Author Topic: Best Western Conference trades this season in order  (Read 447 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Best Western Conference trades this season in order
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 11:19:40 AM »
The saddast part is that Gasol is only 27... there should be a league-veto for such joke-trades. I'm still mad about this. LOL@Dallas giving up more for a 35 year old guard than the Lakers for a 27 year old power forward. Fuck the Nba.

There shouldn't be a veto, because the trade benefited both teams.. it wasn't collusion. Kwame had the biggest expiring contract in the league and the Grizzlies were going for cap space. they don't wanna win now. Along with that, they managed to get a great guard prospect (who could one day be an all-star with the talent he possesses) and 2 valuable first round picks...I've seen WAY worse trades go down (the Shaq-for-Marion+Banks trade, for instance)...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
You just hate on the Shaq trade cause you hate Shaq, it's that simple. Banks wasn't doing SHIT for the Suns. He was payroll trash for them. Marion was becoming a cancer and threatened to opt out after this season, leaving them with nothing. It's yet to see what Shaq can do down there. I have my doubts about him too, but there is a chance that he be a real nigga, making Amare a realer nigga; getting the ball near the basket then passing it out to some real shooter niggas the great passing nigga that he is. And shit. Plus your ass was always that nigga that said the Suns can't with it all with their style, so what's there to bitch about this trade. Nash is an aging nigga, they didn't close their window with that trade. They have to win soon, with or without that trade.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SO PRUP

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
I don't no at first that shaq trade I thought was stupid but now its starting to worry me.  I think if kobes pinky doesn't die lol and ariza and bynum come back like they left we are going to take it all the way.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »
You just hate on the Shaq trade cause you hate Shaq, it's that simple. Banks wasn't doing SHIT for the Suns. He was payroll trash for them. Marion was becoming a cancer and threatened to opt out after this season, leaving them with nothing. It's yet to see what Shaq can do down there. I have my doubts about him too, but there is a chance that he be a real nigga, making Amare a realer nigga; getting the ball near the basket then passing it out to some real shooter niggas the great passing nigga that he is. And shit. Plus your ass was always that nigga that said the Suns can't with it all with their style, so what's there to bitch about this trade. Nash is an aging nigga, they didn't close their window with that trade. They have to win soon, with or without that trade.

Wrong...I LOVE the trade. It makes the pacific division that much easier to win....but LOL@your reasoning for why I think the trade sucks...As if it has nothing to do with Shaq being a slow, old liability and Marion being Phoenix's most efficient player, as well as their best defender and rebounder. ::)

Suns with Marion=no finals
Suns without Marion=EVEN WORSE

Your reasoning sucks.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »

Wrong...I LOVE the trade. It makes the pacific division that much easier to win....but LOL@your reasoning for why I think the trade sucks...As if it has nothing to do with Shaq being a slow, old liability and Marion being Phoenix's most efficient player, as well as their best defender and rebounder. ::)

Your reasoning sucks.

I was talking about you hating the trade from a "trades have to be fair" perspective. Of course you act like you love it, nigga. Your hate for Shaq => you thinking the Suns have made a huge mistake making this. You need to learn to put emotions aside when attempting to make rational arguments.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 02:42:14 PM »

Your reasoning sucks.

I was talking about you hating the trade from a "trades have to be fair" perspective. Of course you act like you love it, nigga. Your hate for Shaq => you thinking the Suns have made a huge mistake making this. You need to learn to put emotions aside when attempting to make rational arguments.

Are you really this slow, 7even? I've already made many rational arguments as to why this is a terrible trade on the Suns part. Now, all we can do is sit back and see it unfold. LOL.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
Don't underestimate the Shaq trade (like I did earlier). The more I think about it, this makes the Suns more of an all round team. They lost a valuable player in Marion, but they are more built for the playoffs now. Nash will find a way of running an effective offense in the half court, and whenever they need to they can go right back to run and gun offense. Still don't think they'll make it to the finals, though.

No you meathead, don't you get it? Half court = cryptonite to the Suns! Thats how we took a 3-1 lead of over them. Thats why the Clippers forced them to 7 games. Thats why they lose to San Antonio every year.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

No you meathead, dont you get it? they ARE forced to play half court...now they got Shaq to help inside..WHICH in turn could help their half court play. DUH

HOWEVER, this only works if Shaq is healthy
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 03:43:50 PM »
Don't underestimate the Shaq trade (like I did earlier). The more I think about it, this makes the Suns more of an all round team. They lost a valuable player in Marion, but they are more built for the playoffs now. Nash will find a way of running an effective offense in the half court, and whenever they need to they can go right back to run and gun offense. Still don't think they'll make it to the finals, though.

No you meathead, don't you get it? Half court = cryptonite to the Suns! Thats how we took a 3-1 lead of over them. Thats why the Clippers forced them to 7 games. Thats why they lose to San Antonio every year.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

No you meathead, dont you get it? they ARE forced to play half court...now they got Shaq to help inside..WHICH in turn could help their half court play. DUH

HOWEVER, this only works if Shaq is healthy

Don't YOU get it? Nash, Amare, Bell, Barbosa, etc. SUCK at a half court offense. I'd understand if they acquired Yao Ming or something... that's a different story. But they're changing up their gameplan with 30 games left in the season for a dying fat man.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

Your reasoning sucks.

