Author Topic: Pat Riley says Wade + Marion = the next Jordan + Pippen  (Read 350 times)

GangstaBoogy

Pat Riley says Wade + Marion = the next Jordan + Pippen
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »
With the trade of Shaquille O'Neal to the Phoenix Suns for forward Shawn Marion and guard Marcus Banks formalized, Miami Heat coach Pat Riley spoke of a new outlook for his team, one that will focus on complementing guard Dwyane Wade as the definitive franchise focus.

"We simply looked at the big picture, where we are today, and we need to build around Dwyane," Riley said. "And everything we do now, moving forward is about building around Dwyane,"

Riley went as far as to compare Wade and Marion to Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

"From a standpoint of how I look at it, with Dwyane and with Shawn, it reminds me a little bit of the beginning of Jordan and Pippen," he said. "I think he's going to mesh very well with Dwyane."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Riley-compares-Wade-Marion-pairing-to-Pippen-Jor;_ylt=Apm58WaQO1P1.XPmoF62wlOC0bYF?urn=nba%2C65546

Dammit Patrick! And I was just gonna give you credit for trading Shaq.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Pat Riley says Wade + Marion = the next Jordan + Pippen
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:39 PM »
I guess that would make Pat Riley Phil Jackson.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:51:43 PM »
LMAO

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:47:06 AM »
He did not say that they are gonna be as good as them or that they are gonna get 6 rings. It's just a great flashy SG mixed with a really good SF who works his ass off. I can see where he's comin from. Apart from the fact that the Heat have no real center now, this can be a pretty good trade for Miami. They REALLY need to get a serviceable center, though. You can't play basketball without one.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »
What a slave!!!

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 09:23:14 AM »
He did not say that they are gonna be as good as them or that they are gonna get 6 rings. It's just a great flashy SG mixed with a really good SF who works his ass off. I can see where he's comin from. Apart from the fact that the Heat have no real center now, this can be a pretty good trade for Miami. They REALLY need to get a serviceable center, though. You can't play basketball without one.

i think there might be a chance they use Haslem at center when he returns.

i was reading about a month or so back that they might go small and have Haslem as their center.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »
hahahahahahahahahaha

well it's going to be interesting to see what they can do down in south beach
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »
NOw i might be wrong here but they dont have a great supporting cast they ahd a few years ago right? and this is the reason why they started slumping no??

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »
LOL. not 2 sure about that :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »
NOw i might be wrong here but they dont have a great supporting cast they ahd a few years ago right? and this is the reason why they started slumping no??

The reason they started slumping is because of who Shaq is...if he's not "motivated", he doesn't put in the work. Now, he's so far behind that it'll take much more than just motivation to get him back into playing shape... I think a miracle is the right word to use.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

The reason they started slumping is because of who Shaq is...if he's not "motivated", he doesn't put in the work. Now, he's so far behind that it'll take much more than just motivation to get him back into playing shape... I think a miracle is the right word to use.
c'mon Nik, i don't think shaq is the reason they've started slumping..i think the loss of kapono & posey (combined) really hurt them
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com