Author Topic: Jay Rock - Ghetto feat Lil Wayne & Will.i.am [AUDIO]  (Read 516 times)

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!

smegma

Re: Jay Rock - Ghetto feat Lil Wayne & Will.i.am [AUDIO]
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:19:30 AM »
Why in the world did they change the hook? :-\

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
I liked the singing on the "All My Life" version much better.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

smegma

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »
I liked the singing on the "All My Life" version much better.

Yeah... the part before the singing was tight too

messi19

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 10:22:55 AM »
WTF..this is All My Life. This one with Will.I.Am is wack.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:27:16 AM »
I knew that the final version was going to have Will.I.Am but I didn't think they were going to change the whole hook - and the name of the song.   

smegma

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »
I knew that the final version was going to have Will.I.Am but I didn't think they were going to change the whole hook - and the name of the song.   

It's sad that they put will.i.am on the hook because of his fame. All we can do now is hope this song will flop hard.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »
WTF, man these westcoast artists have a tendecy to fuck everything up and Jay Rock ain't no exception. The track was literally perfect the way it was, this new chours is bullshit.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
I liked the other version better too...

This ones a bit more catchy and perhaps a bit easier for the radio listener to sing along with?

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 10:32:47 AM »
they are just throwing this one out there - depending on the feedback they may and probably will just keep the K-Dot hook from the original joint that dropped last week

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

It's sad that they put will.i.am on the hook because of his fame. All we can do now is hope this song will flop hard.

I won't go that far homie... I still want Jay to succeed - and this song if it's his ticket to the big dance. I just like the other version better.  

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »

This ones a bit more catchy and perhaps a bit easier for the radio listener to sing along with?

Yeah exactly. It's pretty obvious to see why they decided to let Will.I.Am do the chorus. The guy's very popular with the mainstream audience, so by letting him sing a somewhat simple chorus, chances are the big crowds will take notice of it.
I can see the logic though the people at Warner Bros. are following: Lil' Wayne as a feature - one of today's more popular rappers along with Will.I.Am on the chorus - one of today's more commercial artists...that does sound like a good combo for an artist and his debut single. It all comes down to record sales again at the end of the day.

I like the original version better too. K.Dot won't be too pleased with this final version either...But hey, like Styles said: if this version opens up doors for Jay Rock, then so the better. The dude deserves it.

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

I won't go that far homie... I still want Jay to succeed - and this song if it's his ticket to the big dance. I just like the other version better.  

good call stylez

smegma

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 10:48:58 AM »

Yeah exactly. It's pretty obvious to see why they decided to let Will.I.Am do the chorus. The guy's very popular with the mainstream audience, so by letting him sing a somewhat simple chorus, chances are the big crowds will take notice of it.
I can see the logic though the people at Warner Bros. are following: Lil' Wayne as a feature - one of today's more popular rappers along with Will.I.Am on the chorus - one of today's more commercial artists...that does sound like a good combo for an artist and his debut single. It all comes down to record sales again at the end of the day.

That is exactly why I hope the single flops. One thing that the mainstream does NOT need is an injection of wackness. Jay Rock should man up and tell his label and the press what he really thinks about this version. I can't imagine he likes this new hook.

FOC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Still Here Still Workin Still FMG/Blu Division/PMG
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 10:58:30 AM »
I actually like this song, and im not the biggest Jay Rock fan. But I know that alot of people will be more receptive of this song than other joints I've heard from him. (Lift me up go hard, but thats on some westcoast shit, this is more universal)
Who I'm Working with right now: Glasses Malone, Ya Boy, XO, Topic, Crooked I, Juice, Black, Big Fase 100, B-Fly, Greedy, Mack Maine

www.myspace.com/focbeats

http://twitter.com/FMGFocus