Are you really this slow, 7even? I've already made many rational arguments as to why this is a terrible trade on the Suns part. Now, all we can do is sit back and see it unfold. LOL.

Listen nigga.
Your thought process, in order:
"Fuck Shaq" and "Fuck the Suns"
=> "OMG SHAQ TRADED TO THE SUNS LOOLLLL"
"Must find arguments that directly or indirectly say that Shaq and the Suns suck"
"Shaq is too slow and always injured, and the Suns can't play half-court"
" :) "

It could be that you're right, but you not even giving Shaq one game shows your hate, your bias and also your hypocrisy. Nigga, you were tellin' SGV what a hater he is just because he had doubts about Gasol immediately gelling with your boys. Don't make me dig that discussion up.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »

Your reasoning sucks.

Listen nigga.
Your thought process, in order:
"Fuck Shaq" and "Fuck the Suns"
=> "OMG SHAQ TRADED TO THE SUNS LOOLLLL"
"Must find arguments that directly or indirectly say that Shaq and the Suns suck"
"Shaq is too slow and always injured, and the Suns can't play half-court"
" :) "

It could be that you're right, but you not even giving Shaq one game shows your hate, your bias and also your hypocrisy. Nigga, you were tellin' SGV what a hater he is just because he had doubts about Gasol immediately gelling with your boys. Don't make me dig that discussion up.

LMFAO@comparing current Shaq to current Gasol...7even, man, SERIOUSLY...Quit making yourself seem dumb...You know this trade was a BIG FAT gamble (pun intended), and now you're tryna act like only people who hate Shaq are thinking that. Stop it. I back everything I say with logic...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
Of course it was one big fat gamble. Where was I denying this? Doesn't mean that it's definitely gonna be the worst trade in recent memory. It could give the Suns something they needed. It could suck, also. You're not giving it any time and shit. Your hate for O'Neal is pretty disgusting.
No, it's not a sin

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49:15 PM »
its kind of silly to try and guess NOW. We've seen Gasol with the Lakers....but we havent seen how Kidd or Shaq will really impact their teams. One thing to think about is this. Running teams dont win championships. You cant win a title unless you can play D and execute in the halfcourt. Nobody can slow down the fast break like Shaq lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
its kind of silly to try and guess NOW. We've seen Gasol with the Lakers....but we havent seen how Kidd or Shaq will really impact their teams.

Not really because regardless of what happens now you have to look at the future...

In 5 years Kobe will just be the age Jason Kidd is now. Gasol will be 32 (great veteran age). Bynum will be what 25? And we still have a future in Farmar and Turiaf (PG & PF are two crucial positions).

The Mavs had a good thing going with Harris. He's not a Deron Williams / Chris Paul type of point guard but thats good for their system. He's built to fuck with Tony Parker. We already saw him beat Parker at his own game in the 06 playoffs.

Shawn Marion has been playing the diva role lately but one things is for certain, he ALWAYS gave his all on the court - happy or not. They traded him away for a 36 year old cancer who will only play hard when he's "motivated" enough to do so. Championship or not what do they have in a few years? Shaq will be retired, Nash is already pretty damn old, Stoudemire and Barbosa are great players but you can't build around them.

And the Jazz, it was a simple trade that really benefited them. They traded a guy that was causing problems for a great shooter (which they needed) and its really paid off.

One thing to think about is this. Running teams dont win championships. You cant win a title unless you can play D and execute in the halfcourt. Nobody can slow down the fast break like Shaq lol

Lmao!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »
^^it just seems to me like these questions are asked more as a way to feel good about ones own team. The Lakers got a great pickup with Gasol. The Suns....im not sure about. But who knows, it may suprise us. And the Mavs know that the window is closing so they went for the quick fix. I think it was the wrong move for PLAYOFF basketball. But who knows. Since all the talk on here has been about what a great pickup Gasol is....and questions about the other two big trades....why keep bringing up the debate on which trade is better. Unless a person just wanted to hear the same answer over and over.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 07:29:09 PM »
Of course it was one big fat gamble. Where was I denying this? Doesn't mean that it's definitely gonna be the worst trade in recent memory. It could give the Suns something they needed. It could suck, also. You're not giving it any time and shit. Your hate for O'Neal is pretty disgusting.

Yea...you're being completely retarded and blinding yourself because you refuse to respect my opinion. Many people make predictions when it comes to sprots. That's why there's fucking sport programs and talk radio shows soley dedicated to that. My prediction just happens to be a lot more accurate and realistic than yours, so you come up with your lame ass "YOU HATE SHAQ!" BS, since you have no other defense...Everyone knows that Phoenix lost more value than they gained in this Shaq trade, whether they like to admit it, or whether they bottle it up inside...Is there still a chance it'll work out? A very slim one, yes. Was it worth the gamble? Oh, hell naah. All I can give you is my opinion...I personally woulda' cringed if the Lakers made a retarded ass trade like, lets say, Odom for Shaq. Do you seriously not get my VALID points or do you still wanna talk about me "hating" Shaq like a little boy with nothing to say?...PeACe