Author Topic: AMG "Rum & Coke" Album Available Now On Myspace!  (Read 695 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

KURUPTION-81

Re: AMG "Rum & Coke" Album Available Now On Myspace!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »
free download or $ ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
10 dollar download

DJSpin

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »
im def grabbin this when i get paid... id rather a pressed cd though

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »
I've been out the loop for a min, but what ever happened to that Fixxers shit?
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

ruthless95rip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »
cool. ima check it out.

~Lucien~

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
what's the tracklist? I can't see it... US only I guess

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »
AMG and Quik are officially the new crack heads of the industry. Making bad music, without a label, to fans who really deserve something decent.

Daz and Kurupt were the crack head duo for the last 5 years. Quik and AMG have officially stolen their crown for making some of the worst music in their careers.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 10:35:46 PM »
AMG and Quik are officially the new crack heads of the industry. Making bad music, without a label, to fans who really deserve something decent.

Daz and Kurupt were the crack head duo for the last 5 years. Quik and AMG have officially stolen their crown for making some of the worst music in their careers.

i greatly disagree. how are you going to hate on artists making an effort to create music different from their previous efforts? if you hate on that, then you are hating on innovation, which last time i checked, was a good thing. did you even listen to the fixxers' album? it really wasn't that horrible. no one gave it a chance because it wasn't the usual quik and AMG that everyone has been accustomed to over the past 15 years. i admit i was skeptical at first, but listen after listen, it grew on me. they took a step into grounds they haven't in the past, and it wasn't all that bad of an effort. different style: same people. i would analyze your music more before you become so negative.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:30 AM »

i greatly disagree. how are you going to hate on artists making an effort to create music different from their previous efforts? if you hate on that, then you are hating on innovation, which last time i checked, was a good thing. did you even listen to the fixxers' album? it really wasn't that horrible. no one gave it a chance because it wasn't the usual quik and AMG that everyone has been accustomed to over the past 15 years. i admit i was skeptical at first, but listen after listen, it grew on me. they took a step into grounds they haven't in the past, and it wasn't all that bad of an effort. different style: same people. i would analyze your music more before you become so negative.

most fixxers shit was wack, and it wasn't cause they were doing something different: their subject matter has usually been party shit anyway. It was just the wackness of the beats (more than half of it sounded like garbage). there was some nice stuff - like Worldwide AM and Smoke II Much - but it was just subpar. And it wasn't because they were tryna do the down south thing - I love bangin beats, but these weren't.

evan the dude

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Alaskan Connection
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 02:20:19 AM »

most fixxers shit was wack, and it wasn't cause they were doing something different: their subject matter has usually been party shit anyway. It was just the wackness of the beats (more than half of it sounded like garbage). there was some nice stuff - like Worldwide AM and Smoke II Much - but it was just subpar. And it wasn't because they were tryna do the down south thing - I love bangin beats, but these weren't.

i understand the subject manners were the same, however i was mainly speaking on the production. smoke II much and worldwide AM are two tracks that easily appeal to old quik fans. they jumped out at 1st listen. after listening to the album 4 or 5 times i started liking the other tracks just as much. i came to that conclusion not based on the fact that i'm a quik fan and "i should love everything he puts out just cause its quik". that would be plain stupid. instead i listened to the tracks from an unbiased prospective, as if i were listening to an up and coming producer. that is how i came to appreciate the other tracks on the album. now even from that perspective, i can honestly say i don't like EVERY track on the album. for example, i think Sippi Sippi and Doe are horrible songs. other than that, the tracks i have really come to like are "Winning", "Offshore Flow" and "Middle". i've liked "So Good" since the day it leaked. so in that retrospect, that is how the album has grown on me. i know everyone has their personal opinions and i definitely respect that. i just feel that people didn't give this album the proper chance it deserved.

Get the dubcnn "california love" wallpaper here!!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 07:16:40 PM »

i understand the subject manners were the same, however i was mainly speaking on the production. smoke II much and worldwide AM are two tracks that easily appeal to old quik fans. they jumped out at 1st listen. after listening to the album 4 or 5 times i started liking the other tracks just as much. i came to that conclusion not based on the fact that i'm a quik fan and "i should love everything he puts out just cause its quik". that would be plain stupid. instead i listened to the tracks from an unbiased prospective, as if i were listening to an up and coming producer. that is how i came to appreciate the other tracks on the album. now even from that perspective, i can honestly say i don't like EVERY track on the album. for example, i think Sippi Sippi and Doe are horrible songs. other than that, the tracks i have really come to like are "Winning", "Offshore Flow" and "Middle". i've liked "So Good" since the day it leaked. so in that retrospect, that is how the album has grown on me. i know everyone has their personal opinions and i definitely respect that. i just feel that people didn't give this album the proper chance it deserved.

I hear what you saying. But they changed so much, just to get signed to Interscope, and they didn't even release an album. It looks bad on them. The production was OK on a few tracks, but it's Quik. Most those beats sounded like Lil Jon's rejects. It's fine to make a simple beat, but when Quik is making them, you expect some level of quality. Also I didn't enjoy their new found flows and voices. They changed completely the way they rap, sing, flow, and sound. Everything was different. It was like a bad Mistah Fab album or something.

I like change, I like new original stuff. I like the fact it was just Quik and AMG on every track. But it didn't work out. And the fact that they didn't get a major release after all the hype, is dissapointing. AMG was Quik's worse protege. A Quik AMG duo album just doesn't sound appealing. Quik should have left Grimus, and tried to push a solo DJ Quik album with all his old buddies on it. And the fact Quik dropped the DJ from his name.

It was just a year of drama and hype, and it amounted to nothing. That is why I think these guys are washed up. Quik can rebound, as long as AMG doesn't stay near those boards.

~Lucien~

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 07:30:21 PM »

I hear what you saying. But they changed so much, just to get signed to Interscope, and they didn't even release an album. It looks bad on them. The production was OK on a few tracks, but it's Quik. Most those beats sounded like Lil Jon's rejects. It's fine to make a simple beat, but when Quik is making them, you expect some level of quality. Also I didn't enjoy their new found flows and voices. They changed completely the way they rap, sing, flow, and sound. Everything was different. It was like a bad Mistah Fab album or something.

I like change, I like new original stuff. I like the fact it was just Quik and AMG on every track. But it didn't work out. And the fact that they didn't get a major release after all the hype, is dissapointing. AMG was Quik's worse protege. A Quik AMG duo album just doesn't sound appealing. Quik should have left Grimus, and tried to push a solo DJ Quik album with all his old buddies on it. And the fact Quik dropped the DJ from his name.

It was just a year of drama and hype, and it amounted to nothing. That is why I think these guys are washed up. Quik can rebound, as long as AMG doesn't stay near those boards.

Do you know many songs produced Quik for that Fixxers record? Only a couple...
This was basically AMG/Poptraxx/Fastraxx. Quik was only helping him out

Woodrow

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
I'd be interested in getting this but SnoCap won't let you listen to samples...

It's been 5 full days since AMG went live with this and still no samples?

Bull. Shit.

~Lucien~

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
I'd be interested in getting this but SnoCap won't let you listen to samples...

It's been 5 full days since AMG went live with this and still no samples?

Bull. Shit.

yeah no samples is  :-X
did anyone bought this?