shit didnt blow like Dr.Dre's & EAZY E's albums but he was always my favorite NWA- MC !!!!! SHOCK OF THE HOUR was Dope , the others albums only have a few good songs !!!!!!!

I totally agree... MC Ren has always been one of those emcees that let me down the greatest through the years. However, I still bump Ruthless 4 Life on occasion.
ya'll are both fucking crazy. Shock of the Hour, Villain in Black, and Kizz My Black Ass are all top notch.

Letīs go by this dudeīs logic for a minute.
MC Ren best selling release to date is Kizz My Black Azz,so by your logic thatīs means itīs better than your favorite Shock Of The Hour?.
Next up Mac Mall,Illegal Business is the only Mac Mall album thatīs regardet as a overall classic by Hip Hop critics,yeah it only got 3.5 mics in biased ass The Source,but the rest of the Hip Hop media reckonized it as the classic it is.
If your so obsessed with sales and radio play,you might be shocked that the indy release Illegal Business 2000 is the most successful. The single Wide Open got mad radio play and is his BIGGEST hit. Untouchable is your personal classic,nothing more,nothing less. ....and the clown comment was uncalled for. He got a different opinion thatīs all.

Now to my personal opinion,since Mac Mallīs Illegal Business is the only one of these albumīs that is regardet as a overall classic.
I would consider both the Illegal Business joints personal classics,Khayree and Mac Mall is a dope combo.
Untouchable is very unconsistend,yeah both Khayree and Cold187um came tight but rest of the beats didnīt really go with the flow of the album.
The only one of MC Ren releases thatīs flawless is Kizz My Black Azz,but then again itīs an EP.
I love both Shock Of The Hour and Villian In Black but thereīs a couple of tracks on both that got to go.
That said,I still consider Renīs first three releases personal classics and pump them all the time.
When it comes down to it sales donīt mean shit and fuck them biased ass Hip Hop critics.
Skills pay the bills

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mc_ren
MC Ren

Kizz My Black Azz Personal CLASSIC
Chart Positions: #12 US, Top #10 R&B/Hip-Hop
Last RIAA certification: Platinum

Shock of the hour Personal CLASSIC
Platinum
Chart Positions: #22 US, #1 R&B/Hip-Hop

The Villain in Black Personal CLASSIC
Gold
Chart Positions: #31 US, #7 R&B/Hip-Hop

Mac Mall

Illegal Business Personal CLASSIC

Untouchable Dope album

Illegal Business 2000 Personal CLASSIC

First off THE TOPIC IS WHAT GREAT WESTCOAST MC , NEVER HAD TWO CLASSIC'S , AND MAC MALL ONLY HAS 1 , UNTOUCHABLE  HANDS DOWN !!!!  MC REN SHOCK OF THE HOUS IS A CLASSIC ,  KIZZ MY BLACK ASS IS UNCONSISTENT ,  What albums were you lisening to ??? 

Hey thatīs your opinion. You got your personal classics. So do I.
So take it eazy.
What is this thread about?
Your opinion or the overall Hip Hop media opinion?
Donīt make me bring out the reviews these albums got,ooooooohhhh,I forgot you was to young to be around when these albums got released,so you could up pick The Source,Rap Pages,Hip Hop Connection,Rap Sheet,The Bomb,4080 magazine etc. and READ for yourself what the overall Hip Hop media opinion on these albums was.
Wak ass Hip Hop Connection gave your favorite MC Ren album shocking one "mic",the other magazines gave it around 3-3.5,but does this means I got to agree with them?? No,I still pump the album,itīs fucking dope,but thatīs my opinion.
Kizz My Black Azz,well the overall Hip Hop media critics of that album around that time was 3.5-4 "micīs".
But going by your logic,since itīs his most successful release,it got to be his best right?
OOOOHHHHH,I forgot that it conflict with your opinion about Mac Mallīs albumīs.
The overall Hip Hop media critics opinion on his albums is theyīre all average 3-3.5 besides Illegal Business wich at the time got rave reviews,the only magazine that didnīt give it 4.5-5 was The Source,they gave the album 2.5 in theyīre review but they upgraded it the next month calling it a print error.
So there you have it.... whatīs the tread about again???? Your opinion or the overall Hip Hop media critics opinion?

MC Ren Shock Of The Hour review The Source Magazine No.53 Feb.1994

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1052866654&size=l

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1053312256&size=l

Now for the REAL shock of the hour. HHC gave Renīs album a whooping 1 "mic" out of 5. WTF? Fuck Em!

40 MC Ren; Shock of the hour review Hip Hop Connection

Mac Mall review The Source Magazine No.53 Feb.1994

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1052389371&size=l
Rating fixed;

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1052866830&size=l

Mac Mall review The Bomb Magazine No.22 September.1993

Mac Mall; untouchable review in The Source May 1996 NO.80

^^^^^^^^
Here go your "classic" theory  :laugh:

westside159

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Thank you for posting the album ratings , and proving my point ,  Mac Mall - Untouchable 3.5 mics and ilegal biz - 2.5 mics  !!!  Shock of the  hour 3.5 mics  8) 8)

RAIDErs of the lost ark

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:32 AM »
Thank you for posting the album ratings , and proving my point ,
Mac Mall - Untouchable 3.5 mics and ilegal biz - 2.5 mics!!!

You can read canīt you?  :P

Rating fixed;

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1052866830&size=l

^^^^^
That means it got 3.5  ;)

Mac Mall review The Bomb Magazine No.22 September.1993

^^^^^
That review equals bay area classic

So what you got to say now?

Shock of the  hour 3.5 mics  8) 8)

40 MC Ren; Shock of the hour review Hip Hop Connection

^^^^^^^ 1 mic  :-X :P >:(

Iīm sure I got a Rap pages review,will see if I can locate it.
I believe they gave it around 3.5.
If you add up the ratings from those three mags it should end up somewhere around 2-2.5.
Far from classic,do I agree?
Hell NO,
I consider all those albums personal classics.
Thatīs all those albums is going to be.  :P >:(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:55:01 AM by tusken RAIDEr - CEO of The Dangerous Crew Movement »