Author Topic: New Interview with Slim Da Mobster from Aftermathmusic Music  (Read 352 times)

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Interview with Slim Da Mobster from Aftermathmusic Music
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:29:21 PM »
Dr. Dre introduced Slim da Mobster to the fans listening to Power 106. Aftermath Music had the fantastic opportunity to speak with him on his past, Aftermath, album, beefs and much more!

INTERVIEW: February 02nd, 2008

Aftermathmusic.com:
First of all, thank you for taking the time to speak with www.Aftermathmusic.com - the premier Aftermath website on the net.

Slim da Mobster:
It's only right. My 1st real interview is with you.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's start with your childhood. Where are you from and where did you grow up?

Slim da Mobster:
All over from South Central to Dallas. I'm from the streets.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Which artists have influenced you the most growing up?

Slim da Mobster:
The D.O.C and Biggie. I think Biggie is the best. All around, yeah I said Biggie!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Why did you choose the name Slim da Mobster?

Slim da Mobster:
I got Slim from being in the trap from one of the smokers. I added the Mobster, because I think like one. (laughs)

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is the number one goal that you want to accomplish with your music?

Slim da Mobster:
Providing for my family and my community.

Aftermathmusic.com:
You'll probably answer this question over a million times in the next month, so let's just get it out of the way. How did you hook up with Dre and Aftermath?

Slim da Mobster:
Me and my producer Doug was ridin down Ventura, passin Dre's studio and I was like 'Lets go!'. While being talk to by security The Good Dr. pulled up and excepted my cd. Real shit! I left my number on a lottery ticket and he called.

Aftermathmusic.com:
How did you feel when you first learned that Dr. Dre was interested in working with you?

Slim da Mobster:
Myspace - the A&R at the time kept hitting me up, but I thought he was bullshittin'. So I ignored the 1st couple messages, but then I responded and he wanted me to come work.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What was it like when you first met and spoke to Dr. Dre?

Slim da Mobster:
I almost fainted. (laughs) You know how you dream some shit and your dream really happens. Well, that's what it was. I always felt like he would f*ck with me. But Ni99az was sayin' I really gangbang. I'm active in the streets. Just pure hatin'. But Dre is a real ni99a. His response was 'No lawsuits Slim, if you really want to do this!"

Aftermathmusic.com:
Are you officially signed to the math?

Slim da Mobster:
As a writer. I'm signed to my own label Gangmodule Music. I own all my music. But it's Aftermath or Nothin' on mine.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What is the biggest difference between working with Dr. Dre in the studio than any of the other producers you've worked with?

Slim da Mobster:
He makes me nervous.(laughs) But it makes me go harder. Ask Stat Quo and Young Buck how i go hard, but Dre gives me the power. I need to be a super man. When you hear his beats it just come. I don't need a pen or paper, the words just come to. Dre asked was I on Drugs, because I was knockin out so many records. (laughs) No drugs. I'm Detox, but I might relapse. (laughs)

Aftermathmusic.com:
Did you ever think you would have the opportunity to work with such a great label in music?

Slim da Mobster:
No. Honestly, because of what ni99as say about me.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Dr. Dre is signing people who are real workaholics. What pushes you to record songs all the time?

Slim da Mobster:
Just knowin whats at steak makes me go hard. I'm like Snoop on The Chronic. This is my foundation. I got to help bring it to where it should be. The West Coast that is.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Dr. Dre said that you will you be on DETOX. Can you tell us more about the project and what you’ve done with him so far?

Slim da Mobster:
I wrote a song and 50 Cent is on it. And a couple of other joints, but the rest you got to wait.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Do you think Dre will be able to fit most of the people he’s ever worked with on 12 or 13 tracks? There are some fans who feel that they’d prefer more songs on that record.

Slim da Mobster:
Dr. Dre can do anything. He's that Ni99a!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Are there any particular artists and producers that you would like to work with in the future?

Slim da Mobster:
Will.i.am, Kanye, Swizz Beats and T-Pain, The Game, Bishop Lamont and Tyrese.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Do you have anything to say about Bishop Lamont? He’s also from the Westcoast and he’s very high ..math’s anticipation list.

