Author Topic: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade  (Read 1271 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: ESPN News reporting Shaq for Marion trade
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »
I want to see Shaq and the Suns win the whole thing and beat the Lakers on the way just to read NIK's posts for the weeks after it happens.

Every person who is not a fan of the Lakers would think so, the bad part is that there are very slim chances... The Shaq-Version of the Suns has no real chance of beating the Lakers when Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Kobe are playing.  :-\

I never said the Suns would win. I just want them to, only because I want read NIK's posts on the matter.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
^Don't be paranoid. I wasn't correcting you lol.

Damn I wonder how this will affect Marion's numbers. He's my fantasy nigga. He should definitely get more rebounds now.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 03:42:03 PM »
ESPN Breaking News: Shaq traded to Suns for Marion & Banks.

Its officially official.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2008, 03:42:39 PM »
I want to see Shaq and the Suns win the whole thing and beat the Lakers on the way just to read NIK's posts for the weeks after it happens.

Every person who is not a fan of the Lakers would think so, the bad part is that there are very slim chances... The Shaq-Version of the Suns has no real chance of beating the Lakers when Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Kobe are playing.  :-\

I never said the Suns would win. I just want them to, only because I want read NIK's posts on the matter.

We all know you want them to...but it's a matter of whether you think it's really a possibility or not.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
^Don't be paranoid. I wasn't correcting you lol.

Damn I wonder how this will affect Marion's numbers. He's my fantasy nigga. He should definitely get more rebounds now.

Marion's stats will most likely go down without Phoenix's system.

SO PRUP

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »
Suns trading for Shaq makes almost no sense
Suns trading for Shaq makes almost no sense
By Stan McNeal - SportingNews

When I first heard about the Shaq to the Suns rumors Tuesday, I blew them off as so ridiculous they didn't warrant a comment.

Then I thought about them and talked to a couple of folks. Still didn't make any sense. Well, it sure looks like the deal makes sense to the folks who count in Phoenix and Miami. Now I can see how they make a ton of sense for the Heat, but not for the Suns.

There are 40 million reasons to begin with. That's the $20 million Shaq is owed next season and the $20 million he's owed the season after. The Suns, remember, gave Kurt Thomas away last summer because of financial concerns. Thomas makes $8 million and is due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. So all of a sudden, the Suns are willing to take on Shaq's contract? I know Shawn Marion makes a bunch, too, but if he's as unhappy as advertised, he could opt out of his $17.1 million deal this summer (highly unlikely, says one exec). If he didn't opt out, his salary still would come off the books a year before Shaq's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Then there's the state of Shaq. His game has slipped, he's had trouble staying healthy and he'll be 36 next month. And you're going to owe him $40 million for two more seasons.

There's the basketball: Does this mean Mike D'Antoni is giving up on his running offense? When I talked to D'Antoni and GM Steve Kerr two weeks ago, they were as determined as ever that D'Antoni's style can win the championship. Kerr mentioned how the rule changes -- which allow way more contact inside than on the perimeter -- plays right into the strength of the Suns' 3-point attack. Maybe they still can run with Shaq, but don't look for him to be filling the role of Marion breaking away for dunks.

So far, I'm not seeing what the Suns are seeing. But let's look at this from Kerr's perspective:

He's got an allegedly unhappy star in Marion that he can trade for arguably the greatest big man of the past 20 years. You'd do that, too.

Kerr believes Shaq will solidify the Suns' defense because Stoudemire can move to his natural position of power forward and Shaq can man the middle. This makes sense if Shaq can stay out of foul trouble and he buys into being a defensive stud who gets 10 shots a game. Iffy yes, but Kerr must think it's doable.

Trading for Shaq counters the Lakers' move for Pau Gasol. If Shaq's with the Suns, they can use him to defend Andrew Bynum and Stoudemire can guard Gasol. Size-size at least, these are better matchups for the Suns than Stoudemire on Bynum and Marion on Gasol. Still, making a trade to match up better against one team isn't typical business, especially when the Lakers aren't even the favorites to win the conference. That would be the Spurs and Shaq can't defend Tim Duncan any better than Stoudemire can.

This allows Kerr to unload Marcus Banks, who has had more down times than up this season. Banks is owed more than $13 million over the next three seasons so the Suns are getting rid of a troublesome contract.

Of course, it's not nearly as troublesome as Shaq's will turn out to be.

Stan McNeal is a writer for Sporting News. E-mail him at smcneal@sportingnews.com.

F-cisco

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2008, 04:38:34 PM »
Watch out.....The NBA trade floodgates have been open!!! Thanks LA... Who's next J-Kidd? Or maybe T-Mac?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »

We all know you want them to...but it's a matter of whether you think it's really a possibility or not.

Giants beat the Packers. Most people thought that wasn't possible. Didn't you even scoff at the idea? Anything is possible. Fuck it. I got my iants by 3 prediction right last week so I'm gonna make another one. Suns go further in the playoffs than the Lakers this year. Quote me on that when it's all over win or lose.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
shaqs going to allow amare to slide down to his natural PF position... and now that shaq wanted to be traded he has no choice but to get his ass in shape especially with the type of tempo the suns have

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 05:22:02 PM »

Giants beat the Packers. Most people thought that wasn't possible. Didn't you even scoff at the idea? Anything is possible. Fuck it. I got my iants by 3 prediction right last week so I'm gonna make another one. Suns go further in the playoffs than the Lakers this year. Quote me on that when it's all over win or lose.

Yea, but the difference is, you're not saying that because you believe it's gunna happen, you're saying that because that's what you want to happen.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
honestly

im not going to knock this move until i see atleast 5-10 games with Shaq.

even then, the playoffs are diff from the regular season.  shit gets slowed down and Shaq would fit in better.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2008, 05:54:48 PM »
honestly

im not going to knock this move until i see atleast 5-10 games with Shaq.

even then, the playoffs are diff from the regular season.  shit gets slowed down and Shaq would fit in better.

yeah anyone who says its gonna be crap without watchin the games first is just a hater. i guess watchin the suns completely own your team year after year and send them home paccin in the first round will make a lot of suns haters. too many haters here.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »
Yea...We're haters for thinking Shaq isn't a fit in Phoenix's offense. We're haters for saying it's stupid to drastically alter your offense for a 36 fat guy who's at the end of his career. We're haters for saying Shaq's payroll is ludicrous. We're haters for saying Shaq is out of shape and way past his prime. We're haters for thinking the deal makes no sense. ::)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=Suns-080206

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgGjhrAFCVgMUZmubM4dT3w5nYcB?slug=aw-shaqtrade020608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://deadspin.com/353180/trying-to-figure-out-that-crazy-shaq+suns-trade

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=ShaqSuns080206&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dhollinger_john%26page%3dShaqSuns080206

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/Dear_Shaq_Please_Stay_The_Hell_Away_From_Phoenix/128350

Looks like everyone in the basketball world is a hater.

blue crew

• 'G'
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »
it must suck being a hater and bitter that phx owns your team. plus your a filthy jew, so your life really does succ.

your prediction is based on hate cuz phx takes a shit on your team every year. please stop ruining threads cuzz.