Author Topic: Anyone have fishtanks?  (Read 194 times)

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
Anyone have fishtanks?
« on: February 11, 2008, 06:57:20 PM »
i have been keeping south and central american cichlids for a few years now. they are easy and inexpensive to take care of, and some are extremely aggresive. I used to keep community tanks but now i like to raise killers. i have an 8 inch jaguar cichlid i feed mice and pieces of steak/hamburger. for some weird reason bitches actually like that shit
[

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Anyone have fishtanks?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:03:53 PM »
i use to when i was a kid. but that was before i had a job so i couldn't really take care of them. the tanks started to get nasty and shit cuz i couldn't afford the filters and shit.

but yeah the cichlids are the best fishes to get. i had one who got 10 inches and totally fucked up everything in the tank. i called him Damien. i use to feed him feeder/goldfish. i use to feel bad for him because i got him with another cichlid that ended up dying because i put a crawdad in there and it clipped it in half. so i figured i'd put an oscar in there to keep it company. i woke up the next morning and there was a big ass eye ball in the tank staring at me.

but when i get out of college i plan on getting a 75/100 gallon tank. fresh water. salt water is too expensive and too much work.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »
I have a pretty big tank. I have a few Big Oscars and some sharks in it.

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »
thats something that eye actually want to do........... make my environment much relaxing..........

acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
I have a pretty big tank. I have a few Big Oscars and some sharks in it.

oscars and sharks?  in the same tank?  I didn't know oscar's could live in salt water?

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:53:55 PM »
i really wanna do up a saltwater tank with live rock, coral and a variety of fish/crustaceans nothing beats saltwater imo

thisoneguy360

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:13:59 PM »
Goldfish  :P

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:17:22 PM »
i had a cool ass 30 gallon in my old apt, until me and my roomate tried to move it, and the stand collapsed, and the fish tank went crashing down, and a fucking river formed in our living room, we actually never even mopped (before or after, or ever), we just let that shit dry, i want another, shit is so relaxing, and so pimp

Euro-Trash

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:29 PM »
he probably means bala shrks, those little pussy fish that are basically goldfish but resemble sharks
[

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 06:17:29 PM »
yes, ive got a 260gall salt water fish tank with marine life

always been fascinated and its relaxing just to chill kick your feet up and check out your fishes..

ive got a porcupine puffer, and a cow fish both are very personable they recognize and get happy when they see you follow you around and everything because they think your going to feed them

a blue and a yellow tang
and a small cat fish to clean up the remains of shit and left over food

got 1 grey smooth hound shark 20 inches...i just lost my baby leopard shark rip lil scrappy  :'(

~Lucien~

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:09 PM »
yeah man... I have a tank with 5 red-belly piranha's in it...
they are nasty as fuck. real killers

acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »
I want to get some pirahnas.  I heard they are a pain in the ass to keep the tank clean because of how they eat.  is that true?

~Lucien~

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 09:40:13 PM »
I want to get some pirahnas.  I heard they are a pain in the ass to keep the tank clean because of how they eat.  is that true?

actually it's not true. that's my experience. saltwater fish are a pain in the ass as far as I know.
and it depends on what you give them to eat I guess

acgrundy

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
what do u feed them?

~Lucien~

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 10:04:26 PM »
what do u feed them?

''pinkies'' (baby mice), frozen foods, fish and meat...
people think piranhas will eat anything. true! but it's unhealthy to give them hamburgers, hot dogs and shit