Author Topic: For the doubters(/haters) who questioned whether Gasol would "gel" w/ the Lakers  (Read 478 times)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
24 points (10-15 FG, 4-4 FT), 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block...Oooohhhhhweeee. 8)

Against the weakest frontcourt in the league. Gotta see how he works out against actual competition before you can have too much to say about it.

LMAO. Man you act like he's a fucking rookie. Dude is a 7 years pro, has an All-Star appareance and he won the FIBA World Cup MVP Award.
Show him some respect.

Once again a genius misses the point. Its about how he is gelling with the team. He got 24 and 12 against a notoriously weak front court with Kobe only going for 6. Am I saying Gasol is gonna suck with LA? Absolutely not. What I am saying is that its too damn early to say he's gelled with the Lakers after 1 game with good numbers against a terrible front court with Kobe deferring to him all night.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

he played good. Ive been saying forever that Kobe needed another star on the team if he wanted a chance at a Shaqless title. If they keep this play up for the rest of the season theyll be a legitimate threat in the West. Actually, this years Western Conference playoffs is shaping up to be one of the most unpredictable playoffs ever.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^Odom was supposed to be that star, but he's just way more built to be a 3rd option, rather than a 2nd option.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

^Odom was supposed to be that star, but he's just way more built to be a 3rd option, rather than a 2nd option.

Odom was supposed to be. Gasol is. The whole team should benefit from Gasols presence in the middle.  Plus Bynum wont have to be rushed back.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Odom was supposed to be. Gasol is. The whole team should benefit from Gasols presence in the middle.  Plus Bynum wont have to be rushed back.

Yup...Odom is just way too unselfish...Dude rather make the extra pass than look for his own shot. He's talented enough to be that 2nd scorer, but he's just always had that pass first mentality engraved in his brain.

blue crew

• 'G'
For the fans(/groupies) who thought that one win meant Gasol would "gel" w/the Lakers

A loss to the Hawks (under .500 team)

12 pts (5-14 FG, 2-2 FT), 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals, 1 block.....ZzzZZZ.  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kobe Bryant- 11 points (4-16 FG)

Kobe's gunna need to rest that finger. Gasol's line isn't terrible, I'd hardly blame him for this loss. We'll see how things go the rest of the road trip.

blue crew

• 'G'
nice turnover by kobe to lose the game. damn he sucs in the final minutes this year. first he gets owned by lebron and has 11 turnovers and now he chokes against the losing hawks.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

You're right...Kobe always plays like this. What a shitty player in the clutch.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn i think we can take it all for real.

tempo2

yep, theyve gel'd already lmao. i told you guys it would take a good 20 games to get the lakers going and firing on all cylinders.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Gasol >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.... (infinite).. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brown

We improved drastically.

End of discussion.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

yep, theyve gel'd already lmao. i told you guys it would take a good 20 games to get the lakers going and firing on all cylinders.

Yea...cuz we all know Kobe isn't playing with his shooting hand injured. ::)

SGV

SGV says Gasol probably won't gel right away. NIK calls SGV a hater and says he ruins threads. Then NIK makes a thread for all hate. NIK then makes a thread referencing the "haters (read: SGV)" who thought Gasol probably would not gel right away. But of course, he's  not spreading hate. He's  not aiming this thread at SGV its just a coincidence.

Kobe may be injured, but now with Gasol that should not be an excuse. That is a solid 2nd option with leadership skills, plus Fish running the point and "best bench" in the league, theres no more room for excuses.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

There are no excuses...Like I said, Gasol is already in tune with the offense and we'll see how things go the rest of the road trip. Stop exciting yourself... this thread is about Gasol, not about you.