Slim da Mobster:
I love Elvis. Thats my dude!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Now you're signed with the elite. What do you hope to bring to listeners in the future?

Slim da Mobster:
Real Westcoast Gangster Shit.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Have you been busy working on your new album?

Slim da Mobster:
Everyday .. everyday!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What guest appearances can we expect, if any?

Slim da Mobster:
Still workin ...

Aftermathmusic.com:
What producers will be on the album?

Slim da Mobster:
This time I'm only using Dr. Dre beats. (laughs) Stay tuned!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What's your view on dropping mix-tapes to build a street buzz?

Slim da Mobster:
Mine did. The only ni99a in L.A.. The whole mix-tape is hosted by DJ Clue. No deal no nothin'.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What albums do you bump at the moment?

Slim da Mobster:
Chris Brown, Old Cube, NWA and B.I.G. P.O.P.P.A.. Thats it!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's talk about one of the greatest MC'S of all time - 2pac. What is your comment about him as a rapper and as a person? Did his music influence your style and rap skills?

Slim da Mobster:
He dissed Dr. Dre before he died, so no comment.

Aftermathmusic.com:
What are your goals for 2008?

Slim da Mobster:
Establish myself as a legit business man. Start payin taxes. You know the 1st check I ever got was from Aftermath. Thanx to Mr. Andre Young and Ary Inc.

Aftermathmusic.com:
With a lucrative future on the horizon, is there anything you would like to say to the fans?

Slim da Mobster:
Support us. We need you all. This is the only way out for some of us.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Best of luck this year and I hope we can catch up again later this year to see how things have gone!

Slim da Mobster:
I like to send a shout out to every ni99a in my gang. Dr. Dre for listening and givin real ni99az a chance to do something better, because ni99az will do they best to keep a real one down. Aftermath or nothing!

Lunatic

Re: New Interview with Slim Da Mobster from Aftermathmusic Music
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »
an album of his with only dre beats? :o  sounds 2 good 2 be true

waits for those 2 complain bout the 50 cent feature :P
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:43:02 PM »
I think that Pancho kid on this forum is gonna precum in his pants once reads the title and finally busts once he reads the interview, propz though LOL!!!

Mygla

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 05:55:55 PM »
Aftermathmusic.com:
Let's talk about one of the greatest MC'S of all time - 2pac. What is your comment about him as a rapper and as a person? Did his music influence your style and rap skills?

Slim da Mobster:
He dissed Dr. Dre before he died, so no comment.

lmfao, dude sounds like a fucking moron...

crappy interview... was this done by mail?

Invincible

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »

Co-sign. No chance of it happening. I'll believe it when i see it.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
I wondered what ever happened to this dude.  He should've taken better advantage of the Dre/Detox announcement awhile back by banging out some mixtapes to stay relevant. 

The Tupac slight was  ???  I hope he realizes that Dre done paid tribute to Pac throughout numerous Up In Smoke tours.  It's pointless to hold a grudge against a nigga whose been dead for almost 12 years.  If Dre's moved on, then that's all that matters.  Just my 2 cents.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:25:47 AM »
it doesn't just sound to good to be true, it is too good to be true for him  ;)  as you probably have noticed, you can't really take slim serious; the greatest example of that was his answer about 2pac.

i don't know if you saw that interview with 50 cent that was done by Julio G on myspacetv or whatever it's called; but 50 cent gave a good explenation of why dre would never produce the whole album.

besides, just look at Eminem, he had 8 beats from dre for encore right? Jay-Z had dre as executive producer on Kingdom Come-> 4 dre beats, and mixing of the whole album.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 04:43:22 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:58 AM »
it doesn't just sound to good to be true, it is too good to be true for him  ;)  as you probably have noticed, you can't really take slim serious; the greatest example of that was his answer about 2pac.

I wish dude the best, and I realize he's just a young cat new to the biz.  Truth be told, he might wanna hold his tongue next time if he gets anymore 2Pac questions, because he ain't established to begin with, and he might've also alienated potential fans in the process.  I'm just saying....be careful, Slim.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »

I wish dude the best, and I realize he's just a young cat new to the biz.  Truth be told, he might wanna hold his tongue next time if he gets anymore 2Pac questions, because he ain't established to begin with, and he might've also alienated potential fans in the process.  I'm just saying....be careful, Slim.

i don't think him being a "rookie" has anything to do with it, it's more about maturity. so if a well respected said the same thing as slim, it wouldn't make it less immature.
i think it's actually the other way around, because it would probably explode in the media.

i know what point you were trying to make, and i know that he hasn't done much interviews, but do you really think a lack of experience is the cause?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:01:50 AM by Dre-Day - Sniper of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 05:41:04 AM »

i don't think him being a "rookie" has anything to do with it, it's more about maturity. so if a well respected said the same thing as slim, it wouldn't make it less immature.
i think it's actually the other way around, because it would probably explode in the media.

i know what point you were trying to make, and i know that he hasn't done much interviews, but do you really think a lack of experience is the cause?

Lack of business sense, perhaps?  He has to realize that he's a commodity now.  You only get one shot at making a good 1st impression.  That's all I'm saying.  Maybe a little Public Relations 101 would do him some good, so that he can better handle how to present himself in interviews as a brand new artist who is trying to break through.  Now that he's got Dre co-signing him, he needs to follow through and make good on that instead of creating tension with potential fans.  Bottom line, you can't go against the Mt. Rushmore of West Coast Hip Hop: N.W.A/Dre/Cube/Pac/Snoop, without it biting you on the ass along the way.  Why put potential fans who are already Pac fans in a quandary with a statement like that?  It begs the question, what have you done for us, Slim? 

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 05:57:48 AM »
I wondered what ever happened to this dude.  He should've taken better advantage of the Dre/Detox announcement awhile back by banging out some mixtapes to stay relevant. 

The Tupac slight was  ???  I hope he realizes that Dre done paid tribute to Pac throughout numerous Up In Smoke tours.  It's pointless to hold a grudge against a nigga whose been dead for almost 12 years.  If Dre's moved on, then that's all that matters.  Just my 2 cents.

co sign

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 06:32:56 AM »

Lack of business sense, perhaps?  He has to realize that he's a commodity now.  You only get one shot at making a good 1st impression.  That's all I'm saying.  Maybe a little Public Relations 101 would do him some good, so that he can better handle how to present himself in interviews as a brand new artist who is trying to break through.  Now that he's got Dre co-signing him, he needs to follow through and make good on that instead of creating tension with potential fans.  Bottom line, you can't go against the Mt. Rushmore of West Coast Hip Hop: N.W.A/Dre/Cube/Pac/Snoop, without it biting you on the ass along the way.  Why put potential fans who are already Pac fans in a quandary with a statement like that?  It begs the question, what have you done for us, Slim? 
yeah like i said, i know what you're saying  ;)

i guess he needs some sort of media "training"  ;)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 06:45:10 AM »

Lack of business sense, perhaps?  He has to realize that he's a commodity now.  You only get one shot at making a good 1st impression.  That's all I'm saying.  Maybe a little Public Relations 101 would do him some good, so that he can better handle how to present himself in interviews as a brand new artist who is trying to break through?  Now that he's got Dre co-signing him, he needs to follow through and make good on that instead of creating tension with potential fans.  Bottom line, you can't go against the Mt. Rushmore of West Coast Hip Hop: N.W.A/Dre/Cube/Pac/Snoop, without it biting you on the ass along the way.  Why put potential fans who are already Pac fans in a quandary with a statement like that?  It begs the question, what have you done for us, Slim? 

i guess he needs some sort of media "training"  ;)

Yeah, it couldn't hurt.  :) 

But it sounds like Dre cares enough about him not to let him act a fool and bringing any unnecessary drama to work with him.  Slim just needs to study the legends and practice humility.  Being humble has its benefits.

Hittman2001

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 06:49:32 AM »
Aftermathmusic.com:
You'll probably answer this question over a million times in the next month, so let's just get it out of the way. How did you hook up with Dre and Aftermath?

i wonder what happens in the next month?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 06:52:16 AM »
^^ Dre will probably again be interviewed on Power 106 for his birthday.